Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

Ancient Power reset for the first time

Posted (edited)

I am planning on my first reset, however I have noticed that I have been gaining the additional Ascension levels I can keep through my reset faster then actual ascension levels. I am currently at lvl 1660 and I can now keep 1182 lvls are my reset. Assuming I can keep on progressing it seems like I will be able to keep all my ascension levels when I reset. My question is: should I just keep trying to progress deeper and deeper until I no longer lose any ascension levels? I am not even sure if this is possible, as all my gear is meh Chaos 7 with most of my mods being lvl 4-7. I am also restricting myself to just squire blockades and Monk defenses.

So my questions are:

How many of you guys managed to reset without losing any ascension levels? (if its possible)

What Onslaught floor will I need to clear to keep 1650-1700 ascension levels when I reset?

Edited by Zimmermann

1 minute ago, nude_tayne said:

I reset at floor 165 and had 1800 minimum ascension which is 700 more than I had when I reset.

ok awesome. How much harder was 165 compared with like 100? I am on 117 at the moment.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Zimmermann said:

ok awesome. How much harder was 165 compared with like 100? I am on 117 at the moment.

Really the only map I was having trouble with was temple wave 4/5 and that's because I didn't have any good anti air defenses and there were so many mobs that it was lagging either my computer or internet.  It wasn't really fun at that point so I reset.  Difficulty doesn't scale that fast otherwise people at floor 800+ would never get there.

Edited by nude_tayne

1 minute ago, nude_tayne said:

Really the only map I was having trouble with was temple wave 4/5 and that's because I didn't have any good anti air defenses and there were so many mobs that it was lagging either my computer or internet.  It wasn't really fun at that point so I reset.

yeah I have been lagging already on Lost Temple.  I actually really dislike it now. I also pick and choose a lot of the mods I play, and Lost temple theoretically can make a close to impossible lane for me with the random lane generators each round. Some lane mods are so hard for me that I have to more or less baby sit 1 lane throught the round. Reduced magic damage + kobolds reduce aura size/damage. I am not building any other towers then auras/blockades.

But since I have this Frostfire weapon, its made the game about twice as easy, so I want to progress as far as I can before they nerf it.

Floor 150 should be doable with the only trouble being the lag of the lost temple. For every floor that you complete you get 12 levels addes to your minimum. Provided you go above your highest completed floor.

Where you're at now is fine. But what are you looking to do ? Once you start the ap grind it's expensive to stop.

The First 10-15 can go rather fast. If you have the resources and gold you can get burn through them in days.

9 hours ago, Lagmonster said:

Floor 150 should be doable with the only trouble being the lag of the lost temple. For every floor that you complete you get 12 levels addes to your minimum. Provided you go above your highest completed floor.

Where you're at now is fine. But what are you looking to do ? Once you start the ap grind it's expensive to stop.

The First 10-15 can go rather fast. If you have the resources and gold you can get burn through them in days.

Ill just have 1 hero with good gear each reset and a total of 4 relics.  I have 100 million gold, so im hoping thats enough for a few resets.

Posted (edited)

Well 100mil is a good start for sure. But the fastest/laziest way to ap reset is to just buy your gear right back up and run a c7 map to unlock floor 28. But that ofcourse only really works up until ap 15 or so.

But you can also skip a few and save a bunch if u add in an onslaught map after reset. By leveling up a random set of gear to unlock c7. I believe once you hit ap 7 or 8 you naturally unlock c7. And there's no need to level your gear up.

Disclaimer-- it's been a long time since I was ap<10 so my numbers are probably off by a bit

Edited by Lagmonster
Bad phone auto text

21 hours ago, Zimmermann said:

What Onslaught floor will I need to clear to keep 1650-1700 ascension levels when I reset?

Just keep climbing until you can't climb anymore, the higher you go on the first run, the more it will benefit your reset grind (talent caps raise and min ascension). The calculation for minimum ascension is:

((Max Onslaught Floor Reached Ever - 30) x 4.16 + (Max Ascension Level Reached ever / 50) ) x 3.