Sign in to follow this  
hajum023

Swapping interface: Hero deck vs. just browse all

Similar thoughts was recently discussed, but I decided to make a new topic as there were many different takes and discussions, and I wanted to share my take on only some of it and in a somewhat elaborate manner.

I think the hero deck system is a good qol concept, but it encourages players to play with fewer heroes bc the interface makes it more troublesome to swap between other heroes as you first have to swap them into your deck and then swap out to them.

Assuming we have quick access to the forge/inventory I would really like to see a swapping interface a bit similar to the "browse all" or whatever in dd2 and just have that be the default swapping interface and not the hero deck. (this also means playing one hero through the combat phase)

- Before further specifying the "browse all" feature I have in mind, I would like to stress that the size of each hero card should be smaller (like in dd2) to be able to fit more of them on each page.

Now, I would love to see a better sorting system of the hero cards; much like the different pages in the dd2 bag system, lets have separate pages for each hero so that we are quickly able to filter out all the heroes we are not looking for. This would basically remove every need to manually reorganize our decks and it would be easier to implement more heroes into your build (assuming one has the gear for it) and, more specifically, make it easier to play with multiple iterations of each hero (i.e. one squire for walls, one for ballistas etc. ) as they would be easy to find.

Additionally, I would love separating the swapping interface from the inventory interface; Have it so that holding down one button would brings up a window in the middle of the screen that lets you swap heroes while also being able to move your current character (so that it works very similar to hot swap, but with all heroes). Furthermore, ofc have this be available while in inventory so that you can swap heroes there as well.

Note: If we had a small, limited number of hero cards and not a whole ton, I would love to have this same system, except for all the sorting options as they would be kind of unnecessary. 

I'm all about pressing the least amount of buttons to swap heroes while having this system also feel fluent and intuitive, and be easily adjustable to changes, so please let me know if you can think of any other/better ways to optimize this. (the more detailed description the better)

• Like 1

Id love to have DPS and Builder quick selects that we can swap between. Just being able to reorg hero order would be a godsend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Id love to have DPS and Builder quick selects that we can swap between. Just being able to reorg hero order would be a godsend.

I'd like to do both with one hero and not need a seperate hero for doing DPS. One of the problems that DD2  more or less solveld by having seperate equipment for towers and the hero. Although, this game is meant as an evolution of DD1 so it's unclear how dramatically they will change this aspect from the original.

• Like 1