Posted (edited)

i don’t think it would be smart to use the kickstarter money to develop the game for a new platform.  especially since it wouldn’t be smart to make a game where they don’t know how many customers are on there yet.

Edited by super_slayan
added more

12 hours ago, super_slayan said:

i don’t think it would be smart to use the kickstarter money to develop the game for a new platform.  especially since it wouldn’t be smart to make a game where they don’t know how many customers are on there yet.

Well Stadia wouldn't require any new development, basically if they are making the game already for PS4,Xbox or PC they can simply put it on Stadia and anyone can play it. Stadia is just a streaming service for games. Not a new platform.

11 hours ago, vosh said:

Whats a stadia?

Googles new game streaming service. I suggest looking it up.

3 hours ago, usamattman said:

Well Stadia wouldn't require any new development, basically if they are making the game already for PS4,Xbox or PC they can simply put it on Stadia and anyone can play it. Stadia is just a streaming service for games. Not a new platform.

i read somewhere that the games still need to be made specifically for Stadia

On 6/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, usamattman said:

Stadia is its own platform is many ways. We can't simply upload an XBox/Playstation/Steam copy of the game to Stadia. While Google claims to have made porting easy, it still requires work and would require separate testing/debugging for any additional versions. For an indie company, each additional platform we support adds additional work/time/overhead. While we do not currently have plans to support Stadia, if the platform grows substantially, it may be something we offer in the (distant) future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4