Sign in to follow this  
MrPeterPFL

How Effective is Vicious Strikes on the Reflect Beam?

Posted (edited)

Is Vicious Strikes good on the Reflect Beam? 

Using Vicious Strikes on the Reflect Beam will cap the defence range (800) but is the range important on the Reflect Beam? 

Edited by MrPeterPFL

The range on the Reflect Beam is the distance that its bomb that travels from node to node can attack the enemy, anytime it explodes it deals damage. Some people have fit it to deal damage and they want that range as large as possible. This defense is one known to have damage falloff over distance though. At max range (800) it deals about 35% of its total damage and at mid range (400) it deals 83% of its total damage. It is on a bell curve for damage loss but it is still something to take note of.

• Like 3

i use  reflect beam for high roller lane very effective more range the better 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, playertt said:

i use  reflect beam for high roller lane very effective more range the better 

I’m in a pickle right now, I currently have Vicious on my FA but I don’t want to downsize 

Depending on your purpose, if u looking to main RB, refer to Exglint's post. 

But it sounds like u main FA, if that's the case, u don't need to do anything for RB. It's generally best interest to main only one DPS, rest as assistant, due to limited resource.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hailminion said:

Depending on your purpose, if u looking to main RB, refer to Exglint's post. 

But it sounds like u main FA, if that's the case, u don't need to do anything for RB. It's generally best interest to main only one DPS, rest as assistant, due to limited resource.  

Ahhh ok, I was afraid to de-size my FA, thanks for the info. For a really long time I didn’t even know the RB can dish out damage until this guy showed me. I have almost nothing on it, the only shards I have on it is Automation xD 

Posted (edited)

To answer your question. Vicious is extremely effective on Reflect Beams because of how range scalars work. Vicious is the only way you can get to the maximum explosion range on a reflect beam while only using one shard or mod. In addition, Vicious is actually worse on a flame aura then a regular ungilded Deadly Strikes. Once again, based off of the range scalar. So you are better off using Deadly Strikes on a Flame Aura, even in an ungilded state. If you want to use your reflect beam as a source of damage, you should certainly go with Vicious. The range of the explosion is indeed important.

Edited by Juicebags
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Juicebags said:

To answer your question. Vicious is extremely effective on Reflect Beams because of how range scalars work. Vicious is the only way you can get to the maximum explosion range on a reflect beam while only using one shard or mod. In addition, Vicious is actually worse on a flame aura then a regular ungilded Deadly Strikes. Once again, based off of the range scalar. So you are better off using Deadly Strikes on a Flame Aura, even in an ungilded state. If you want to use your reflect beam as a source of damage, you should certainly go with Vicious. The range of the explosion is indeed important.

Thanks juice, I’ll give it a go 👍

On 7/4/2019 at 10:46 PM, Juicebags said:

Great info! Having said that, since you only have 1 VS shard - is the RB where you would put yours then? 

On 7/9/2019 at 4:32 PM, Jaws_420 said:

Great info! Having said that, since you only have 1 VS shard - is the RB where you would put yours then? 

It's where mine is currently parked :P

• Thanks 1