I just saw on the Nintendo Shop that there will be 15 maps on Awakened. Does anyone know how many maps there was on DD1 and what map do you think they kept?

If you are only looking to count those in the main campaign there were 13 maps in DD1 from Deeper Well up to Glitterhlem caverns. If you include the 4 shard maps which completed Nightmare difficulty that brought the total to 17, as well there were maps introduced with new heroes and other DLC. We know of at least 4 original DD1 maps making the cut for DDA - deeper Well, Arcane Library, Alchemical Laboratory and Royal Gardens. They also let out of the bag that Servants Quarters didnt make the cut from DD1 to DDA. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arcane library is not an original DD1 map, it premiered in DD:E and has been added into DD1 by the Community Development Team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

Arcane library is not an original DD1 map, it premiered in DD:E and has been added into DD1 by the Community Development Team.

Oh right sorry its not easy to remember with the earlier CDT maps whether it was TE or CDT that developed them for DD1. I had took a gap in playing DD1 from just after the jester was released until around a year and a half ago all I could remember was this map is currently in DD1 xd.

If I remember correctly there were 13 maps in the base game and 4 dlc maps in dd1, but I doubt we will be getting the dlc maps from dd1. I know that with the exception gliterhelm caverns and the dlc maps the maps had a trend of a set of 4 maps and then on the last wave of the fourth map would have a boss in the first game. Though we know that A Deeper Well is in, Forges and Foundries is likely to come back, Magus Quarters might come back, we know Alchemist Laboratory is back, rip Servant Quarters, Castle Armory I hope comes back, Hall of Court I honestly didn't like, The Throne Room will probably make it, Royal Garden is confirmed, The Ramparts I hope is back, Endless Spires should come back but I don't know at the moment, The Summit probably will be back as that map was the final map in the main story in that game, but other than that I don't know.

Since I can't edit my earlier post, the Trone Room was shown in the trailer for the switch version of the game.