Succ the Fabled

The "gilded" costumes are really disappointing

Posted (edited)

Hello, have not posted in a while, but this is to talk about my disappointment with the "gilded" (actually named Gold Plated) costumes.

When I heard that we would get gilded skins, I was expecting gold trimmed, really fancy, custom made costumes. And what we got instead was just Jade Guardian for all main 4, that's yellow instead of green and has more brightness to it. Along with the same particle effect.

May we please get actually gilded costumes? I honestly though this was a bad joke at first because I did not spend 75$ for a reskin. I cannot imagine how disappointed some other people must be when they saw that the "gilded" (actually named Gold Plated, let me repeat myself) was just a measly reskin. Mostly I can't imagine their face when the most unique and awesome costume they have gotten out of the bunch was the cheapest one, aka the Corrupted Gunwitch which looks amazing by the way.

While we're at it can we in fact stop with the reskins costumes? Probably 50% of the costumes in games right now are basic retexture with nothing. I know you guys at Chromatic have some awesome designers who can do some amazing stuff. Can we stop with the single texture swap and actually get some creative, perfectly unique costumes? I know you guys can do it. The latest costume for the Mystic is pretty dope after all.

And this is my badly organized rant/whatever on why the gold plated costumes are lame. I won't talk about the crystalline ones because I think we can agree they cost way too much for another retexture. Bye!

Edit: Removed what I wrote about the definition of gilded. It still is silly to name the skins gold plated instead of gilded.

Edited by Succ the Fabled
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

I like my gold. 

And it really  does mean coated, not trim. Any images of Gilded is solid gold coat .. not trim. You may be referring to gold trim or lace , but not gilded.

Gilding is any decorative technique for applying a very thin coating of gold to solid surfaces such as metal (most common), wood, porcelain, or stone. A gilded object is also described as "gilt"

Edited by uzar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a reskin, i am even more disappointed that we only got them for the base 4 heroes. Sounds like it would have been really easy to extend that to every DD2 hero, and it would have felt more worth the $. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The kickstarter bonuses aren't something you buy, it's something you get in return for your goodwill in helping fund the project. The skins aren't meant to be worth 75 dollars.

As for whether they're lazy or not... Sure, a bit probably. But you're exaggerating - the skins aren't even the only things you get for the pledge.

Edited by Crombell
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It's not perfect, but it was exactly what I expected. My only problem is that, since its just a gold retexture, that it only covers the 4 base heroes, and offers no clothing customization. I'm still fine with it, though. The crystalline texture is the one I find bland, though I couldn't afford to pledge enough to get it anyway.

Edited by Thorgonator
  • Like 1