Sign in to follow this  
super_slayan

6000ish unused gems in DD2

Posted (edited)

there’s literally nothing i want to buy using my gems. is there anyway i can transfer them to DDA or just give me like any type of DDA skin for all 6000?

i’m literally not going to use them since i don’t play DD2 anymore, and i’m waiting for  my copies of DDA. 

i will literally take anything for DDA even if it’s like a 1% bonus XP boost lol. i would hate to see the gems go to waste

Edited by super_slayan
  • Like 1

image.png.7fc50e51f5ac47047875bba578a5cfe3.pngYeah I haven't played since 2015 and just reinstalled to check what I had.

• Haha 1

@LAWLTA yeah mate this is really annoying that we are getting Gems from DDA for DD2.. im in the same boat i dont want gems in DD2 because i have plenty and everything i need already.. as i mentioned in the mega thread weeks ago could we get something for DDA instead ??

There are not going to be any gems in DD:A and we are not going to transfer anything over. The options provided are the best options available.

• Like 1

RIP gems. wish i could at least give them away to other players

• Like 2

10 hours ago, super_slayan said:

RIP gems. wish i could at least give them away to other players

Right? I'd gladly accept all gem donations through DD GemPal  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, LAWLTA said:

There are not going to be any gems in DD:A and we are not going to transfer anything over. The options provided are the best options available.

Why are gems the best option instead of the ability to refund just the physical products?

We have the option to lower the tier, but why does lowering the tier leave your refund stuck as credit in backerkit?

This problem is all down to you guys not preparing enough by arranging delivery or estimates and not telling the backers about delivery even though the process tells you you should.

The backers really shouldn't be out of pocket at all for something that was so preventable.

1 hour ago, LemonyNebula said:

Why are gems the best option instead of the ability to refund just the physical products?

We have the option to lower the tier, but why does lowering the tier leave your refund stuck as credit in backerkit?

This problem is all down to you guys not preparing enough by arranging delivery or estimates and not telling the backers about delivery even though the process tells you you should.

The backers really shouldn't be out of pocket at all for something that was so preventable.

my post doesn’t concern the kickstarter at all. should probably make a separate post about your issue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, super_slayan said:

my post doesn’t concern the kickstarter at all. should probably make a separate post about your issue

My apologies, I thought you meant the gems that are given instead of delivery, not the ones you currently have.

The other posts saying:

"getting Gems from DDA for DD2 "

and

"The options provided are the best options available."

Made me think otherwise.

6 hours ago, LemonyNebula said:

If you lower your tier and don't plan on spending any credits on additional copies or merchandise, contact preorder@chromatic.games to do so, letting them know which tier you wish to lower it to, and they will refund the difference. Doing it through Backerkit provides funds so that people can lower their tier and potentially purchase another copy of the game (which is why the credit is applied).

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LAWLTA said:

If you lower your tier and don't plan on spending any credits on additional copies or merchandise, contact preorder@chromatic.games to do so, letting them know which tier you wish to lower it to, and they will refund the difference. Doing it through Backerkit provides funds so that people can lower their tier and potentially purchase another copy of the game (which is why the credit is applied).

Thank you for the information.

The ability to lower the pledge and get a money refund and not just credit for the add ons makes a huge difference. Most people I have spoken to with the problem believed their only options was to lose the cash in gems, lose the cash in credit or cancel the pledge entirely. This changes a lot.

I don't have the issue myself, but I will be sure to let people know that they are able to lower the pledge without the refund being tied up as credit. This is the best option as it keeps people as backers without them feeling tricked into spending more than they should.

It is very much appreciated.

If there was an option on Backerkit to allow the refund directly, we would have set it up. However, it requires us to make the change through Kickstarter directly.

Yes good for people, looks like there is more and more option.

When I refunded they proposed to lower my pledge but use the credit to purchase additional copy of the game. It's good to know that they can also refund.

• Like 1

Just remember- KS is a donation site, not a retail site. You are getting things, but that is more akin to a gift for your donation, rather than a directly bought item. 

My DDA pledge is worth more than the items i am getting for it, and i am okay with that as the real goal was funding the project/game, not getting a tshirt or any 1 item, apart from the game itself of course. 

So just remember that each refund being sought, makes DDA a little harder to make happen. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Just remember- KS is a donation site, not a retail site. You are getting things, but that is more akin to a gift for your donation, rather than a directly bought item. 

My DDA pledge is worth more than the items i am getting for it, and i am okay with that as the real goal was funding the project/game, not getting a tshirt or any 1 item, apart from the game itself of course. 

So just remember that each refund being sought, makes DDA a little harder to make happen. 

Yeah but I would rather the game release legitimatley without the resentment of dissappointed backers.

You may be okay with spending more than first pledged, which is great, but not everyone is, especially those who already gave everything they could and are unable. I'm grateful for every backer regardless of amount for helping to support a make a game I know I will love happen and would never expect nor want them to be in a position where they have to give more on top, or lose the rewards they get in return.

The ability to refund part of their pledge by lowering the tier, without having to lose it in credit/gems or refund the whole thing, means they can still support the game as much as they are willing, happily, and is honestly the best thing they could do to solve the situation and all that many asked for. I am glad they decided to allow for this. We can pretty much put the mistake behind us.

Also remember. Kickstarters are not charity and they still fall under trading laws. It is clearly stated on kickstarter itself that this falls down to the project creators and it cannot be used to skirt around the law. All sellers on kickstarter are a buisness like any other and any money taken through it is to be treated as a contract. It is quite an important distinction, especially if you use it a lot and come across any scams.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@LAWLTA

But... something for DDA would be better.. sure there are no Gems which is great.. but someone mentioned Expansions for DDA.. in my Post int he mega thread i did suggest maybe the Season pass for DDA instead.. or at least 1 of the DLC coming.. Gems are pointless in DD2 for me you are giving us nothing ;)

Basically i would like something for the game im supporting .. not some other game.. and honestly i dont care if i have to wait a year for the expansions just knowing that when they come out ive got them coming works for me.

Edited by LJMjollnir
Account link was bad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

This is why i havent done a Refund myself.. i want to see DDA be a thing.. i would also like to get things for the game im supporting tho

gems even 100000000000 gems in DD2 have no value to me.. once DDA is out most likely i will never touch DD2 again (hell i dont even play DD2 at the moment).... and i never touched DD1 after DD2 came out.. i had a quick look again once and was horrified how clunky it was and quickly closed it ;)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LemonyNebula said:

You may be okay with spending more than first pledged, which is great, but not everyone is, especially those who already gave everything they could and are unable.

There was an option on the campaign to get only the game. Anyone who pledged anything beyond that falls into the category i am talking about. 

There was zero need for anyone to even use KS. They could've waited til Oct and bought the game on release. Saved your $ til then. Surely most can come up with $15 with 5 some months to save up for it. That's only a penny a day. We're not talking about AAA pricing or LE versions either. 

We came to KS to help bring an idea to life, hopefully with some extras to boot, both in swag and in-game. Getting all caught up about the extras is an example of not seeing the forrest for the trees. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LJMjollnir said:

@LAWLTA

But... something for DDA would be better.. sure there are no Gems which is great.. but someone mentioned Expansions for DDA.. in my Post int he mega thread i did suggest maybe the Season pass for DDA instead.. or at least 1 of the DLC coming.. Gems are pointless in DD2 for me you are giving us nothing ;)

Basically i would like something for the game im supporting .. not some other game.. and honestly i dont care if i have to wait a year for the expansions just knowing that when they come out ive got them coming works for me.

I was kind of surprised that DLC was not something that could be offered (way later of course) as a swap instead of gems. For the really big campaign pledges, i was actually very surprised that DLC season passes were not part of the offer. Maybe that is just in case those never come out...?

• Like 2

We've provided the options that are available. If you would like to lower your tier to another tier and receive a refund (or an entire refund), send an e-mail to preorder@chromatic.games . 

• Sad 1

Capture.PNG.f78c106f3bc6629be3e0e8efec8f78cf.PNG

On the Pre-Order store; DD:A = 25$, DD:A Soundtrack = 5$, DD:A Strategy Guide = 10$, DD:A Artbook = 5$. Considering this alone with having 2 copies of the game itself including beta is 70$. Multiple signs of recognition as a supporter, In-Game Title: "Etherian Companion", Forum Title: "Squire Supporter", Discord "Backer Role", Forum Title: "Etherian Citizen". There's also an exclusive KS DD:A Squire costume, and a KS Giraffe on a Treadmill for DD:A.

If I recall correctly it was the t-shirts being refunded by DD2 gems, which is a 40$ pledge that you can lower or completely refund. Games usually don't go on sale until 1-2 years after release from my experience/see/notice. Nonetheless I don't care about DD2 in any sense and as a purchaser you have plenty of options given to you.:squire_small:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Galax said:

If I recall correctly it was the t-shirts being refunded by DD2 gems, which is a 40$ pledge that you can lower or completely refund. Games usually don't go on sale until 1-2 years after release from my experience/see/notice. Nonetheless I don't care about DD2 in any sense and as a purchaser you have plenty of options given to you.:squire_small:

Downgrading to the 35$ tier only works out great for people who have backed the 40$ pledge, (though they would miss out on the 'thanks' credit) they would be gaining an extra copy of the game. It doesn't really take into account all the people who have gone for the tiers above 40$, which all also include the t-shirt and poster. 

I have to admit, the 35$ tier It's still a pretty good deal but I personally don't really want to have to sacrifice the other digital rewards that enticed me to back the higher tier in the first place.

For example, If somebody backed a 75$ tier and downgraded, they would lose out on those extra rewards, and Chromatic would be losing 40$ in funding. Now imagine how much they would lose out if people from the higer tiers downgraded. All for the sake of a 30$ shipping fee. It doesn't make sense. The only other options is to either recieve 10$ worh of gems for the loss of T-shirt and poster, or 30$ of gems for paying the 30$ shipping fee, which in my opinion is a rather pitiful amount especially for those who have no interest in gems or DD2. 

I personally wouldn't have a problem losing out on the t-shirt and poster. It's just the principal of it and the way Chromatic have handled it with the options we have been given. And with the responses they have given recently, sadly by now it seems like they are pretty hard and fast set.

I guess we can only now bite the bullet, look to the future and hope that we get an amazing game in return. Which I'm sure it will be. 

• Like 5

On 6/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, All Your Yeahs said:

Downgrading to the 35$ tier only works out great for people who have backed the 40$ pledge, (though they would miss out on the 'thanks' credit) they would be gaining an extra copy of the game. It doesn't really take into account all the people who have gone for the tiers above 40$, which all also include the t-shirt and poster. 

I have to admit, the 35$ tier It's still a pretty good deal but I personally don't really want to have to sacrifice the other digital rewards that enticed me to back the higher tier in the first place.

For example, If somebody backed a 75$ tier and downgraded, they would lose out on those extra rewards, and Chromatic would be losing 40$ in funding. Now imagine how much they would lose out if people from the higer tiers downgraded. All for the sake of a 30$ shipping fee. It doesn't make sense. The only other options is to either recieve 10$ worh of gems for the loss of T-shirt and poster, or 30$ of gems for paying the 30$ shipping fee, which in my opinion is a rather pitiful amount especially for those who have no interest in gems or DD2. 

I personally wouldn't have a problem losing out on the t-shirt and poster. It's just the principal of it and the way Chromatic have handled it with the options we have been given. And with the responses they have given recently, sadly by now it seems like they are pretty hard and fast set.

I guess we can only now bite the bullet, look to the future and hope that we get an amazing game in return. Which I'm sure it will be. 

If somebody backed a 75$ pledge, that would mean they wanted more than a t-shirt. This is also part of what I don't understand, why are there "tiers" to begin with, why not just have a list of options and you pick out your own? Would also make refunding and addressing the issue simplier if there are problems.

Also from what I'm aware of "Now imagine how much they would louse out if people from the higher tiers downgraded." doesn't matter as far as businesses go. Limiting your mistakes increase the value of a company, if you didn't want people to refund your product it would be beneficial to limit those reasons somebody would. One of those being; not being able to provide what you stated you could. Small companies usually have an issue with providing material goods. Best scenario would be having a longer wait time to provide the goods.

I can't even refund a Steam game becuase I didn't request a refund within their 2 week period, I haven't played the game outside of that period or gone above half of their required play amount. This is a flaw and decreases the value of their company, greed doesn't run companies. As well unfortunately I'm in the same boat and have to wait and see how DD:A will be, DD2 is a disappointment. Hopefully Massacre difficulty is better than DD's Nightmare :D.

13 hours ago, Kioya-chan said:

Sorry I lost my keys, Am I late to the party?

Probably, but good you found your keys.

Sign in to follow this