hailminion

Show name of map while playing

plz don't hate... I understand this is a dumb and lazy request, which can easily be solved by spending 10 minute a day reading though all maps once couple days. 

It's just... more convenient... For the past half a year, I've been communicating w/ other players using description of the map instead of 2/3-word map names. 

For wtv reason, after today's incident, i wanted to make the suggestion, altho it has happened many times. 

1279894028_mapdescription.JPG.363cb055ad571fc4aa4b1086b5104c81.JPG

Thx cyro for helping out :)

Only two short periods can I recall, that I actually had a glimpse of what map I was playing.

Once was the first couple weeks of games when I progressed into c7 and stayed there for a bit. The other was 1 week of Mastery, where I had multiple looks into both maps and their names. But compared to how long I've played (8 months now), that's just 5% of the time... and both are really early on in period. 

It's certainly not a bad idea and I definitely won't mind if implemented.

However, in the event of this not being implemented, what I would suggest that'll help would be going to this interface (image below). The top left shows the name of the map you're playing.

Since you're on console and although I would have no idea which button to go here, I'd assume it should be simple. (In PC, just pressing "esc" would show this) And it'll show regardless if you're in build phase or combat phase.

Image result for DD2 menu

In case anyone is confused, this is the old version of the interface before the Power of the Ancients expansion.

And hope this helps!

• Like 1

I would be very happy if they do show. All they show is onslaught - XXX floor. would be nice if they do the screenshot u posted and put the map name on top. 

Yikes! I forgot again that it doesn't show in Onslaught! Regardless, would definitely be great if it's onslaught.

Though in the meantime, maybe if you're happening to be farming expeditions, you could familiarize with the names as the interface definitely shows in expeditions if I'm not mistaken.

Again, I certainly agree that it's a good idea for the map name to be shown in Onslaught. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1058251533_Inkedfloornotshow_LI.thumb.jpg.f929093da62e07238d3e8860f9d1f03c.jpgI don't farm, can't sit thru doing the exact same thing over and over. I can only do a lota onslaught cuz each floor it changes map, mobs, mutations, builds. 

Kinda like what I mentioned in my first comment. I've played this game for like 8 months ish? I havn't done any expedition for 7 months, and that's how long I havn't seen any map name....

Edited by hailminion