Sign in to follow this  
Fishyx360

Why am i funding a switch timed console exclusive?

14 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

Was referring to the whole offering refunds with some people being unhappy about the announcement. You did not have to go to twitter. There was an announcement sent to all backers, which also sent an email to the email address you registered with them. I don't like to use twitter either, but it is a widely used communication platform, so I can't fault them for thinking it a reasonable way of off-the-cuff reaching out as a supplement to the clearly official announcements.

again you are lieing i am a backer and never once received an email saying anything about refunds.

9 hours ago, disloyalbullet said:

again you are lieing i am a backer and never once received an email saying anything about refunds.

What would my motivation be to lie to you? Go ahead and look in the kickstarter update discussion, there are multiple dev responses telling people how to get refunds. Yes, its not front and center in the post itself, but if you are (or were) a kickstarter backer, you should be reading it. If you don't care to read all of the things about something you put up good money to back, well...

wait a sec funny how you say quickly offered refunds

There were multiple dev responses in the announcement thread telling people who wanted refunds how to contact support to get them right after they were requested. They could not have responded a lot faster without having somebody monitor it 24 hours.
image.png.8746d64b9d51b1d4c01ad03c22b657f8.png
Look, you're clearly upset and I totally understand that. But please don't make unfounded accusations about people. If you want a refund, feel free to contact support at the email shown here to ask for it. I'm certain they'll be happy to honor it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, LemonyNebula said:

Yes, they wrongfully said the platforms would be releasing at the same time, but if they came out and said sony or microsoft put the release on the backburner would you be as angry? Or is the anger due to knowing they decided themselves to delay it after promising otherwise? 

Did you see anyone talktrash nintendo? This whole thing is a choice CG did. If sony had the game delayed on playstation 4 for what ever reason, I would be mad at sony and not CG. I personally don't have any special love regarding Sony. I switched to console gaming about 5 years ago because I couldn't play keyboard and mouse anymore because of wrists issues. I didn't really switch by choice. I didn't want to play with a controller on PC and never know if a game really supports controllers and if it does is it even well supported. I also wanted to have a fair playing field in player vs player games and not be against keyboard and mouse players.

And they are offering refunds straight away, which is a huge deal in itself. They are not trying to trick or trap you, they just are doing what is good for the game that we said we were behind.

I don't even get why some of you guys keep saying that like it is a good thing, that should count for anything. How is getting a project started on fake promise, getting outside money and screwing over some of your backers and refunding some of them any good behavior? The amount of money they'll actually have to refund to a most likely very small amount of people must be nothing to what they gained / will gain.

edit : If something outrageous happened in two months from now and 90% of the entirety of the backers asked for refunds, do you really think they would refund everyone?

It's funny to me how at the start they were saying that they were back to being an indie studio with no more obligations and no one forcing their hands. Then they raise a lot of money from fans and proceed to sign a contract with Nintendo which forces them to do things and they can't even actually talk to us about any of the details because of said contract.

@LemonyNebula Cross-saves as you mentioned, is the only thing that really frustrates me with this whole console timed exclusive situation. It's the only thing that will really affect XB and PS players who get to play later. If they really care as much about XB and PS players, they should disable cross-saves imports on Xbox1 and PS4 for something like the first two weeks. Personally, hoping they will do something about it is the main thing that has prevented me from seriously considering getting a refund.

And to be honest, to me it kinda goes to show that they actually don't really care about their backers. There are a few things they could do to try and at least make the XB and PS only players feel better about the situation. Instead they just said "we're sorry" and are giving refunds.

Edited by Windex
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Windex said:

Did you see anyone talktrash nintendo? This whole thing is a choice CG did. If sony had the game delayed on playstation 4 for what ever reason, I would be mad at sony and not CG. I personally don't have any special love regarding Sony. I switched to console gaming about 5 years ago because I couldn't play keyboard and mouse anymore because of wrists issues. I didn't really switch by choice. I didn't want to play with a controller on PC and never know if a game really supports controllers and if it does is it even well supported. I also wanted to have a fair playing field in player vs player games and not be against keyboard and mouse players.

Actully exclusivity deals are offered by the platform owners. If anything you should be blaming Nintendo (in a reasonable fashion, no hate) for paying for exclusivity (same as people blame epic or the other consoles for exclusivity deals). A studio, indie in particular, is hard to blame for taking a timed exclusivity deal due to the benefits it has on the company as a whole. There is better logic for them taking the deal to improve a product, than a company paying for exclusivity so they don't have to bother improving their systems. I also am hard pressed to believe that people would not take the deal if the shoes were on the other feet. It is so much easier to blame from the outside in.

Also just to let you know, almost every game on PC runs with controller. Even those few unsupported games can be played with them, as not only are many bindable as keys, but Steam itself has an entire controller section specifically designed to allow you to control or emulate control types to the controllers. The Steam controller is also by design, made for this purpose, though all controllers have this functionality. You don't even have to fiddle much as it often has presets.

9 hours ago, Windex said:

I don't even get why some of you guys keep saying that like it is a good thing, that should count for anything. How is getting a project started on fake promise, getting outside money and screwing over some of your backers and refunding some of them any good behavior? The amount of money they'll actually have to refund to a most likely very small amount of people must be nothing to what they gained / will gain.

edit : If something outrageous happened in two months from now and 90% of the entirety of the backers asked for refunds, do you really think they would refund everyone?

It's funny to me how at the start they were saying that they were back to being an indie studio with no more obligations and no one forcing their hands. Then they raise a lot of money from fans and proceed to sign a contract with Nintendo which forces them to do things and they can't even actually talk to us about any of the details because of said contract.

Because it means they make no money from you and therefore do not have ulterior motives to trap and lie to you for your money. That they care enough that you are upset that they give you an out. You are unhappy, so they give you a solution. What more can you ask for.

They don't need to refund by this point either. This is the risk of a kickstarter as stated on the accountability section. If the project fails completley and you lose out that is literally the risk you took when you backed the project, this should come to zero surprise to anyone. If you are not happy with this I urge you to never kickstart again. Getting a refund offered after the goal is genuingly a bonus in a backer situation. You need to understand this.

Also they are still an indie company, and have no obligations beyond holding it back for one or two months on two consoles. They didn't get a publishing deal or anything and still have full control of their title. The fact we do not know the contract is the very reason we cannot talk about its obligations or what they are or are not forced to do. An NDA on the deal is often reasonable from an agreement between two entites as it can contain sensitive information for either party, but it does not mean that they have sold out how the game works. I would tell people uncomfortable with this deal to wait for more official word over time, or if they will forever be, to refund right now.

9 hours ago, Windex said:

@LemonyNebula Cross-saves as you mentioned, is the only thing that really frustrates me with this whole console timed exclusive situation. It's the only thing that will really affect XB and PS players who get to play later. If they really care as much about XB and PS players, they should disable cross-saves imports on Xbox1 and PS4 for something like the first two weeks. Personally, hoping they will do something about it is the main thing that has prevented me from seriously considering getting a refund.

And to be honest, to me it kinda goes to show that they actually don't really care about their backers. There are a few things they could do to try and at least make the XB and PS only players feel better about the situation. Instead they just said "we're sorry" and are giving refunds.

This I agree with entirely. They should be working on ways to mitigate the damage the deal could potentially cause and give back a little to those affected to show they are just as valuable to them as switch and pc backers.

It is too early for that last sentence though. The game doesn't come out until next year, and you see how much trouble making promises that are not fulfilled get them into. They may be working on something special right now but are not in the stages they can tell us, we honestly do not know.

Posted (edited)

I think the main problem is that since we were not privy to the negoations (and we wouldnt expect those details to come out) we are left to speculate as to why they chose this route. Would it be that without Nintendo there would be no Switch release at all? Was it so they could avoid having to cut a deal with a publisher like EA? Was it to cover costs they didnt anticipate? Whatever their reasons they must of felt it was the right decision for them. 

The main issue now is where do they go now to rebuild relationships with those who already invested in the game. How can they prove that they still care about us? I think something similar to what they did with the delivery costs would help. The only thing I have to mention is DONT compensate with something DD2 related just DONT. Give backers some ingame item for DDA whether its a skin, a pet or armour whatever just something they can use when the game is released please!!!!! Just a reward for being patient with you throughout the whole development thus far of the game.  I understand that designing items will take some time, but I think it would be worthwhile investment if you want to keep those of us left still hyped and positive for the game and your company. Although I agree that PS and XBOX backers are suffering the most having exclusive items there wont work with cross saves. It was proposed that perhaps some sort of early access/beta be available exclusively to kickstarter backers during the exclusivity phase could be used. I am not sure what the terms of exclusivity are when it comes to something like that, but if it is feasible that would be fair imo. It may mean that progress during this period might be wiped though which does make it a little more moot if you are worried about being behind the curve.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

I think a small purchasable thing released on all versions alongside the PS and Xbox release, but free for those console users would be the best thing. Doesn't have to be anything drastic just a little something to show they care about them still. A gesture of good will.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/23/2019 at 1:40 AM, Alhanalem said:

Believe what you want to believe. That doesn't make it true.

(xbox gamer tag: tahngarthor)

But what if someone looked at that gamertag and it didn't have any DD game played ever?

Most of the titles appear to be GWL titles.

I want the project to succeed as much as anyone as I think the series is great but Trendy has a proven record of hanging consoles out to dry which is why I didn’t support the project in the first case. I will gladly buy the game when it comes out but I didn’t see it as worth the risk.

Even going back to the days of Hitmonchan with DD1 the patch for xbox was always coming soon. 7 years later it still never arrived. If you don’t get your hopes with Trendy odds are you will be less disappointed with the outcomes.

Edited by AFreakinCabbag3
  • Like 1