Sign in to follow this  
Telamp

HELP/CHANGE

Posted (edited)

I just fell victim to the rolling past a 10 mod thanks to  a VERY laggy marketplace instance I was in. It sucks, because this was my defense rate reroll that I needed to completely 10/10 my flame aura mods :(

Literally, I hit Xbox Record That to go back and see if it was what I thought it was, and it was...

I beg of you, please change this. This is beyond ridiculous.

image.png.a938048139f95ef7865e4c44610cead2.png

Edited by Telamp

Posted (edited)

Farmed up another 36 reroll tokens and used 30 to no avail :\ Ah well, going to bed and hoping to wake up to some magic

Edited by Telamp

Posted (edited)

Ouch.. That's pretty unfortunate. 

This could serve as an example for Chromatic to look at making a change so that maybe any rolls that are higher, would automatically apply rather than the player be prompted every time. After all, why would anyone want to keep a worse roll? 

Also, bear in mind that there is a magic reroll protection number which means you're garunteed a 10 every 286 rerolls. Ooh the grind.. :/ 

Edited by All Your Yeahs
  • Like 1

They seriously need to change the re-roll mechanic, who wants to re-roll down? Everyone wants that 10/10 so why can’t they automatically apply a higher mod for us or atleast allow us to upgrade mods manually. 

Just give us an option at Professor Protean shop, 10/10 upgrading tool; put in "858 motes + 286 tokens"; spend 3.15m; turn any MOD into a 10/10 MOD. 

That will satisfy players, and most importantly, as well as devs extremely limited time. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hailminion said:

Just give us an option at Professor Protean shop, 10/10 upgrading tool; put in "858 motes + 286 tokens"; spend 3.15m; turn any MOD into a 10/10 MOD. 

That will satisfy players, and most importantly, as well as devs extremely limited time. 

Great idea! 

I think a reroll counter would be very useful too to keep track of how many tokens are used as not everyone (me at least!) is good at saving up all 286 of them before going to work.. XD

What he meant was an option when you have all 286 tokens and 858 motes in your inventory to roll straight to 10, not a counter to keep track of how many you have done. So you would still need to grind all of them first before doing it.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Exglint said:

What he meant was an option when you have all 286 tokens and 858 motes in your inventory to roll straight to 10, not a counter to keep track of how many you have done. So you would still need to grind all of them first before doing it.

What I meant was that I think a reroll counter would simply complement the existing reroll system and would be useful too for the people that wouldn't want to blow all 286 tokens and 858 motes straight to a 10 - which I thought was a great idea that hailminion suggested as a possible additional feature. 

Edited by All Your Yeahs

Tbh all these easy ways to get 10 mods has ruined what would have been a good idea. If anything I think they should take a lot of this away. 10 mods are in such abundance right now anywhere you look someone has a full rack of 10 mods on their relics or just sitting around in bags/vaults. The original idea for these was a super rare drop like Ultimate/Ultimate++ armor in DD1 and over time people complained about never seeing 10 mods and Chromatic (Trendy at the time) kept adding ways that anyone with 1 hour per day playtime could get a 10 mod within a week.

The funny part about this is with all the ez mode changes they make to DD2 everyone is looking forward to DDA which will go back to the roots with DD1 and its drop rates which is what mods were modeled after at the beginning. So I cant wait to see how much easier they make DDA after all the tears are spilled when the masses cant get the super rare drops that dedicated players are getting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This guy is so hardcore. Teach me senpai.

EDIT: In before - back in mah day, we had to walk uphill backwards! Git off mah lawn you yungins/whippersnappers/ingrates!

Edited by malf
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, hailminion said:

Brilliant idea this will definitely solve 90% of the lag issues 

45 minutes ago, Neoneo said:

Brilliant idea this will definitely solve 90% of the lag issues 

dafuq does lag have to do with it? Albeit, maybe you're referring to the interface lag when doing consecutive actions with dialog-boxes / pop-ups (which is ffin horrendous).

:shrug:

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 4:06 AM, Exglint said:

Tbh all these easy ways to get 10 mods has ruined what would have been a good idea. If anything I think they should take a lot of this away. 10 mods are in such abundance right now anywhere you look someone has a full rack of 10 mods on their relics or just sitting around in bags/vaults. The original idea for these was a super rare drop like Ultimate/Ultimate++ armor in DD1 and over time people complained about never seeing 10 mods and Chromatic (Trendy at the time) kept adding ways that anyone with 1 hour per day playtime could get a 10 mod within a week.

The funny part about this is with all the ez mode changes they make to DD2 everyone is looking forward to DDA which will go back to the roots with DD1 and its drop rates which is what mods were modeled after at the beginning. So I cant wait to see how much easier they make DDA after all the tears are spilled when the masses cant get the super rare drops that dedicated players are getting.

I mostly agree,  although the  coveted  MODs are still hard to get IMO.

But yeah, I liked it when it was a little harder to get that perfect 10 it felt like a cool moment.

Edited by gcstephen13

43 minutes ago, gcstephen13 said:

I agree completely, although the  coveted  MODs are still hard to get IMO.

But yeah, I liked it when it was a little harder to get that perfect 10 it felt like a cool moment.

46 minutes ago, malf said:

dafuq does lag have to do with it? Albeit, maybe you're referring to the interface lag when doing consecutive actions with dialog-boxes / pop-ups (which is ffin horrendous).

:shrug:

I don’t know what you been smoking but think of what he wrote don’t smoke while you’re thinking so that it won’t “ cloud “ your thought, keep thinking about it until you understand it. Using your head once in a while is good for you and it helps your brain to function well. If you disagree of what he wrote then that’s just mean you have not been there ok good luck thinking 

44 minutes ago, gcstephen13 said:

I agree completely, although the  coveted  MODs are still hard to get IMO.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:06 AM, Exglint said:

Tbh all these easy ways to get 10 mods ...... snip when the masses cant get the super rare drops that dedicated players are getting.

I wouldn't mind things being harder to get, I just want to be able to get it with effort. The 10/10s changes were good move and intention imo, but I do agree they might've taken it a bit too far. 

They just need to find a good balance. 'cuz without the reroll system, I wouldn't have had even one single 10/10 tenacity or anti-melee with 1.5k+ hrs, which lucky few have gotten even b4 getting to c7.

I'm fine as long as, the dedicated are actually getting, instead of only the lucky getting regardless of the dedicated part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neoneo said:

the post is so incoherent that even the quote tool doesn't know how/what to quote. Apologies for being unable to parse your message; and once more if I misconstrued your latest post (albeit hard to do so as I'm not sure what to construe it as to begin with).

I'll grant you that the OP referred to a "laggy marketplace" instance, but fail to see how the protean solution could alleviate that in any way - perhaps you meant it as a cheeky response and not with any ernesty. T'was perhaps lost on me. I'm still unsure if the instance lag or the UI lag contributed more to the mistake/misclick - as I've fallen afoul of that myself on many an occasion.

No need for apologies fellow defender, just lay off to what ever your smoking those things misses with your head.