Sign in to follow this  
holysheetman

interested in creating a new site similar to dd2tools supporting DDA and beyond

Since dd2tools is basically gone, per the owner, and the content cannot be transferred due to GDPR, lack of playing, real life, etc...so I have been tossing the idea around of wanting to get started creating and then hosting a new site that aims to help the Dungeon Defenders playbase going forward. (Primarily looking at Dungeon Defenders: Awakened and beyond). 

I'm at active player on DD2 on the PC (east coast servers) and was originally an old school player dating back the original DD1 beta. Took breaks here and there due to real life but now myself and my live-in girlfriend play side-by-side.

I emailed the owner asking things like lessons learned from 'what worked vs. what didn't work' sort of thing, but haven't heard back, and that's fine. I will give this site a new look (obviously) with more functionality as far as queries go especially if DDA goes back to the old 'special weapons' drops instead of using shards and mods.

We aren't really sure on the solid details of DDA but leave all your ideas on what you'd 'think' you'd want here in this post: 

Here's what I got so far: 

1> Hero / Tower theorycrafting?

2> Proper Map defenses and layouts?

3> Various item lookups/queries functionality?

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT =D

• Like 2

The community will thank you. I can see how huge and helpful an impact it will be, should this site be created successfully. 

I personally don't look for more than what DD2 TOOLS did, a sharing platform/social media, for defenses/heroes builds. 

(I can almost be 99% sure, CG will have the intention to create a wiki team, and cover most trivial things in game (such as item functionality, gear drops, maps layout etc), like they doing now with ancient power, shards etc. in dd2)

• Like 2