Sign in to follow this  
oliwaltony

Thanks Chromatic

Posted (edited)

I've been a member of this forum since 2012, and got dd1 on ps3 on its launch day. I've grown up with this franchise. I'm 23 years old now, I was about 16 when I started playing and damn was it a good game. Time went on, I played about 3000 hours on ps3, servers went down, I had switched to pc a little bit before that, played another 1000 hours on pc, but it wasnt completly the same game. It was better in alot of points, but I was missing the couch coop part of it. Then they released DD2 on ps4, I got it when it first launched, played a while, until the updates became not worth the grind anymore IMO. So I stopped, after about 2000 hours on ps4. So with a total of 6000+ hours on that franchise, I can say I played alot. Being older now, I play less videogames than before, and my priority changes. I'm expecting my first kid in a couple months from now, in november, and I know for a fact that in a couple of years from now, if the game is well done, I'll be playing DDA with my childrens, enjoying every bit of that nice feeling I had back then playing couch coop DD1. Thanks for making this possible Chromatic. Thanks for everything you're doing. Thanks for making it cross platform. Thanks.

Edited by oliwaltony
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Sad to lose another long time player, but totally understandable. Hope to see you in DDA and congrats on the kiddo!

Edited by Jaws_420

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, super_slayan said:

cross platforms saves

not cross platform multiplayer 

yeah my english isn't perfect but that's actually what I was thanking them for. I choosed a key for both ps4 version and the switch version, so when I'm home I'll play on ps4 and when I'm on the go I'll play on the switch, and I've been looking for that on a game for so freacking long. So yeah, I'm happy about that.

Edited by oliwaltony
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, super_slayan said:

cross platforms saves

not cross platform multiplayer 

Just in case you are not aware they do hope to be able to bring in cross-platform multiplayer it all depends on the likes of Sony on whether they allow such a thing. Their wish is to be truly cross-platform, but as most of us know Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have to sign of on it. While they cannot guarantee cross platform play they can offer the next best thing with cross platform saves which wont require the same amount of permissions from Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft. Since Sony has a bad reputation for allowing cross-play it might never happen. I dont see CG being happy with cross-play if not available between all 4 platforms.It will also need more development to make sure each platform can talk to each other and there is no distinct advantage to being on one platform over another. In other words even if Sony and co say yes it wont be available for some time. Also with the possible releases of next gen consoles coming next year CG might want to spend time developing the game to work on those first. 

TDLR Chromatic wants to bring in cross-play, but if it does come it wont be for months after release.

• Like 2