Sign in to follow this  
Fishyx360

Why am i funding a switch timed console exclusive?

Posted (edited)

Hello my name is FISK, ive been around console DD since the launch of DD1 (My username probably gives that one away)

Ive been around since way before DundefArabia was a thing, i played a broken version of DD1 for way longer then any sane person probably would have.

I got over 2500h into the sequel aswell on my platform of choice (which is now the xbox one), ive put up with bugs and broken things for way longer in this game aswell (Would probably had been way longer but hey trendy forgot we "loyal defenders" existed for 6 years). ive had plenty of faith in Trendy (I will continue to refer to them by their name as chromatic has currently done nothing for DD2) but it was slowly fading away, we went months without nothing. The dream of a DD2 endgame rework, a purpose for doing more then a handful of resets but alas we saw nothing worthwhile.

Then they announced basically the reason for why DD2 seemed to be forgotten: DD:A, a new take on what made me fall in love with the series. I was finally going to be playing a version that didnt have gamebreaking bugs (atleast i hope so) i was finally going to get the full package in a reworked way, and did i get hyped? Hell yeah i got hyped at first. Until i noticed that us "Loyal defenders" were nothing more but an afterthought, they made us into a stretch goal. 

That hype quickly turned into anger, why would i an xbox player put money towards something that i might not get? thats the dumbest thing ever, obviously many people on both PS4/Xbox felt the same kind of anger/frustration as i was feeling. Why would we risk our money and maybe end up getting nothing for it? We dont play on consoles because we are broke, we play on them because we prefer playing on em.

But then we saw the light of hope appear, we got promised that we were no longer a stretch goal but we might be a bit behind. That eased up on the frustration that i was feeling, until the promise finally came: WE WOULD GET IT ON DAY 1, finally i could let the hype get to my head. I placed my kickstarter in the tshirt bracket (because trendy have been terrible with swag over the years) and i was finally going to show off my nerd levels with something i expect to be quite rare.

At that point there was no mentioning of international shipping fee in the post at all, so that tshirt hype ended up to yet another disappointment that only non U.S people will know.

Then it goes silent, the friday streams are basically nothing but fluff, it took several weeks of watching Lawlta get carried in C7/Onslaught before anything worthwhile was mentioned (if there even was a stream at all)

Then finally we get to see some gameplay and a bit of the testing area, then it died down again.

It isnt until now that we really get anything worthwhile, that worthwhile information is an exclusivity deal with Nintendo? So you are telling me that me and the fellow console bois/girls are now paying for a title that we aint gonna get on day 1, like you promised us? This is absolutely shameful. It doesnt matter if its only a week or two, you essentially ruined the going in blind part, enjoying the progression with the rest of the community. At this point this is just a kick in the balls, us xbox players and ps4 players get no beta anyway all we get is to wait while people on other platforms gets to enjoy a title that we were promised to get at the same date as them. That was a reason why many people decided to even back the kickstarter.

The only reason why i funded a Nintendo switch timed exclusive title is because you simply lied to us, once again. I been around you for close to 8 years, ive seen you point fingers in every direction except your own.

Edited by Fishyx360
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I pretty much had the same thought process during the kickstarter all the way up to them finally stating we would get it on xbox1/ps4 at launch too.

I don't even actually mind waiting a bit longer but I'm really angry about the fact that despite being promised something that ended up being a lie to have us give them money based only on our trust in them, we end up with Switch and PC players, who cross-save over, WAY ahead of us on day 1 on xbox1/ps4. We won't even have a brand new game on the very first day that it's out on xbox1/ps4.

I always had a lot of doubts about DDA on consoles after consoles DD2. Now are we just gonna get a rushed and un-optimized re-release as well? Yeah they're developing it for the switch but it's not the same features and specs as xbox1 and ps4.

Edited by Windex
  • Like 1

Great thread. I can identify with so much of that history, all the way back to DD1 on PS3. Being a PS/XB player feels like being a second class citizen. This exclusive gap is a great disappointment. Not very happy with Nintendo either. We still in the SNES console war days? Not exactly paving the way for a cross-platform world. 

Guess i can watch others on twitch play with what i can't have. 

2 hours ago, Sarkhan Vol xbox said:

Classic Case of Bait and Switch... 

Joking/Not Joking

Let me ask a fair question: Was the exact simultaneous release for all platforms really that big of a selling point?

They're still making the game for all platforms, and the delay between switch/PC and the others is being implied to be "short." There will also undoubtedly be fewer bugs/issues when it does hit the other platforms that those players won't have to deal with. It sure seems like a win/win to me. The beta is also going to be available at the same time for everyone still (which was always going to be on PC only), so you'll still be able to check things out before the official release.

Because of this, calling it a bait and switch is really a bit of a stretch- I don't really think the simultaneous release thing was much of a "bait" to be switched out. I think their choice of words was possibly poor and I think they made a misstep- but I feel like that phrase "bait and switch" implies "con artist" and I don't personally believe that they wanted to screw anybody at any time. They also quickly made the offer to give refunds to people who feel burned, and I think they handled that about as well as anyone could have.

Maybe there's some big conspiracy here or something, but I'd rather assume good faith. I can certainly say that in other aspects of life, assuming the worst has never served me well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

They're still making the game for all platforms, and the delay between switch/PC and the others is being implied to be "short." There will also undoubtedly be fewer bugs/issues when it does hit the other platforms that those players won't have to deal with. It sure seems like a win/win to me.

To me, that's a totally wrong assumption. It might even have more bugs/issues. It seems they're gonna put their work on the PC and Switch version and then focus on XB and PS for what ever time they'll have left.

Even if it doesn't have more issues there's absolutely no guarantee that they'll have fixed switch and pc issues by the time it's out on PS and XB. Just check DD2 after it came out after PC.

And I'd much prefer dealing with a few bugs over waiting longer and have cross-savers ahead of us.

The beta is also going to be available at the same time for everyone still (which was always going to be on PC only), so you'll still be able to check things out before the official release.

I'm not sure how a PC only beta is "available at the same time for everyone". Anyway everyone knew the beta was gonna be PC only. Some of us were just hoping we'd see one on consoles at some point later. With the timed exclusivity that's pretty much out the window.

I think their choice of words was possibly poor and I think they made a misstep-

You seem pretty uninformed. I am almost certain the simultaneous launch on all platforms, including playstation 4 and xbox 1 was a stretch goal early in the kickstarter and when they raised a lot of money really quickly they removed it and announced that the game would release on all platforms at the same time. There were no poor choice of words.

To be honest what triggers me the most in this situation are the people who were not gonna be playing only on playstation/xbox and try to defend them or try to calm us down or stuff like that. I'll be happy to read what anyone has to say and how they feel about this situation if they're actually affected by this.

As I've already said, I don't mind waiting longer but I do the fact that after being told we would be playing the game on day 1 as well, not only will we have to wait longer but the very first hour the game will be out on xbox and playstation, some people are already gonna be max level and able to beat most of the game, thanks to the cross-saves. It might not be a competitive game but I was really looking forward to a brand new DD game with everyone starting fresh and "racing" to beat the content and get godly.

Edited by Windex
  • Like 3

It is a big deal nowadays. Most of the sales are done during the first week, people don't like to wait and don't want to be spoiled by trolls on internet.

The first week of a release is really important, where most people will buy the game then it will slowly go down. That's why devs, publishers use DRM, to make sure the game is not pirated day one and lose revenue.

Releasing it only on some platform will force the consumers to buy it.

How many people bought a console to be able to play gta5/rdr2 on day one ? How many will still buy it when it release later on other platform ? Sure DDA is not on the same level but there is still some people who will buy a switch just because a PC is too expensive for them.

As other people said, with cross save, when the game release on xb/ps there will be a big difference with people who already played on switch/pc.

Even after breaking the same day release promise, I hope they won't break the promise of having a lot of graphic option on the PC version because of the partnership with Nintendo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alhanalem said:

Let me ask a fair question: Was the exact simultaneous release for all platforms really that big of a selling point?

They're still making the game for all platforms, and the delay between switch/PC and the others is being implied to be "short." There will also undoubtedly be fewer bugs/issues when it does hit the other platforms that those players won't have to deal with. It sure seems like a win/win to me. The beta is also going to be available at the same time for everyone still (which was always going to be on PC only), so you'll still be able to check things out before the official release.

One of the biggest selling points for me, im one of those kind of players that will constantly rush towards being one of the first to reach X point. I have several Xbox first completed games over the years, some of us enjoy the thrill of going in 100% blind and being first. This basically feels like when i have to rush vs people with Review codes, which i have done fairly often lately. But the biggest difference there is still that i didnt buy x games or get promised x game on Y date beforehand. They promised same day launch, that was the selling point. I wouldnt have given them any money if they didnt say that.

I didnt even touch on cross saves much, but as others have said you kinda get the point in their posts. Play on PC/Switch - Swap and be a god = GGWP race is done, let the carries begin and ruin yet another DD title.

Going in blind in DD2 i was still the second person on TrueAchievements to 100% it on xb1, and the guy that finished first was a old pc player that knew how the entire progress system worked.

Watching a Beta is a whole different thing, what does most betas show? The full game? nah not really they show a really small amount, basically giving you a chance to test and see what its like and thats it. 

I could just watch a Juicebags let´s play at this point and wait for a sale as a thank you, atleast i got my refund which im very thankful for. That was the best part Chromatic have done for the DD franchise so far, cant get worse from here on i hope.

• Like 2

Watching a Beta is a whole different thing, what does most betas show? The full game? nah not really they show a really small amount, basically giving you a chance to test and see what its like and thats it. 

Depends on the game and the developer tbh. Sometimes betas have all or most of the content, sometimes they're more like demos. It's also not clear whether or not people will have to start fresh after the beta or not. If not, you'll miss that "first" chance if you aren't doing the beta. You can still go "blind" regardless of the release dates, just don't watch streamers or other people playing before you do. This doesn't in any way prevent blind playthroughs.

Personally, i've never really understood the desire to be "first" at everything, but if you have a PC or switch you could still do that. That aside, they are doing the right thing in my book, both by trying to build a relationship with a major console company and by handling the situation properly and offering refunds without hesitation.

Most of the sales are done during the first week

most of the sales are done the first week, *per platform.*
I waited over half a year from the console release to play the PC version of Monster Hunter World. It was longer of a wait than I would have liked but I still bought into it, still played it, and still had (and still have) a blast, and the PC platform sold very well even though you suggest that only the first week of only the first platform release matters.

I've seen no evidence that a non-simultaneous release across different platforms has a dramatic impact on sales of the platforms that come later.

Releasing it only on some platform will force the consumers to buy it.

I don't think many people will feel "forced" to buy a switch or PC when the other platforms release a short time later.

17 hours ago, Windex said:

To me, that's a totally wrong assumption. It might even have more bugs/issues. It seems they're gonna put their work on the PC and Switch version and then focus on XB and PS for what ever time they'll have left.

I think you're the one making the wrong assumption that just because there's a short delay for the PS4 and Xbox that they don't care about those platforms and won't/aren't putting in the effort to make sure they work. They're being developed simultaneously. The delay is an artificial one due to the agreement, and has nothing to do with the quality of the product per platform. Any company that isn't EA that, when asked to agree to make other versions of a game inferior or put less work into them, would refuse an offer like that (and yes, I know it's happened before, but it isn't a common occurance), and no game developer worth their salt normally wants to intentionally cripple their product.

They made it very clear in their message that this [delay affecting quality by platform] won't be the case, and I don't personally feel one misstep like this is enough for me to doubt everything. As long as it's the only one.

I am not uninformed- please don't paint me as a white knight. I have an interest in playing across multiple platforms, and this does affect me- just not a by a huge amount. Cross saves will be a thing, and I can play on PC or switch until the PS4/xbox launches, and then have the choice of all of them from there. They made a mistake, but they're doing the right thing in handling that mistake and I think that should count for something.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Alhanalem said:

They made a mistake, but they're doing the right thing in handling that mistake and I think that should count for something.

Had no clue what you were talking about since I didn't see anything from them on the DDA forum or the kickstarter page nor did I receive any email with an update considering the timed exclusive matter. Had to go on twitter which I do not use ever.

I think you're the one making the wrong assumption that just because there's a short delay for the PS4 and Xbox that they don't care about those platforms and won't/aren't putting in the effort to make sure they work.

"make sure they work?" There's a huge difference between working and working properly. And I'm actually basing my assumptions on facts. DD2 on PS4 is an un-optimized and extremely laggy mess. Even after having been out for years.

Edited by Windex

Had no clue what you were talking about since I didn't see anything from them on the DDA forum or the kickstarter page nor did I receive any email with an update considering the timed exclusive matter. Had to go on twitter which I do not use ever.

Was referring to the whole offering refunds with some people being unhappy about the announcement. You did not have to go to twitter. There was an announcement sent to all backers, which also sent an email to the email address you registered with them. I don't like to use twitter either, but it is a widely used communication platform, so I can't fault them for thinking it a reasonable way of off-the-cuff reaching out as a supplement to the clearly official announcements.

"make sure they work?" There's a huge difference between working and working well. And I'm actually basing my assumptions on facts. DD2 on PS4 is an un-optimized and extremely laggy mess. Even after having been out for years.

Why would you assume I mean "just work" and not "work well?" You're being nitpicky with words here- don't pick me apart word by word- you know what I'm trying to say. Of course I expect it to work just as well on one platform as the next. And it honestly shouldn't really be an issue whatsoever if they have the game running on the Switch, if I may be so frank.
Also, DD2's performance is not any worse on ps4 than the other platforms. I have used them all and I can't tell the difference.

Posted (edited)

Was referring to the whole offering refunds with some people being unhappy about the announcement.

Sorry but offering refunds after building your project on a fake promise doesn't count for anything to me.

So here's our final word. Apologies for another tweet storm. We messed up by talking about an Xbox+PS release "on launch." We're sorry if "on launch" on Xbox+PS was the reason you backed us.

They can't even straight up admit that they lied to us. Instead they're only saying they "Talked about" a simultaneous launch on all platforms.

Sorry but this doesn't feel to me like an honest company who feels much remorse about screwing up a part of their long time fans.

Why would you assume I mean "just work" and not "work well?"

Because that's what you said. Sorry but if you want people to fully know what you mean, you have to be precise in what you say. Anyway I'll admit, I used that as a pretext to reiterate how much I don't want DDA to just work on PS/XB but work f**** freaking well. : )

Edited by Windex

Posted (edited)

Perhaps it is best to put the whole reasons why XBox and PS players feel so annoyed into context. For some of us this has built up since the original game when console players were abandoned basically within the first year of release. We were fobbed off with excuses like the consoles could not handle the updates, but even small fixes like making the Strength drain aura remove elemental resistances was never implemented on console. I had already bought Dd1 on both Xbox 360 and PS3 at this point and felt extremely frustrated the only way I was going to play the full game was to go buy a PC and buy the game yet again. Then out comes Dd2 crashes galore on PS4 somme of which are still remaining over a year later. We felt like second class citizens being ignored again. Comme and beta test they would ask, but you have to have a PC and Steam again console players felt left out. DDa gets announced and yet agai no testing for console players. We got hyped for news we could get a simultaneous launch along with PC players and with cross save! So we can have it on multiple platforms without having to start over and over again. Even though I dont own a Switch i felt hyped that even that was being considered "Finally!!!" I thiought console players might actually be getting treated as equals to the so called "PC master race". Then first came the fiasco with delivery charges if you happened to live anywhere but North America you had to pay them or not get the goods. That upset many people mainly because the first we heard about it was with the survey not even an email before that to tell us. Then this came about and for some its just "the straw that broke the camels back". As a mostly PS player when it comes to gaming I do feel that I have been let down over and over by the company, but I am still willing to wait to see whats the end result. With these extra months for PS4 they better make the most use of that tie so that I can actually play it there without crashing, huge latency etc

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Windex said:

Because that's what you said. Sorry but if you want people to fully know what you mean, you have to be precise in what you say. Anyway I'll admit, I used that to reiterate how much I don't want DDA to just work on PS/XB but work f**** freaking well. : )

I'm sorry, but most people know what I mean when I write words. They don't assume the worst possible meaning without every individually carefully chosen word being deliberately picked to please one very specific person when the general population knows what they mean when they say that something "works." When I say that, you choose to interpret it as "barely works" because that's what you want it to say- not because a reasonable person would do that. You seem to be the kind of person who tries to poke holes in things to find things that don't actually exist. It's good form to give people the benefit of the doubt. I in fact used to always assume the worst in everyone's words, and I find that that made my life way less pleasant in the long run. You should really not just assume everyone and everything is out to get you.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to satisfy grammar and vocabulary pedantic-ism. I'm just an ordinary person talking to, by and large, ordinary people. At this point, I'm just going to have to agree to disagree. We need to keep things civil and I will bow out to make sure of that.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Alhanalem said:

I'm sorry, but most people know what I mean when I write words. They don't assume the worst possible meaning without every individually carefully chosen word being deliberately picked to please one very specific person when the general population knows what they mean when they say that something "works." When I say that, you choose to interpret it as "barely works" because that's what you want it to say- not because a reasonable person would do that.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to satisfy grammar and vocabulary pedantic-ism. I'm just an ordinary person talking to, by and large, ordinary people.

Just proves how much you're just a third party in this whole thing who hasn't experienced any of what the people actually annoyed by this situation did.

When I say that, you choose to interpret it as "barely works" because that's what you want it to say- not because a reasonable person would do that.

I never said or interpreted it as barely works. There's a huge difference between something that works reasonably well and something that has almost no issues.

Edited by Windex

4 minutes ago, Windex said:

Just proves how much you're just a third party in this whole thing who hasn't experienced any of what the people actually annoyed by this situation did.

Believe what you want to believe. That doesn't make it true.

(xbox gamer tag: tahngarthor)

Posted (edited)

Also, DD2's performance is not any worse on ps4 than the other platforms. I have used them all and I can't tell the difference.

You also get 10 FPS in town on PC? I'm extremely skeptical about that.

Believe what you want to believe. That doesn't make it true.

So you were not gonna be playing on PC or Switch AT ALL when you backed the game? Then why would you say :

I have an interest in playing across multiple platforms, and this does affect me- just not a by a huge amount. Cross saves will be a thing, and I can play on PC or switch until the PS4/xbox launches, and then have the choice of all of them from there.

You're absolutely not in our situtation like I said.

Edited by Windex

Again, believe what you want to believe. I want to play on the xbox just as much as you want to. But I'm okay with the situation for the most part, because I can use other devices in the interim. That doesn't make me unable to sympathize with your situation.

In every piece of every comment, you continue to believe whatever supports your side of the argument. Case in point:

You also get 10 FPS in town on PC? I'm extremely skeptical about that.

I don't, but it is typically well below the performance of any other map. But I have a higher end PC. The average user most likely experiences what you're experiencing. Superior hardware can make up for flaws, but that doesn't mean the flaws aren't there- because they are. I'm not going to pretend there are no issues with the game just because I have a good enough PC to offset them.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Alhanalem said:

In every piece of every comment, you continue to believe whatever supports your side of the argument.

The average user most likely experiences what you're experiencing.

I'm sorry but I don't see how the same doesn't apply to you.

Anyway I'm done arguing on this pointless feud. I was -aggressive- toward you and this whole argument is going nowhere and isn't gonna bring any good.

Edited by Windex
  • Thanks 1

So @Alhanalem Clearly didn't get the Pun of my purposely chosen words even with Switch italicized... You're a Mod and I understand attempting to defend CG. But lets be honest CG calling this change of consoles not releasing all simultaneous wasn't just a "mistake from marketing" It was a Choice they made. When Trendy Ent. employees stepped away from the Safety blanket and Oversight of investors to start their own studio they signed up to make a game on a Budget that THEY mathed out into Crowdfunding tiers. Their Marketing team did a GREAT Job convincing Us that with our Support they could reach these Goals And make the game within THEIR OWN ESTIMATED timeline . Rather than stick to their pledge of these Goals that were met THEY CHOSE to accept a Paying partner that imposed Exclusivity rights for its platform. It wasn't a mistake. SO they either budgeted terribly, Allocated our pledges poorly, or purposely Mislead us with the monetary goals outlined in their KS. I was Skeptical but as you said. I Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and have some faith they could own up to what they were selling... But Alas the Almighty Dollar won them over. If it wasn't Feasible to make the game on their estimated budget set out in KS across all platforms (their most recent tweet thread talks about the difficulty of release on all platforms) ... Is that NOT Bait and Switch??????? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarkhan Vol xbox said:

So @Alhanalem Clearly didn't get the Pun of my purposely chosen words even with Switch italicized... You're a Mod and I understand attempting to defend CG. But lets be honest CG calling this change of consoles not releasing all simultaneous wasn't just a "mistake from marketing" It was a Choice they made. When Trendy Ent. employees stepped away from the Safety blanket and Oversight of investors to start their own studio they signed up to make a game on a Budget that THEY mathed out into Crowdfunding tiers. Their Marketing team did a GREAT Job convincing Us that with our Support they could reach these Goals And make the game within THEIR OWN ESTIMATED timeline . Rather than stick to their pledge of these Goals that were met THEY CHOSE to accept a Paying partner that imposed Exclusivity rights for its platform. It wasn't a mistake. SO they either budgeted terribly, Allocated our pledges poorly, or purposely Mislead us with the monetary goals outlined in their KS. I was Skeptical but as you said. I Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and have some faith they could own up to what they were selling... But Alas the Almighty Dollar won them over. If it wasn't Feasible to make the game on their estimated budget set out in KS across all platforms (their most recent tweet thread talks about the difficulty of release on all platforms) ... Is that NOT Bait and Switch??????? 

Look. I'm not a white knight and I said myself, I think that mistakes were made. We only disagree on how big of a mistake it was. And I think you're reading super too far into things and trying to infer things that just aren't there. You're upset and that's understandable, but you're reaching to suggest malice where I don't believe any exists.

If you think they're getting some kind of crazy beaucoup bucks from this Nintendo deal, you've most likely wrong. I would even be willing to bet money myself that this was little more than "Release on our console before the others and we'll feature you in our indie video thing. And maybe buy you drinks."

For further insight on this, I think you should review @DungeonDefenders on Twitter, as they have given what strikes me as an honest explanation. It's up to you to decide, and I respect you no matter which side you take, but I'm going to take my leave of this conversation.

5 hours ago, Sarkhan Vol xbox said:

Their Marketing team did a GREAT Job convincing Us that with our Support they could reach these Goals And make the game within THEIR OWN ESTIMATED timeline . Rather than stick to their pledge of these Goals that were met THEY CHOSE to accept a Paying partner that imposed Exclusivity rights for its platform. It wasn't a mistake. SO they either budgeted terribly, Allocated our pledges poorly, or purposely Mislead us with the monetary goals outlined in their KS.

One thing worth remembering is a kickstarter or backer situation, is not only an unusual situation by on large, but is also inherently full of potholes and problems. The word estimated means a LOT in these cases and any and pretty much everything mentioned should be taken with a grain of salt. They can aim for something but fail or misjudge and to be honest, game development is hard. Like real hard. Especially when you are going at it on your own, pulling out predictions and numbers out of the limited information you have at the time.

To be a backer means to accept that things can and likely will go wrong in some sense. Your in it for the highs and lows. You are supporting them, it is not just a product.

Normally however, these issues do not and should not end up affecting the backers too much beyond product quality. Which Chromatic has failed with when it comes to things like the delivery costs (They should have eaten the costs out of the development money) as a backer should never be asked or forced to part with 'more' money if something happens. The fact it took from peoples pockets, via either the money for an originally unstated delivery or the products themselves, due to their own mistakes was hard to forgive. They tried that for a long time before doing the right thing and publicly offering refunds or better yet, pledge changes. The gems... not so much.

This is on a different and more minor level to that. They decided to take a deal to help fund due to misjudgments or unforseen issues costing more time or money than they intended. They just wanted to do better than they ended up allowing themselves with previous plans. While it does put only certain backers out, it does not put them out financially and could be classed as a development change. We were never given a solid date during the pledge for release and knew it would likely change. Nobody seems to care about the delay and this is nothing more than a longer delay for a certain platform. Yes, they wrongfully said the platforms would be releasing at the same time, but if they came out and said sony or microsoft put the release on the backburner would you be as angry? Or is the anger due to knowing they decided themselves to delay it after promising otherwise?

People feel lied to, cheated and many feel that being held back will affect their gameplay as they fall behind those who get in first. I honestly get it and agree. I'm not trying to pretend that isn't a problem or take that away from anyone. It's like playstation or xbox players are litterally worth less than everyone else and you should be just as valuable as anyone else. Like you are picked on in particular and it is a bad omen for the care they will put into those platform versions if they so easily throw it to the side.

But lets be realistic. A delay in time ahead of another platform is the real affect here, and in terms of development is a minor one. One for a lot of money that could potentially improve the game drastically.

I do not believe Chromatic is trying to decieve anyone or upset their backers. I do not believe that they think less of any platform, I just think they are trying to make the most of an oppertunity to improve and help the development of the game. Unfortunatly the cost to do so will rub people the wrong way.

And they are offering refunds straight away, which is a huge deal in itself. They are not trying to trick or trap you, they just are doing what is good for the game that we said we were behind.

When they have more concrete information on what their future plans are due to this deal, they should tell us. It's risky making any more promises from here as it is clear, people don't like to be told one thing for another to happen. So they are playing it cautiously.

They should tell us this beyond twitter and facebook though, I honestly come across their view on the situation by chance. I didnt get any emails or anything, just the last kickstarter update that told us nothing. They are the worst at clarity...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:45 AM, Alhanalem said:

Because of this, calling it a bait and switch is really a bit of a stretch- I don't really think the simultaneous release thing was much of a "bait" to be switched out. I think their choice of words was possibly poor and I think they made a misstep- but I feel like that phrase "bait and switch" implies "con artist" and I don't personally believe that they wanted to screw anybody at any time. They also quickly made the offer to give refunds to people who feel burned, and I think they handled that about as well as anyone could have.

wait a sec funny how you say quickly offered refunds, thats just a big of a lie as them releaseing the game at the same time for everyone. i have been barking for days to get a refund and still havent even gotten a reply let alone my money back. this is the exact reason people are sick of your shit its nothing but lie after lie.