Dabrielph

Colour/Customisation

I recently played the first game for the first time. It's amazing!  I'm usually strictly a console gamer (PlayStation) but, as I'd pre-ordered "Awakened", I received the code for the additional content and didn't want it to go to waste. :classic_happy: it helped that Steam had the game on sale!

Anyway, I LOVE customisation! One of the aspects of the original that I was pleasantly surprised by was the ability to edit the colour schemes of heroes and crystals. Yes, the costumes are awesome, and swapping parts—in the second game—of (mostly) the default is cool. But I would love to see the colour customisation brought back! However... if a developer is reading this, PLEASE include a value indicator (such as RGB or HSV) in arbitrary count or percentage. Otherwise, replicating a look (to match parts or heroes to crystals) or creating 'team' colours becomes impossible. Games like "Terraria" have had HUGE missed opportunities by incorporating a free form method of colour selection, and it's maddening when trying to build upon a theme and create a more personal experience. I don't know how many other people care about this, and my opinion is somewhat informed by my OCD, but I am hoping I'm not just an exception.

• Like 6

I have to agree I totally miss the colour customisation in DD2. I'd like it further developed to weapons, accessories etc. Changing the crystal look and colour I also miss, just being able to tailor almost everything to your tastes was great. Please, please CG bring this into DDA!!

• Like 3

Agreed.

I need to be yellow. I no longer have a choice in the matter.

In all seriousness though, I loved the fact you could colour your heros. Customisation has always been something I loved in games. To bring colouring back would be awesome.

After all.... you are keeping it in the same vein as the first... soo.. :classic_wink:

One thing I've hoped for is bringing back DDE's color customization system. (Probably the best feature of the whole game) It let you color every different part of every pet, armor, and weapon. Unfortunately it was locked to ~15 or so colors instead of the complete RGB tuning of DD1, but it was a fantastic system to have.

• Like 2

This would be awesome to see again and like a few others I really liked the ability to change the crystal style.