Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

Resetting for Ancient Power and upgrading gear question.

So I thought I would just need gold/medals and each Chaos tier Token to upgrade each piece of gear. But it turns out you upgrade to the next teir, and then you need to make the item 10/10 before you can upgrade to the tier after that. The mind numbing grind that lies before me has sent me into a deep disturbing depression LOL

Does anyone know the extent of the grinding needed if I want to fully lvl up 1 hero gear ( 5 items) and 3-4 relics all the way from campaign to chaos 7?

Is their a spread sheet that maybe someones made that tells you how many of each mat you need?

1 amp of each tier, 40 plain motes, 50 shiney motes, 4 ruby clusters, 20 pristine motes and 2 citrine per relic per reset. 
so u'd be looking at 8*40 plain, 8*50 shiny, 8*20 pristine motes, + those gear specific material. 
If u disturbed horribly by the grind, I think potentially there are one or 2 things u can do to ease up the grind, which most people do. 

1. Do not do AP in a pattern of push/reset/push/reset. U want to do one push, and then AP spam until u don't feel like keep doing it and wanna switch up, in order to maximize resource efficiency. since every time u decide to push high, u need to upgrade. 
2. utilize the mat-exchange system. 

If u utilize above two points, for example u decide to do 30 APs in a row, by the end of that round of AP, u will need 900 motes & say 100 specific total craft mat. it's very likely u've gathered more than enuf of mat and gold from doing the APs alone, and avoid farming/grinding. 

13 minutes ago, hailminion said:

2. utilize the mat-exchange system. 

errrrr what?!

when where what who how whom and erm.

Does this mean I can use my Chaos 7 amps and  Pristine motes to assist me here?

Just now, Zimmermann said:

errrrr what?!

when where what who how whom and erm.

Does this mean I can use my Chaos 7 amps and  Pristine motes to assist me here?

yep! called entranchess, located at the far corner in tavern, next to portal in market place. She allows u to convert c7 mat down to any lower tier mat. 

so if u do 20 AP in a row, not even 30. All u need is really to gather 45 motes each AP, and 5 craft mat each AP. by the time u done AP, u'll have enuf mat to upgrade all your stuff back up. 

a little math here, craft mat is easier so we leave it out of equation. 5 motes per map, 10 map/AP at beginning, 30 towards AP 30, so avg it to 20 maps / AP. that's 100 motes per AP at least. so u can get enuf mat to upgrade all your gear + 3 relic back up in 5 AP. If u do 20 AP+, u will be in a surplus. 

• Like 1

If you're just doing resets as fast as you can, don't bother leveling up your good gear. Just use what drops, and set your good/modded gear aside and save it for when you want to push higher floors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well this is good way in first like 10 resets - after that you can instantly join onslaught chaos 6 or chaos 7 is 28 floor and above and just get C7 gear and relics dropped for free. You dont have to spend any materials there and save it.

Another question is for what you would save right?:) Well some materials are pretty rare and in high demand for a lot of money. And for a lot of money you can buy game changing modes like tenancity 10.

finally about to do it!

got the info I need!

will retain 1683+ (might do 1 or 2 more maps) Ascendancy levels (I am only level 1682)

Looking forward to no longer having to reroll maps for easy ones and then further rerolling lane mods.

Lost Temple has been brutal, spending 30+ mins rerolling (a lot of afking) only to have to replay each wave 10+ times having to run around perfectly timing everything to ensure I shoot the right lanes to actually succeed.

Hint: you should spend about 2 mill per reset times 8 reset and it should cost you less after 8 reset and so on 

Be great if there was a way to reroll a lane/mod without having to wait to die and reload a new map. A reroll option on the menu accessible at any time would also be good i think. 

• Like 1

I think reroll is very comfortable already as it is. To loose map takes you like 20s. You want too much comfort man:)

Posted (edited)

Why live with any discomfort at all? It's their game, and can be adjusted. It only makes sense to have a button to end a match for a reroll as opposed to sitting there, wasting your time doing nothing productive. This game is filled with such excess and really shouldn't be IMO. If the key component of this game is our time, aka all grinding games, then our time should be treated as the precious commodity it is. Else, we spend that time elsewhere. At this point in DD2, we should never be just staring at the screen doing nothing...unless you are enjoying the fruits of an afk build. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1