Sign in to follow this  
Duane01

Petrify without shatters or auras/traps/nodes

I’m a player without tenacity 10/10 so on all lanes with cybork I crowd control with shatters and PDT’s for petrify combo.

Issue is, now I have frostfire remnants weapon and I don’t want to exploit the bug (as far as I know it’s not fixed yet).

So what is a good way to trigger as much petrify as possible without shatter? PDT remains the obvious source of poison. My thoughts are:

Earth servo Ramsters:

Good AoE

Shield pierce

Cheap tower

Poor range

Low damage scaling with upgrades

Earth servo Ballistas:

Better source of damage than Ramster

Range is good

Requires shards to trigger AoE damage

Same cost as shatter

Your thoughts? I’m not sure if Sploody Harpon will trigger as earth damage? That would solve much of the AoE challenge.

Posted (edited)

Both Ramster or WM are very good choices imo. Both can out-range cyborks extremely easily with range and wouldn't need tenacity.

On Sploody Harpoon, Ballista won't give a good AOE, it just pierces one line. When u attune with a MOD, u attunes the relic and the relic ONLY (and defense that is effected by relic if it's attunable), u CANNOT attune a shard or a MOD.

(like if I have water on my weapon, it just means my attacks gona be water; it does NOT attune my "burning strike" to "drenching strike" ; or if I have ice chip on my weapon, it does NOT result an icey turn-the-tides damage) Attunement only happens to the thing it's on directly. 

Edited by hailminion
  • Like 1

I use frostfire and pdt and Es all the time in my Ap grinding. I have not noticed procing very much if at all. I have seen Frostfire proc off a pdt on a flier lane the other day tho

Posted (edited)

I use WM for both the earth and the poison. 2 builds with the poison one staggered slightly after the earth one. You cover the most ground this way with AOE coverage, and can petrify 10 units at a time. No shattering.

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, uzar said:

I use frostfire and pdt and Es all the time in my Ap grinding. I have not noticed procing very much if at all. I have seen Frostfire proc off a pdt on a flier lane the other day tho

I ain’t convinced. Was doing weekly incursion yesterday with hero afking. Frostfire was popping off 5 times a wave per lane on 200 mob waves, so probably enough so I would call it significant.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:10 AM, hailminion said:

like if I have water on my weapon, it just means my attacks gona be water; it does NOT attune my "burning strike" to "drenching strike" ; or if I have ice chip on my weapon, it does NOT result an icey turn-the-tides damage. Attunement only happens to the thing it's on directly. 

This isnt entirely true, and is the exact reason why Frostfire Remnants and Grave Infection works the way it does currently. It is hard to test but if you had a Water Chip on your weapon then anything that is considered hero damage will drench enemies. For an example look at Water Chip and Frostfire, without the Water Chip Frost fire explodes and does damage in the area but will never freeze, with the Water Chip the Frostfire DoT will freeze enemies because the mod damage is considered hero damage. Same reason why it can chain proc off Grave Infection, they are both hero damage and see each other as the hero doing the damage and getting the kills.

The reason Splody Harpoon wont proc elemental attunements is the same reason Reflect Beam and Explosive Trap cant be attuned, they are explosions. Turn the Tides is also most likely considered and explosion.

I could have sworn the last time I used Earth shatters that were procing my Frostfire they stoped doing that after I upgraded them. Ill have to test it out again but it was a hmmmmm moment when I noticed I wasnt seeing anymore frostfires going off. I could be wrong tho.