Jump to content
Jabberwock

so about tenacity chips

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

hello friends, so you know how tenacity chips are almost universally seen as being F tier mods used only by people who happened upon a piece of armor with good stats that had it, you know that? well, they are somewhat useful actually. Well I upgraded 4 level 10 tenacities to chaos 8 to see if they acted the same as a level 10 tenacity servo and they do.
if you get 4 level 10 tenacity chips into chaos 8 then you become completely immune to the following
slows: such as frost enemy attacks and enemies from lanes with abominable, and ogre goop ball
stuns: like the yetis Iceball and drakenlord's aura
assassins: they can still latch onto you but you can use abilities and such

now one may question the viability of this compared to higher damage, or bring up the high cost to set something like this up (8m gold, 4 C8 amps and 4 10/10 tenacity chips) and say "well that isn't particularly viable" and "why would you upgrade those 4 tenacities when you could use those amps for literally anything else?" and my answer to that is science.

Edited by Jabberwock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow, didn't know abt the draken aura and assassin part. That's very good to know! thx for testing for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For people on very high floors onslaught, assassins become one of the main problems, since you have to do so much intervention with your char on each lanes and assassins disable you and just do so much damage that you die in a couple hits. This is really cool to know thank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Debs said:

For people on very high floors onslaught, assassins become one of the main problems, since you have to do so much intervention with your char on each lanes and assassins disable you and just do so much damage that you die in a couple hits. This is really cool to know thank!

"assassins: they can still latch onto you"

The Tenacity Chips allow multiple Assassins on you at the same time, so at high floors you are dead even faster since you also cannot run away from them either, unlike having one on you and the other couple Assassins chasing you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Exglint said:

"assassins: they can still latch onto you"

The Tenacity Chips allow multiple Assassins on you at the same time, so at high floors you are dead even faster since you also cannot run away from them either, unlike having one on you and the other couple Assassins chasing you.

this is correct 
and by the sound of this it seems like you tried what I tried

Edited by Jabberwock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, i didn't think of it like that. i was thinking more towards characters with nice CC abilities or something to at least help like gunwitch or abyss lord but i guess youd be dead before you could even think to try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I didnt try it myself but another player made a video with it and I did get a nice laugh watching the synchronized assassining as they went in and let go of him :P

Edited by Exglint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Exglint said:

I didnt try it myself but another player made a video with it and I did get a nice laugh watching the synchronized assassining as they went in and let go of him :P

could I have a link to this video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...