Posted (edited)

Before I post a more refined version of my end game suggestion, I just wanted to know a glimpse on this.

While I am aware that CG is a different company from TE now, There are some plans made by TE for DD2 in Elandrians holiday check-in that actually sounds good. Like this:

"We’re looking at creating a better “purpose for play.” Some people call this a “chase” in a game. We know some people enjoy getting to high floors of Onslaught, and some enjoy getting fully kitted out with Chaos VIII gear, Gilded Shards, all Ancient Powers, etc. but we also know that we can do even better than that.

We want our players to have a more meaningful reason for getting all the new loot and levels in our progression systems. One avenue we’ve been playing with is an “ultimate boss” style encounter. The Lost Eternia Shard DLC packs proved the concept for the franchise, and we are currently exploring ways we can hit that emotional high-point in the contemporary DD2 format.  Modern MMO’s and RPG’s have taken big strides when it comes to designing boss fights and we’re looking to mirror their modern, elegant style."

I was wondering on the question of will CG uphold this plan?

However, there's a goal above the said plan which is :

"We’re looking at expanding our elemental combo system. The goals for this are to add intuitive and interesting combinations between damage types, setting you up for some mad alchemy with new and beefier elemental interactions (what if poison exploded when hit with fire damage?).  Elemental interactions entered Dungeon Defenders II before our Free-to-Play launch and while our old plans to expand upon them have grown dusty on the shelf, I have never forgotten how excited they made me about the potential for DD2. We want to rekindle that excitement and realize this feature’s potential.

We’re also looking at acquisition methods for all of your loot and rewards in the game. We know people are looking for specific Shards, 10/10 Qualibean™ MODS, crafting materials, re-roll items...basically all the things. Our new Lead Designer (Mark Telfer) has made appeasing you his primary goal in life and loot acquisition is where he’s decided to start. Much like with recent changes to MOD roll and drop rates, your feedback will be essential to this process — so keep reaching out and letting us know your thoughts."

And the awesome thing is, that most of the plans are mostly fulfilled with the Defender-Centric update!

With this factor, the endgame plans may seem to be possible? I definitely don't know. But I would really love a glimpse of a confirmation there.

Thanks for reading there!

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 3

This thread gives me a reminder that how many improves and new content/features CG has given out. We've gone a long way and improved so much and so quickly. 

Would love to see the "ultimate boss" ! 

• Like 2

I really hope that CG drops a new endgame mode on DD2 before they go into custodial mode and only do adjustments to the game. It needs it so badly to have any longevity past DDA. Otherwise when the new game launches, it will cannibalize much of their fan base and likely not to return. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This latest Chromatic Weekend Wind Down, Lawlta and Mark revealed that "an endgame thing" is in the works for DD2 with some potentially great rewards! If I'm not mistaken, it's in the experimental phase but it's going good! Looking forward to seeing on how it's turning out!

I don't think I need to continue suggesting (for now) as it's already in the works but I really do hope for these few points :

• Lore expansion and conclusion.
  • A new (and refreshing) experience that differs from Onslaught and Chaos.
  • Portals from launch campaign.
  • Ultimate Boss fight!

Again looking forward to seeing in how the new endgame turns out and glad it's in the works! :D

• Like 1

Stop with these stupid Idia nonsense, people calling it End Game there is no end game unless you finished all the floors, post your video on YouTube you playing the game on the last floor, if you can’t do that then your just lying. I respect for those few people who beat the last floor and much of there precious time wasted.

2 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

This latest Chromatic Weekend Wind Down, Lawlta and Mark revealed that "an endgame thing" is in the works for DD2 with some potentially great rewards! If I'm not mistaken, it's in the experimental phase but it's going good! Looking forward to seeing on how it's turning out!

I don't think I need to continue suggesting (for now) as it's already in the works but I really do hope for these few points :

• Lore expansion and conclusion.
  • A new (and refreshing) experience that differs from Onslaught and Chaos.
  • Portals from launch campaign.
  • Ultimate Boss fight!

Again looking forward to seeing in how the new endgame turns out and glad it's in the works! :D

I am excited for what this could be. I just hope it does not require max resets to do...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As long as its a endgame mode with a fun experience that has nothing to do with onslaught I'm happy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Neoneo said:

Stop with these stupid Idia nonsense, people calling it End Game there is no end game unless you finished all the floors, post your video on YouTube you playing the game on the last floor, if you can’t do that then your just lying. I respect for those few people who beat the last floor and much of there precious time wasted.

What are you talking about? As I've said, CG themselves has said in their recent weekend wind down stream that they are working on an endgame thing. So it's no longer just an idea or a wish, they are working on it. We just don't know the specifics.

And there are some of us who wants to play something other than Onslaught that's challenging. And I have never wholly considered High Onslaught to be endgame. Sure it's the current endgame and a gamemode's endgame but not DD2's true endgame. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

I am excited for what this could be. I just hope it does not require max resets to do...

That would be brutal.... lol can't imagine it has any gating. I do look much forward to the content, difficulty, reward, and replayability

• Like 3

Story wise I hope it explains why the defenders need to go back in time in DDA. 

Maybe defeat the Old One’s and Harbinger’s ultimate boss but at great cost thus must go back and turn the tides of battle before only DragonFall is left. 

• Like 1

It will be a snap and delete your account......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, uzar said:

It will be a snap and delete your account......

downloadfile (2).gif

tumblr_inline_pctaioxn1y1tkli1e_400.gif

• Haha 1