Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MrPeterPFL

Ascension Points Onslaught Floor Question

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The idea here is when I reset I want to put 999 Ascension Points onto whatever defence and 20 Ascension Points onto Defence Speed. My question is does anyone know what Floor it is to get that target?

I think it’s 3057 Ascension levels. 

Edited by MrPeterPFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isnt only floor, your highest ever asc also gives minimum ascension. Every time something changes (ie. another floor is cleared or you get another 50 asc) the game runs the entire calculation again then rounds off the remainder.

((Highest Onslaught Floor - 30) x 4.16 + (Highest Asc reached / 50)) x 3

With that Floor 227 and 10k asc as your two highest would give 3059 min asc, or Floor 274 and 250 asc would give 3060 min asc. Just have to remember that if you clear a floor and want to recalculate your min asc by hand, you have to run the full equation each time.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To not make it too  complicated, you get about 12 min ascension for every floor you beat and it’s almost not even worth considering your current ascension level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duane01 said:

To not make it too  complicated, you get about 12 min ascension for every floor you beat and it’s almost not even worth considering your current ascension level.

These kinds of statements are misleading, as much as people want it easy to do its just not how the game works.

The above examples I gave had floor 274 and 250 asc giving 3060 minimum asc. Floor 274 at 12 per floor (minus the first 30 floors leaving 244) is 2928. That would be a min asc difference of 132 (11 more floors to get there). Floor 274 again at 12.48 per floor which is slightly more accurate is 3045, still leaving a difference of 15 which makes it feel like you have to do an extra floor. That's assuming you make it to those floors with nothing to low asc, if you get up there with 1000+ asc it can actually shave off some floors and save you from an extra Drakenfrost Keep and/or Lost Temple. If you are looking for a very specific number I would think that the exact equation is very important.

Then again if you do want an easier way, the Official DD Discord has a bot command that does the equation for you and all you need to do is enter your desired floor and asc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Exglint said:

It isnt only floor, your highest ever asc also gives minimum ascension. Every time something changes (ie. another floor is cleared or you get another 50 asc) the game runs the entire calculation again then rounds off the remainder.

((Highest Onslaught Floor - 30) x 4.16 + (Highest Asc reached / 50)) x 3

With that Floor 227 and 10k asc as your two highest would give 3059 min asc, or Floor 274 and 250 asc would give 3060 min asc. Just have to remember that if you clear a floor and want to recalculate your min asc by hand, you have to run the full equation each time.

Thanks for the equation, if I read it right I’m on Floor 243 so it would be:

(243 - 30) x 4.16 = 886.08

+ (2000/50) x 3 = 2778.24

2778.24 would be my minimum Ascension level 

I’m finding it difficult on my floor so I might have to upgrade my defence to push those extra floors to hit that target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mind didnt like it broken up so I had to do it on my phone but yea you got it right :D. You do have an easier albeit more boring option, playing around with the numbers I found you could go to floor 263, stop there to skip the Lost Temple and get 2500 asc and get 3058 min asc. Otherwise get to 266 then you are good with 3065 min asc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 1:36 PM, Exglint said:

My mind didnt like it broken up so I had to do it on my phone but yea you got it right :D. You do have an easier albeit more boring option, playing around with the numbers I found you could go to floor 263, stop there to skip the Lost Temple and get 2500 asc and get 3058 min asc. Otherwise get to 266 then you are good with 3065 min asc.

Ooooh, that’s a brilliant idea, thanks man 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...