MrPeterPFL

How do you deal with Assassins on High Onslaught?

Had the worst experience against Assassins, was doing the Lost Temple Map and about 8 assassins decided to rush me at the same time, they pop me like a balloon loool 

It has come to a point where my health is not enough and I can’t do anything about it. I’m wondering how do you guys deal against Assassins? I generally rely on my FA + LSA defence or my Abysal Lord ability.

• Like 1

I try to sit on my CC weapon mans when they spawn, if they are headstrong though then I will die.

• Like 2

Die horribly.

If they're not headstrong, and the map isn't going poorly, normally I can hang out in range of a WM and be alright, or if I have Protons and Explosive traps or Earthshatters sometimes those will knock them off. But otherwise, die horribly. It's annoying, seems to wipe me once or twice a map in Drakenfrost Keep or occasionally when I'm having to babysit an especially bad lane. That said, my monk has so-so health, once I get him upgraded some more should help a bit, and if it really annoys me I might try making a redunculous health barb for when I don't need the nuke monk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Duane01 said:

I try to sit on my CC weapon mans when they spawn, if they are headstrong though then I will die.

Yeah I do that sometimes, but there are occasions where I’m roaming to other lanes and suddenly the assassins will come out of nowhere xD

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:27 PM, MrPeterPFL said:

Yeah I do that sometimes, but there are occasions where I’m roaming to other lanes and suddenly the assassins will come out of nowhere xD

They have a purple smoke indication before latching on. I always pay attention to those and make sure i stay in CC area shortly after seeing those. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hailminion said:

They have a purple smoke indication before latching on. I always pay attention to those and make sure i stay in CC area shortly after seeing those. 

Also makes a noise. I always hear them before i see any smoke due to all the flashing action on the screen, inlc any flair i wear.

7 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Also makes a noise. I always hear them before i see any smoke due to all the flashing action on the screen, inlc any flair i wear.

That’s what I do, once I hear them coming I throw my stun ability to get them off me or run to my defence. BUT sometimes the audio bugs out or it merges with other nosies, sometimes they attack earlier which catches me off guard. Headstrong assassins I accept death, I just pray to the DD2 gods that my defences will hold xD 

• Like 1

You can also hear whispering sounds before the smoke - this gives you an opportunity to swap heroes before it's too late.

Once the purple smoke appears though, you're stuck.

Posted (edited)

Develop a stunlock combo (Poison and Earth or Water and Shock) and get within range if you are about to be latched onto.  The Gato pet ability, Sparking Dazzle can stun them.

If the enemy is Headstrong, then there are only two options:

• Barbarian with Turtle Stance - prevents you from being grabbed
  • Carry a weapon with Drakenlord's Soul - If they aren't unstoppable (Slowproof), they will be chilled and eventually get frozen by it and fall off.

If you have strong AA defenses within range of your main defenses, they can keep Assassins at bay. Also exploit any affixes they have to your advantage (eg. Spellbreaker, stand in front of cannonballs. Pile On get them poisoned and oiled to stack on damage effects, etc.)

If you are playing as an Abyss Lord, the Healing Fountain can give you regeneration to fight the damage. If you time the Knight of the Abyss at the right time, you can stun them before the grab onto you.

If you are playing as a Mystic, the Serpent Coil can generate healing orbs you can grab while you are being stabbed to fight the damage

Edited by ChrisH36

I’m only on floor 409,  but honestly  I feel most people Re-Roll the map. I usually do unless I get great Lanes, Then I just suck it up and Die over and over,   Granted it’s annoying but it’s worth it for easier lanes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gcstephen13 said:

I’m only on floor 409,  but honestly  I feel most people Re-Roll the map. I usually do unless I get great Lanes, Then I just suck it up and Die over and over,   Granted it’s annoying but it’s worth it for easier lanes.

Says so very much about this mode as a whole...

• Like 2

What about the Obelisk's shielding ability? I just experienced it through someone elses build, and it seems like the Obelisk's invincibility Shield timing is mostly enough against the assassins.

Anyone knows for sure? In Soloplay it should be constant

If any Mob hits you at that level or higher your dead. Most use turtle stance or some form of CC and they reroll HS air lanes as needed.

• Like 2