Sam116

Item recovery for Sky City / KG

Item Recovery for Sky City / KG  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Item Recovery for Sky City / KG

Posted (edited)

So the whole idea about this one is to make it less painful/punishing to farm items on survival maps where there is a chance that the dropped items fall into the void.

This change would not make the maps better for armor farming then moonbase, just more viable. 

As a person who has seen a ult++ armor falling into the void on a sky city run (this was before LT/DST was a thing) i would really appreciate this change.

Answering the poll is not enough if you want/dont want a change. Please also write your opinion below!

Edited by Sam116
Added poll and bottom text
  • Like 1

A nice QoL change. Doesn't make much of a difference for most but would be a nice addition for anybody that wishes to farm those maps. It isn't going to make the maps Moonbase or Lab Assault any time soon so why not? Seems to not be hard to implement either. A very welcome change.

Having items fall off the map and completely losing it makes farming these maps unappealing, Add this onto the maps please

Agreed that's single handedly one of the biggest reasons i hate farming survivals to actually get survival drops. Seeing a ++ drop then vanish is a devastating blow considering the rarity of it in the first place. So finally getting a drop after potentially spending 10's of hours farming survivals and having that happen is a massive motivation killer. And it's something that only effects mob drops on maps which already have severely worst quality than end of map rewards.

This change would make maps other than Moonbase closer to viable for armor farming, which seems like a good thing.  Moonbase would still be pretty far ahead, so it probably wouldn't shift the meta, but it would be nice for people who choose to farm other maps anyway.

• Like 1

I think that this change would add more viable armor farms alternatives other than moonbase and lab, good change overall.

I do think choice of build makes sense in the design of the map. Any chance of alternatives to armor farm over the cursed lab or moonbase would be nice to see however. Good.

That would be amazing because I have wanted to farm Sky City for armour or the monk wep for a while but it hasnt been very efficient because no LT/DST or stuff would fall off of the map. Only question is if items do fall off the map would they just teleport to the nearest corner or would they teleport to a fixed spot on the map. 

Great idea yes from me. 

22 hours ago, XxFazeOpTicKid_2003xX said:

Only question is if items do fall off the map would they just teleport to the nearest corner or would they teleport to a fixed spot on the map. 

I honestly don't care has already made the changed needed for this to work, so it is basically already ready to be put into the game.

It works in the way that every item that falls of the map spawns up at the forge (at the moment it spawns in the same spot, but IHDC said he could spread them out a bit)

You can try this on a workshop map he made here: 

• Like 1

We've had this for a long time for other maps already FYI, so it doesn't really require much of any work to add it to other maps.  Last time it was brought people there were people against it, so it didn't end up happening.  So far no one seems to be against it this time, though.

• Like 1

I think it is a nice change. It makes farming other maps (slightly) more attractive.

im all for it, itll make people play the other maps lol. sky city is a great map but ive only ever heard of people farming it a bunch for cats. if this goes through, there would be more of a reason to play sky city. if this is added to every map, not just sky city / kings game, itd make more maps viable armor farming maps and this would give more people a reason to play the older maps.

Edited by Bonnabelle
  • Like 1