I was wondering now that Chromatic has all this support from Nintendo and extra time to release the game, are all the Kickstarter goals met now?  Are we going to see on release a new enemy and map, new rift walker hero, customizable tavern, bonus boss fights and surprise extra stuff?  I feel like this would make a lot of people happy who were disappointed those goals weren’t reached initially, I’m sure that Nintendo money more than makes up for what wasn’t reached.

It depends. I dont think Nintendo is funding DDA directly but more offering support for it to be released on there console first. So if they giving CG funds Id imagine it be to dev time for switch. Not to meet all there goals. But who knowsm

• Like 2

if any of the extra goals were to be hit out the gate i would definitely like to see the riftwalker . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martin Arcainess said:

It depends. I dont think Nintendo is funding DDA directly but more offering support for it to be released on there console first. So if they giving CG funds Id imagine it be to dev time for switch. Not to meet all there goals. But who knowsm

this is what I'm thinking too, of course there will probably be some money involved, but not enough to get through all those stretch goals.

17 hours ago, fester420 said:

I was wondering now that Chromatic has all this support from Nintendo and extra time to release the game, are all the Kickstarter goals met now?  Are we going to see on release a new enemy and map, new rift walker hero, customizable tavern, bonus boss fights and surprise extra stuff?  I feel like this would make a lot of people happy who were disappointed those goals weren’t reached initially, I’m sure that Nintendo money more than makes up for what wasn’t reached.

I honestly have no idea, I'm just another person like you here, but I think the thing with nintendo was mostly just about getting featured on the nintendo indie video. That was a huge amount of exposure right there.

• Like 1

Any form of Nintendo's assistance was likely just intended for Nintendo optimization. As awesome as that would be, I doubt it'll have any effect on stretch goals.

Many of the flex goals are things that we'd like to add into the game eventually, meeting them just would've meant they were introduced at launch. Projecting into the future is really hard with so many moving parts involved in developing a game, we never know what might happen. That being said, if we have the time/resources we'd love to add the stretch goals, and a lot more, but obviously the core game-play takes precedent. If not at launch, most of them will most likely make it into some DLC eventually. Take my response with a grain of salt, I don't make any big decisions and none of this is concrete.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

in other words what he is trying to say is even though they lied to us and alienated half of their target consumers to the point where they just lost an immense amount of support they will not be making an effort to make things right, just like they did with dde.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, disloyalbullet said:

in other words what he is trying to say is even though they lied to us and alienated half of their target consumers to the point where they just lost an immense amount of support they will not be making an effort to make things right, just like they did with dde.

Alienated how? If your on about the pc/switch being released first that aint alienating nor can you say they lost support in anyway. Sure some people are peeved about but still gonna support the game.

Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, disloyalbullet said:

<< EDITED BY ADMIN >>

Making any of the unmet flex goals present at launch would not appease you nor any of the other people who were upset by the recent decision to be Switch exclusive on console at launch. You're simply being a disingenuous ass for the sake of attempting to get any sort of apology out of someone you won't accept an apology from to begin with.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:15 PM, Martin Arcainess said:

Alienated how? If your on about the pc/switch being released first that aint alienating nor can you say they lost support in anyway. Sure some people are peeved about but still gonna support the game.

There are many people who will not support a project on certain principles such as exclusivity, even if it will not affect them to begin with. A PC player might not support DDA, for example, due to the Nintendo exclusivity on consoles because they oppose the idea of exclusives on principle, and have decided to vote with their wallet by not supporting the game. It's a perfectly valid position to take, even if the changes don't affect you.

Edited by cg_kyled
Offensive Content

Posted (edited)

Im sure from the outset Chromatic said they intend to have all their goals met at some point,  just that the kickstarter was to help them get more on release. I dont think they really expected to be able have all their goals ready for release with the Kickstarter, but more a roadmap of where they want to take the game. I expect these goals will most likely be met within the lifetime of the game, but  some of them may be paid DLC and some may be free updates. I dont think any money or help from Nintendo was used exclusively for any flex goals not initially met by the kickstarter. I feel it was more on actually getting the game to work on the Switch in a way that way pleasant for those players. It may even of been that without the help given by Nintendo they might of had to abandon a Switch release completely. With their inexperience of the Switch and their determination to make the game playable on it I am sure thats where their focus was when approaching Nintendo for help.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

Another reminder that it is okay to be unhappy and okay to express that unhappiness, but you need to keep the language civil. Anger is not an excuse to be abusive.

• Like 3