Debs

Endgame Idea!

Talk of an endgame mode has been around for a bit. I really want to see everyone's idea on what it will be - Boss, Game mode etc something along those lines. My dream for it would be

- A big bad boss that's got enough health worthy to be a raid boss on WoW, Puts random debuffs on players throughout the whole battle (less dmg, slower movement, lowered jump height, Ability powers do nothing, take more damage). As the boss' hp gets lower these effects will get worse for players. These could either be random or be put on you in a timed interval (every 2 mins they change) so we could plan ahead with heroes to try to counter them.

- At least 1 lane (or 1 lane per player up to like 3) that cant be effected by towers making you have to work together as players and keep them in check. Maybe only let walls have effect on this lane(s) to help stall / make people want to build decent walls.

-No lane preview, we going in completely blind to what mobs are coming from where. Learn as the wave goes and adapt to your best ability.

-Hero lives, each player can only die a certain amount of times before they have to spectate and will come back on the next build phase - more incentive to try not dying.

- 4 different Bosses with 4 different types of maps and drops all with their own effects/special mobs/mutators

I am definitely not expecting all of these. although that would be awesome!, but id love to see any of these on there to make it more interesting. My second idea for this was a Second type of game mode called Challenge mode, and you would get tokens from these and you would either need these to play the endgame mode straight up or you could save up and use multiple to up the challenge on the endgame mode ( 1-# token for 1 play) or ( First token - 5 wave match. Every token used after that would add 1 more wave for that game giving you more rewards).

The way this Challenge mode would work would be

- You come into a game with absolutely nothing of your own other then shards ( your gear will come back when you go to tavern/town).

- Your given 1 set of armor and a weapon for whatever hero is in your first slot, a single totem, and a single medallion at a low c1 level ( They will have the same mods and armor/hp scaling every time)

- The waves will be like old Onslaught where it can go on either forever or at least a long time (like 30-50 waves) You can stop whenever and get your rewards/tokens for whatever floor you stopped at.

- You have to pick up and use whatever gear has been dropped and adapt

- Waves get progressively harder and so does loot/Mods, but loot drops will always be dropping almost a complete Chaos level below the enemies ( C5 gear dropping when mobs are at a C6 level)

Let me know what you think and put more ideas down, id love to hear what everyone wants to see come up next!

• Like 2

I love all the idea except gear part. 

Only concern I have would be how players react to that. Not that it's not challenging, it's when an end game mode doesn't allow players to bring in what we have accumulated from previous games, in a progression game. That's almost implying "u know all those mods all ur gears all your builds u earned?, they don't matter in end game. so just jump in as a beginner right after u get few essential shards"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, hailminion said:

I love all the idea except gear part. 

Only concern I have would be how players react to that. Not that it's not challenging, it's when an end game mode doesn't allow players to bring in what we have accumulated from previous games, in a progression game. That's almost implying "u know all those mods all ur gears all your builds u earned?, they don't matter in end game. so just jump in as a beginner right after u get few essential shards"

I have to agree with this too, the endgame was supposed to for those who amassed all their power and to use it.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1