Sign in to follow this  
Batophobia

Switch Trailer

Posted (edited)

Just saw the DD:A trailer in the Switch Indie World Showcase video on the Nintendo YouTube channel.  The game is looking pretty good.  The only things I've seen so far are Kickstarter video and some images in the updates.  Is there somewhere that stuff is being uploaded that I'm missing?

Also, it mentioned the Switch timed exclusive being released in 2020.  Is the PC version stilled planned for October?

Edit: There's also this slightly different version that's just the trailer

Edited by Batophobia
  • Like 1

We'll be posting an official update very soon (with more details and progress to look at) but the game's release as a whole has been delayed until 2020 to make sure it's as great as humanly possible. PC will be releasing the same time as Switch (Feb 2020), but the PC beta will be before that. XBox and PS4 will be released shortly after, we will have more details on this soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I get that it's for a better game that the release date has been moved. But at the same time - fuck. Four more months on the clock.

That's a lot to suddenly get dropped on you via a trailer with no prior mention or foreshadowing

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cg_kyled said:

We'll be posting an official update very soon (with more details and progress to look at) but the game's release as a whole has been delayed until 2020 to make sure it's as great as humanly possible. PC will be releasing the same time as Switch (Feb 2020), but the PC beta will be before that. XBox and PS4 will be released shortly after, we will have more details on this soon.

Appreciate the details.

Question - can you elaborate at all on "PS4 will be released shortly after"? That mean like a day/week/month later? Not asking for a specific time frame, but your expectation or best guess would go a long way for us ps4 types...

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Appreciate the details.

Question - can you elaborate at all on "PS4 will be released shortly after"? That mean like a day/week/month later? Not asking for a specific time frame, but your expectation or best guess would go a long way for us ps4 types...

I would also imagine my son would appreciate knowing when he can play on Xbox one, the funny thing is the only platform I dont have a key for is the Switch xd. I kinda feel guilty that i can play on PC for the duration of the timed exclusive and since i have a key for PS4 I can take that save onto PS4 with the cross save function which would put me ahead of those who only backed for PS4.

• Like 1

There were a few interesting things I saw in the trailer. You can move while casting Mana Bomb, the tower placement UI, and the mana icons from or similar to DD2.

The menu interfaces that we saw looked kinda out of place in a game set in a sort of medieval  kingdom and close to something from a futuristic game with the lack of opacity. I get that its to be minimalistic for the small screen on the switch while undocked, but it still feels out of place. Also the tower range indicator only covers the floor. Unlike DD2 it doesn't show the aerial coverage of the tower, which will probably wind up being rather important for late game Harpoons and Deadly Strikers.

We also got a better look at the Squire's animations in the context of the game, which imo was better than what we saw in the dev update today. When I saw the animations in the update I was very concerned that we were going to get the DD2 factory robot animations, but it doesn't look nearly as bad when you see them combined with horizonal motion.

i'm rather confused....the official update we got from chromatic is woefully  underwhelming when compared to the trailer that NINTENDO released. 
that is backwards. at least throw some cool stuff in the update to minimize the masses annoyance of all this exclusivity mess. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Appreciate the details.

Honestly, not many people here really know. The higher-ups are still working specifics, otherwise we would've definitely given more information. My best guess is 2 weeks minimum, 2 months maximum, but I honestly don't have much more guidance than you.

15 hours ago, Caimen0 said:

There were a few interesting things I saw in the trailer. You can move while casting Mana Bomb, the tower placement UI, and the mana icons from or similar to DD2.

The menu interfaces that we saw looked kinda out of place in a game set in a sort of medieval  kingdom and close to something from a futuristic game with the lack of opacity. I get that its to be minimalistic for the small screen on the switch while undocked, but it still feels out of place. Also the tower range indicator only covers the floor. Unlike DD2 it doesn't show the aerial coverage of the tower, which will probably wind up being rather important for late game Harpoons and Deadly Strikers.

We also got a better look at the Squire's animations in the context of the game, which imo was better than what we saw in the dev update today. When I saw the animations in the update I was very concerned that we were going to get the DD2 factory robot animations, but it doesn't look nearly as bad when you see them combined with horizonal motion.

Keep in mind that we are still 6 months from release, and we needed to create a playable version & trailer for Nintendo. Aside from maps/enemies/heroes, anything depicted in the trailer is subject to change. Game development works in stages, and a lot of what we have been doing so far (on the programming side) is laying the engineering groundwork for the systems that make the game run behind the scenes. The next 6 months will include a lot of polishing and changes, especially in the UI department. Thank you for the feedback though, I will make sure these get back to the respective teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you VERY much. I appreciate the guesstimation. Gives boundaries to my imagination and fears. That is exactly the kind of response and info that would've been fantastic to release before any news on this broke, along with a bunch of console apologies. Appreciate your efforts Kyle.

I understand why it was done, but i am still sad that XB and PS were sacrificed for the whole. It would go a real long way if CG came up with a way to make it up to the other consoles. Like a special pet/weapon/flair for having to wait. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2019 at 8:15 PM, Caimen0 said:

the tower range indicator only covers the floor

It also seemed crazy bright.  Hopefully that gets toned down a bit.  Maybe making it semi-transparent would help.

The maps look really good, though.  Along with the comment about half the maps in the game being new, I'm hyped.

Capture.PNG