Sign in to follow this  
Tigorus

Why doesn't the Poison Servo work with EV defences?

Posted (edited)

I was trying something different I thought Poison Protons or Poison Reflect Walls would be fun but I got the red text "invalid for tower" message. Is this right? I tried water servo and didn't get the message. That's all kinds of bunk if intended.

Edited by Tigorus

I can atest that WM does work with it. I haven't tried the rest.

• Like 1

reflect beam is an explosion. 

Two factors you can't attune element in DD2: defenses deal damage via the form of explosion; defenses that don't deal damage by themselves. 

poison works on my proton beams.  the only EV defense elemental mods didn't work on was reflect beam.

12 hours ago, Tigorus said:

I was trying something different I thought Poison Protons or Poison Reflect Walls would be fun but I got the red text "invalid for tower" message. Is this right? I tried water servo and didn't get the message. That's all kinds of bunk if intended.

Wha? Why would you consider thinking of using poison on reflection? And don’t bother thinking poisoning buff or boost tower , well some things are obvious but I’d thought since you tried to poison reflection just do it anyway you can poison boost or buff beam also if you like.

One time I was walking by the lake and there was a big sign that said warning shallow lake , but still I see people jump anyways.

1 hour ago, Neoneo said:

Wha? Why would you consider thinking of using poison on reflection? And don’t bother thinking poisoning buff or boost tower , well some things are obvious but I’d thought since you tried to poison reflection just do it anyway you can poison boost or buff beam also if you like.

I'm guessing you don't know reflect beam does aoe damage?  And that there is a shard that makes it do earth damage so adding a poison mod would make it a self-petrifying tower?

Let’s take things slowly since I pass by on you fast, if you scroll up slowly and take your time reading it word for word  and let the chemical in the brain process and sink in, all I said just do it, now I said that sentence twice, I could even add water in my FA aura if I wanted to but some people still jump in the water even if there are sign. I know you got it this time so congratulations 

• Confused 3

48 minutes ago, Neoneo said:

Let’s take things slowly since I pass by on you fast, if you scroll up slowly and take your time reading it word for word  and let the chemical in the brain process and sink in, all I said just do it, now I said that sentence twice, I could even add water in my FA aura if I wanted to but some people still jump in the water even if there are sign. I know you got it this time so congratulations 

uhh... unironically wat?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nude_tayne said:

I'm guessing you don't know reflect beam does aoe damage?  And that there is a shard that makes it do earth damage so adding a poison mod would make it a self-petrifying tower?

Basically this. Was using the shard that adds crushing earth damage...seemed like a win. It just seemed odd since it let me use a relic with a water mod without an error message. It just had an issue with the poison mod. 

On 5/24/2019 at 12:17 AM, Tigorus said:

Poison on Reflect Beam only applies to the pulses that travel to the nodes, not any reflected projectiles.

15 hours ago, ChrisH36 said:

Poison on Reflect Beam only applies to the pulses that travel to the nodes, not any reflected projectiles.

No. Elemental servo just doesn't work on reflect beam full stop.