Abuchris

I would have supported, but...

I know I am late to the party, but I don't use kickstarter as my personal news source. 

So today, when I wanted to get back into DDI with some friends, I was looking for a way to buy a complete edition since I am missing most of the dlc, and thought that would be a great way to get back in for some fun. Well, I apparently have the following options: Buy all the dlc individually for 60 EUR. 

And I noticed that during kickstarter, I could get a complete DDI pack with a key for DDA for 16 (usd, eur? doesnt much matter), and I would have been all over that, but alas.. too late. 
So maybe the preorder? at 40USD and NO complete DDI included, that is not going to happen either. 

PLEASE understand that this is not a whiny wah-wah post about me missing the boat. I accept that. But I feel obligated to let Chromatic know that I will not be buying DDA in preorder unless a complete DDI comes along, and I really don't see how a graphics upgrade can be worth 40USD (unless it comes with upgraded versions of every single DDI dlc included). I sure hope you get a great success, and a huge community around DDA. But I won't be a part of it, and as a conscientious consumer I feel obligated to let you know that I am out here, I'd love to be a part of it, but I believe your pricing structure to be misguided :)

Good luck to you :)

I doubt that DD:A is just going to be DD1 with better graphics. They are building it from the ground up, with the opportunity to base the engine around the hectic endgame with thousands of enemies per wave. DD1 was originally not made to support those numbers, and thus ran kinda horribly for some people in the endgame.

They'll also be able to include any number of QoL features and revamp things like the crafting system, which was very claustrophobic originally with room for only, what, 12 items/folders per page?

Then there's tower balancing. Right now, lightning towers with a couple deadly strike towers rule supreme in the endgame. Variety will be very welcome.

I'm looking forward to what they'll be able to do with DD:A.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:25 AM, Abuchris said:

I really don't see how a graphics upgrade can be worth 40USD

DDA is built on an entirely new engine from the ground up.  The content isn't even the same necessarily.  Heroes, towers, maps, etc. may all function differently than they did in DD1 and there will likely be many new options.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, Abuchris said:

So maybe the preorder? at 40USD and NO complete DDI included

the 2012 edition is the complete dd1 if im not mistaken, so the $40 pre order does include this

i think DDA more of a remake than a remaster. they’re combining what made DD1 good with what made DD2 good into a single game. It’s more than better graphics

I feel u. I've had similar experience. 

There was a meat sale in a butcher shop nearby, which I don't walk by often. They had a lot of pork chops and steaks at half price during the sale for one whole month, and I missed it by 2 months.

Afterwards I was furious, that they didn't let me know they were on sale, for how much I love meat. How could they not let me know?!

So I demanded them to put it on sale again for me since I didn't happen to walk by during sale, didn't really work out. I was really really mad. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Hey @Abuchris !

We are super excited for the release of DDA and we really think the community is going to love it. It is so much more than a graphics update, we can promise you that. There's a new storyline, new maps,  increased usability and reliability, just to name a few. I just wanted to make sure that you are aware that you can still pre-order DDA for just $25 from our Backerkit store. The $40 option includes a bunch of extras (beta access, artwork, soundtrack, etc), but you can still get the entire game for just $25.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3