hailminion

Next Update: "End Game". What can be coming ?!

In last Friday stream, Lawlta mentioned CGs developing "end game" and has had good feed back. Apparently it's still in progress and far from finish, so voicing what we expect may still be able to impact on how CG designs it, or steer existing concepts towards a certain direction. 

I've seen many players stating they enjoyed DD1 end game content very much. Can CG possibly draw inspiration from there?

Share what u think will come to serve as DD2 END GAME !!!

(Let's be realistic on that and keep it to this topic only, so this can successfully convey to CG what the community expects to see)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The main primary concept I would hope for would be the power of the Old One's wrath also with the Harbinger attacking Dragonfall in full force this time. In short - give me ELDRITCH CORRUPTION THEMED GOODNESS and more PURPLE! Oh yeah! :D

And of course, as mentioned, these points would be great too!

• Lore expansion and conclusion.
  • A new (and refreshing) experience that differs from Onslaught and Chaos.
  • Portals from launch campaign.
  • Ultimate Boss fight

And also a fun idea - Imagine logging in the game and entering the markeplace seeing it under siege and in ruins just like ramparts siege and assault on throne room. Feels like you're in a dire situation!

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

Personally I think it will be some endless waves (I believe that's how onslaught was in DD1) kind of mode. The more waves you clear, the sweeter the reward.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think many of us have different opinions and perspectives of what would constitute an endgame for DD2. 

For myself, a game is over when: all heroes are at max level, all special weapons and gear are unlocked, all costumes and flair are unlocked, all modes are beaten, all endings have been seen, and all trophies achieved. For me, you absolutely do not need to get to flr 999 of Onslaught to consider it beaten, and heroes have no real max level per se (max asc be better). So for me, excluding a few new gear items and shards that dropped last update, DD2 has been done for quite a while as is. 

My version of complete is not the same as others. I am a collector, so my vault and bag pages are overflowing with the fact that i have 1 of every shard, 1 of every pet, 1 of every consumable item, and 1 of every gear at legendary or higher level. Even if i will never use these things. 

So for an endgame for DD2, i would really want it to hit these major milestones:

-revamped ascension point system that reduces any unused points, especially in the 3rd column. Allows for several thousand asc levels before any column maxes out.

-lots more trophies. and a platinum!

-a standalone boss rush mode 

-a new diffculty level or gamemode that always scales difficulty (i.e. enenmy health and stats) to the top human player(s) on the map, so that it is always a challenge. 

-incursions revamped for all difficulty levels

-expedition c8, and new enemy unit or all previous units appear. That mode needs a higher top level  to stay relevant, let alone interesting. 

-mastery 2.0 (go through a 2nd time), and a 2nd set of Hypershards or a way to guild current ones

-an end boss, large screen version. Special flair for each hero who beats it. Different hero ending for each hero. 

-5 more bag and vault pages, each. To make up for the space murder caused by no shard stacking.

-resets stop zeroing out all gear. 

-at least one or two more Elemental combos introduced

-get the last 2 gender swap heroes, and release M&M with new towers

-revamp all pet stats

-longtime bug fixes

-Dryad def tageting revamped

-revamp most unused defs to make at least viable (i.e. spinning dummy, harpy, etc)

i consider all of this"endgame", because not having it is really making me want to end playing this game... In any rpg game, when you stop growing and or collecting - you lose a lot of players. Mostly, i just want to have fun. Even if i am not progressing. Make it fun, and i really don't care what you do. I've already played this game more than most of my other titles, so even if i walk away now - DD2 will forever be one of my top games. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 3

I cannot agree more with most of the points you made guys.

This game really needs a more effort to feel real challenge (not like impossible now).

- I would add - raise the level of ancient power from 5 points to 20 at least. So the AP will be significant milestone in game and it will motivate you to do more resets.

- Make resets more valuable and rewarding

- Make progression in Onslaught more rewarding - still there is no difference in doing floor 85 and 685 - why? Why there are no special items or bonuses for people who spend so much time in this game progressing. My suggestion is to give extra permanent bonus once you reach certain milestone. Something like beating floor 100 - will grant your defenses permanently do 5% more dmg to bosses. Floor 500 - your defenses penetrates all shields. Floor 600 - your defenses fires 10% faster.

And so on. I have to admit i reached floor 220 - i reached AP 26 and honestly i got bored now. I mean game is awesome still - but just repeateble with no visible rewards. No motivation to climb higher or do more resets - why? Motivate me please to achieve TRUE ENDGAME.

- I completely agree with buttons added - like we had in DD1 - that was huge fun and huge challenge and it will bring massive new energy to the maps. Also it should really feel rewarding like a challenge.

- Challenges can be something like - you cannot die - basically yes Mastery 2.0 - implemented in buttons - with high rewards - extra gold, extra medals, extra loot, extra levels.

Looking forward to see this game having true endgame and smoothly transit to DD3 (DDA)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, atharix said:

Something like beating floor 100 - will grant your defenses permanently do 5% more dmg to bosses. Floor 500 - your defenses penetrates all shields. Floor 600 - your defenses fires 10% faster.

this makes my mouth watering

• Haha 1

It's a new hardcore mode where if your hero dies, it gets deleted from your account. If you only have one of those heroes created, you have to acquire them allllll over again.

Or it's not that at all. It's probably not that at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, atharix said:

I would add - raise the level of ancient power from 5 points to 20 at least. So the AP will be significant milestone in game and it will motivate you to do more resets.

I have to admit i reached floor 220 - i reached AP 26 and honestly i got bored now.

Bored after 26 resets but wants them to raise the max powers from 70 to 280, GG.

10 hours ago, atharix said:

Looking forward to see this game having true endgame and smoothly transit to DD3 (DDA)

DDA is not DD3, DD3 will be after DDA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My expectation for the game: something completely different, that doesn't set current players effort to waste. Don't start off a mode called end game and have nothing to do with mastery, onslaught, ancient power at all, and turn the other modes to dead ones. Admittedly I'm a bit selfish here for older players. 

Rewards. It will honestly need to be special, instead of simple double loot gold etc. It will feel nice, but that kinda just turns the mode into a better farming mode. I can't find a solution to that, but Lawlta did mention the rewards will be awesome, so I think it's something they have plans on, and will definitely work great. 

Content wise... something with different difficulties, and make highest one "almost" unbeatable? I just don't know how that will co-exist with onslaught (current end game), but guess devs will need to figure that part out w/o making onslaught a dead mode. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Exglint said:

Bored after 26 resets but wants them to raise the max powers from 70 to 280, GG.

Here is the rest again in case you missed it.

So the AP will be significant milestone in game and it will motivate you to do more resets.

- Make resets more valuable and rewarding

My point was now it does not matter if you are AP 100 the added value is almost 0.

Edited by atharix

I get what you mean by it, and I only meant it as a joke. Realistically, spreading them out like that would make the very high AP amounts worth more but the time investment would also skyrocket and all of the lower AP would be worth way less and the investment into doing AP would be near zero.

If they made it 20 levels even then you would get 0.5% for each point spend into Ancient Destruction which is nearly nothing. If they made it the same way it is now where you get more from earlier points and less from later then at some point you would start getting 0.1% at like 15+ points which makes that also near worthless.

This is compounded by the fact that players hate AP with a passion because it takes before it gives. They wont take a longer grind in the name of making the very high AP levels worth more. Most call it quits before AP 70 because of boredom anyways so the only ones who benefit are the 1%.

• Like 1

I wish for:

1. A sort of conclusion/setting up for dda or dd3 in terms of lore.

2. Balance changes to make certain damaging defenses more rewarding in comparison to something like FA, ideally It would come in the form of appropriate nerfs to all sources of damage, much like discussed in this rescent post.

3. A game mode/boss fight that can be played at two different difficulties; normal mode (c7) and hard mode. For hard mode you would need some power in terms of gilded shards, c8 gear, ap or high asc combined with a lot of knowledge about the game to beat it, and should be difficult as hell, but also rewarding.

4. Special rewards such as exclusive weapons, flairs, mods, titles or shards, or a combination of multiple of these (and then NOT have everything go to the barb)

Remember, this isnt epic or anything, there's not infinite resources to go around to both dd2 and dda. The biggest thing they could do for me is focus a lot of attention on balance changes and make a fun mode that adds something to the lore.

• Like 1

Along with everything that is already mentioned before, i would love see a  new tier of loot with 'maybe' four slots for shard or mods,  new weapons that are not recycled  from old weps taken out, and most of all Countess/Hunter and man machine heroes !  

• Like 2

Best endgame for me would be a boss fight challenging enough :

Level of enemies spawning should be higher than the ones on floor 500 

Boss shouldn't be as stationary as a training dummy (cough the demon in incursion) 

Add some sort of mechanic that would require cooperation between players 

As for rewards ...maybe something that would make pets more relevant ? 

• Like 2

Make Onslaught The Lost Temple playable.With four people it's glitch-fest. To me, it's the best map in the game, but very buggy. Been this way since 2017. 

Adding rewards for milestones (passing floor 250, 500, 750, 999) would be awesome, but unless the lag is fixed then what's the point. Add amazing rewards and a very tough raid-mode.

One thing I think was promised was a map where we could defend the town akin to Tavern defense in DD1 way back,(might be mis-remembering) as well as opening up more of the town to explore in general. I know many players may not feel overly excited about a new map, but perhaps if implemented the newer version of Tavern defense map(defending the town) could offer things like portals, the return of the Olde One Etc  Perhaps we could use the catapults  and other enviromental objects only and no actual defenses? Just give us something different from what is experienced in other maps/modes.

I just hope whatever is implemented doesnt actually require any player to have done 20+ resets and have over 4000 asc with perfect rolled Mods. I also hope this so-called end game update wont be disappointing like what the introduction of Onslaught felt to many of us(which was supposed to be THE end game update).

• Like 2

I'm not sure if there will be any gating, considering AP is optional (so can't make that); asc is not reliable either; Gearscore is almost irrelevant to your power after 8200 ish. 

I'm guessing, difficulty will be the only gating. That being said, I really hope the content will have various difficulties, so that not some players find it impossibly difficult, while at the same time, not some players disappointingly find it full afk. 

Rewards wise. We are powerful as we are now, so I doubt they will give us more item as far as power creep. I'm guessing some super awesome flairs and pets that drops in chests? kinda like those new weapons we had last update. Mayb some unique "Reroll mat" that allows us to reroll secondary stat, or shot type etc, so we can all use the weapon skin we like, while maintaining same play style; or some unique "tinker proetction mat" that only drops from max difficulty to protect loot from destruction

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hailminion said:

Rewards wise. We are powerful as we are now, so I doubt they will give us more item as far as power creep. I'm guessing some super awesome flairs and pets that drops in chests? kinda like those new weapons we had last update. Mayb some unique "Reroll mat" that allows us to reroll secondary stat, or shot type etc, so we can all use the weapon skin we like, while maintaining same play style; or some unique "tinker proetction mat" that only drops from max difficulty to protect loot from destruction

I quite like the sound of this, although i wouldnt care about  any new or unique flairs. The have hinted before about making pets more meaningful in DD2 so perhaps having a new pet might hold some value? being able to change shot type etc would be really nice and would be completely behind that. if it is a new mode or map as log as its not only worthwhile running ONCE reward wise i will be pretty happy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

if it is a new mode or map as log as its not only worthwhile running ONCE reward wise i will be pretty happy.

100% agreed! That's literally the most important thing. I couldn't think of anything to make it re-playable w/o adding too much rng to chests for pet rewards etc, so I just put in unique drop from that mode for those reroll mat and protection mat so ppl have something to replay it for...

Just gota make it super challenging and make rewards good, so that it's not becoming another afk farm mode with useless Roller & DrakenLord

Edited by hailminion
  • Like 1

Pets and flair are not considered End Game. Make the Temple actually playable and give incentive to keep climing floors.

The Temple high end floors have been incredibly glitchy on all servers since its release. There is no point in adding anything if the Temple and the Pirate Ship glitch out.

Posted (edited)

On lorewise, the lost temple isn't actually an endgame, it's merely a realm found and unlocked by the Gran'Master and the Mananode for the heroes to train on. The real enemy is not been defeated yet. So even if Onslaught gets all the incentive, it isn't a conclusion to DD2.

15 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

One thing I think was promised was a map where we could defend the town akin to Tavern defense in DD1 way back,(might be mis-remembering) as well as opening up more of the town to explore in general. I know many players may not feel overly excited about a new map, but perhaps if implemented the newer version of Tavern defense map(defending the town) could offer things like portals, the return of the Olde One Etc  Perhaps we could use the catapults  and other enviromental objects only and no actual defenses? Just give us something different from what is experienced in other maps/modes.

That would be quite a fun event idea there! Would definitely be interesting to defend the town!

15 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

I just hope whatever is implemented doesnt actually require any player to have done 20+ resets and have over 4000 asc with perfect rolled Mods. I also hope this so-called end game update wont be disappointing like what the introduction of Onslaught felt to many of us(which was supposed to be THE end game update).

And Hailminion said:

I'm not sure if there will be any gating, considering AP is optional (so can't make that); asc is not reliable either; Gearscore is almost irrelevant to your power after 8200 ish. 

I'm guessing, difficulty will be the only gating. That being said, I really hope the content will have various difficulties, so that not some players find it impossibly difficult, while at the same time, not some players disappointingly find it full afk. 

For fairness, I now would have to agree that the endgame could have two aspect, where one could be for lower players to experience how the mode is and higher difficulties for those players to actually use all the power (gear, asc and AP) they amassed.

6 hours ago, hailminion said:

Also, some unique M.O.D.S and shards that let's you defenses/hero do crazy stuffs for the funsies would be great rewards too!

• Like 1

I did not suggest that Onslaught get all of the incentive. I suggested that it get fixed. Please do not misrepresent my words. 

Adding an endgame boss is great, but just one feat. Fixing Onslaught and adding tiered rewards, such as new mods and shards would be well-coupled with a raid mode.

I'm desiring for Chromatic Games to act like they give a darn about our time spent. Make quality. Many people have left due to the unplayability of certain maps, on any server. Temple is required for Onslaught. Fix it. 

Posted (edited)

Well, you suggested that there's no point in adding anything unless onslaught gets fixed, and while at it, add more incentives. So yeah. And you want a raid mode.

While I don't mind Onslaught getting more incentive, there are a bunch of us who do want a new experience outside of onslaught. And with most of the manpower going to DDA, we're glad that there's actually an endgame is even in the works.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1