Thaleskpl

Opinion on the new coastal bazaar survival

Posted (edited)

unknown.png

In my honest opinion, lagging the game with more enemies so you get more rewards to make Coastal Bazaar "Moonbase 2.0"  is not the right way to go. It just makes people that don't have a top end desktop have a hard time playing the map. On moonbase people already get 30 minutes difference between game time and real time due to the lag. You could just make the scaling on enemies harder and the scaling on drops better instead to make a new armor farming map, so you end up getting the same relative difficulty and number of ult per hour.

My main point on saying this is that while on moonbase you have to defend only one crystal, this map will have 3 crystals to defend with an a big number of enemies, so the difficulty will be way higher and no one will move to it instead of the old armor map. It just looks like a mentality of "this worked before, so let's do it again and ignore the obvious problems with it". Making the map difficult and rewarding is better than laggy, harder than the old map and just as spammy with bad quality armor

Also, yes this is a rant against artificial difficulty with spam of mobs, it's just a lazy way to do it.

This will probably end up being ignored the same way emerald city rewards scaling. The only weapon with movement bonus for apprentice doesn't even get near the clava which you can farm on a way easier map

Edit: Forgot to say that while testing people who usually have 10 fps on moonbase get to 2 during the waves on this map. This also exposes the fact that if you go under 7 fps, your lightning auras do way less damage, since the damage is frame based. You'll need ultra high stats to do the map, as well as a really good computer. I legitimately don't want to have to go through 4 hour moonbase runs again

Edited by Thaleskpl
  • Like 4

the campaign on this map is easier than all of arcane library survival.

the survival on this map is literally unplayable. no matter what i set up, even with my stats (high 7k to low 8k) im unable to beat this map on survival even with one character in while dpsing. i hit 1 frame and my defenses die before i can react to it. the map is nice, the spawns are easy, but there are so many mobs that im unable to play it. i agree with pretty much everything thales wrote and many more people agree.

• Like 1