gigazelle

Drakenfrost keep needs to lose the dragon.

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 3:01 AM, gigazelle said:

-snip-

I might have to strongly disagree with this in some aspects. Throwing incursions into Onslaught would actually ruin the gamemode's identity and theme far more than Drakenfrost Keep ever would. Onslaught at core is a Progression and enemy mash-up styled with twists/mutators gamemode. Incursions is a whole 'nother playstyle from Onslaught's playstyle. Suggesting the mutators be disabled in Incursion maps, again, will have Onslaught lose it's playstyle and challenge identity which will turn that gamemode into a single focused random mixed mode with no themed identity even if it's every fixed floors.  And that is something I personally don't want. 

I'd would definitely rather Drakenlorded Drakenfrost Keep moved to Incursion and also that mode to be reworked and brought up to be a relevant gamemode once again instead of putting everything into Onslaught. Personally I think gamemode variety is way better option rather than a One-Size-Fits-All-mode.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:23 AM, uzar said:

People actually play incursions?. Petrify combo no need for BS shard. 

I'm not sure when you've actually joined that game but just in-case you didn't know, back in 2016 until Feb 2017, incursion was actually a relevant gamemode during the Pre-Chaos era when the difficulty was just tiers of Nightmares (no chaos enemies). People would farm and grind that mode for loot.

On 7/11/2019 at 5:31 AM, Exglint said:

-snip-

That does sound bad, but like I mentioned, maybe we could have an Onslaught-balanced version of it? Like lowers the percentage and the range of the curse, speed increase, betsy damage? Maybe don't make her fly off the hit the core?

On the other hand, the more I think of it, if having tenacity/torches makes the freezing aspect of DK much more "easier" than Lost Temple....shouldn't Betsy be more fitting to be X9? As I don't see stuffs that insta-counters The Lost Temple new lane each wave novelty. Still, I would like her to be a rebalanced so that she still wouldn't be a pain as DK to me. Just saying.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Let me rephrase , no one plays incursions anymore they should be removed as any updates just wont be enough for anyone to bother with anymore.

If your still having issues with assassins.. I am not sure what to say its just not that complicated.

We are clearly playing very different games. 

X Fingers for Endgame.

• Haha 1

An added dilemma, adding elemental damage, fire damage, to either weapons or relics does not indeuce an elemental ruleset in all circumstances. Any fire tower should defrost the Drakenlord's shield as well. Fissure of Embermount, harpies/sand viper's fire mods, etc. Very broken "balance"-mechanisms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArchaicLotus said:

An added dilemma, adding elemental damage, fire damage, to either weapons or relics does not indeuce an elemental ruleset in all circumstances. Any fire tower should defrost the Drakenlord's shield as well. Fissure of Embermount, harpies/sand viper's fire mods, etc. Very broken "balance"-mechanisms.

Uh they do, the ignite combo requires oil. A mechanism within the game for elemental combos.

Posted (edited)

My Fissures and Harpies induce a lingering burning affect, same as burning strikes, yet are unable to drop Drakenfrost Lord's shields.

Edited by ArchaicLotus

The Drakenlord himself, other than being a bit buggy at times, is super easy to deal with. Throw Burning Strikes on your weapon and shoot him from range... He's a non-issue unless he bugs out and refuses to catch fire.

The dragon can be friggin' annoying though. In C7, it's "just" a matter of getting a relic with 10/10 Tenacity and a C8 amp, throwing that on your favorite trash clearing defense, and then watching the boss lane. In Onslaught however, it just adds to the time sink because you'll run into that situation where you're running across the map to light a torch, get jumped by an assassin, and get to watch as a mob ambles over and smashes the objective with one hit. It's not that you won't get past it, it's just not fun, and adds even more time to an already long map. I'd be fine with the map if it wasn't in the Onslaught rotation. With 4 people, even with no Tenacity it's not bad, but you're almost never going to be pushing high Onslaught in a group.

• Like 6

"but you're almost never going to be pushing  high Onslaught in a group"

Pushing high onslaught with no tenacity gear? what is high onslaught? Proper gear for "high Onslaught" the map is a non issue. 

58 minutes ago, uzar said:

what is high onslaught?

This is always my most asked question because there is no definitive answer.

Chromatic: 30-80      Before AP: 100-270      After AP: 500+      No Life: 900+

Which high Onslaught are we talking here?

• Like 1

I dont mind it if we get a few more fine tunes to it. Like if in the hud it shows what torches have been frozen.

Less torches, I feel its abit of a cluster of torches I find.

Maybe not so random dragon moments. Like set phases.

• Like 1

I've gotta say I use a Barb in onslaught and it's taking me up to 18+ strikes to light a torch (gilded burning strikes). switching to a monk can be significantly faster but so is my mortality rate. This is too long with frozen defenses, fast bosses, slow immune lady orcs, and assassins that stop me from re-igniting the torches. I tend to replay until the rng says i can survive the round, it doesnt matter if my defenses can kill them in a second if they are frozen...

I would say to keep the mechanics (god know why it is there in the first place) use 3 torch phases where Fire neutralizes the Frost to make an unlit torch, then frost on the unlit torch makes the frosted ground. Rather than Unlit = Fire << Frost, the current frost or no frost system. 

The most logical solution would be to put the map where it belongs into incursion, but logic and reality rarely cross paths.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Big Bad Baz said:

logic and reality rarely cross paths.

So well said...

• Like 1