Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Before we switch to DDA I would really really love to manually increase C7 difficulty. 

Double difficulty = double enemy damage, health, speed? Or such things + double loot

Triple...

And so on... 

What du u think? 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or...since we have C8 gear and shards now...where is C8 difficulty? Or c9-c100? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I think this would be fun, it eventually gets self defeating. Make c8 expeditions, get c8 gear, c8 becomes easy. Make c9 expeditions, get c9 gear, c9 becomes easy. Make c10 expeditions, get c10 gear, c10 becomes easy. Then we eventually get to floor 999 difficulty and everyone is beating it like there was never an issue.

I do like OP's idea where you just increase the difficulty of what we have and get more loot, xp and gold for it. but that seems like it would eventually get out of hand xp and gold wise since it would be stacked with AP bonuses and multiplayer bonuses to give insane amounts per map. Loot not so much though since the only thing multiplayer offers there is 6 guaranteed legendaries and if you are getting 300% loot that doesnt affect those 6 legendary then it would be useful without being broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reset mechanism is waaaay more broken than the Chaos system. C8 would be easy because a bunch of people have multipliers already that have pushed them well beyond c7 now. 

Theorizing power creep on higher difficulties is completely contingent on gear being released in conjunction, which is not necessarily true at this time. However we already have c8 gear - right now. It only makes sense to at least have a c8 mode to use them in, if not a c9 that makes the c8 gear no longer powerful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some ppl might say they are op but really what is your definition of op, afk?  A lot of ppl say they do afk? Maybe on weak mobs, draken forest won’t let you afk even in ch1 so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If built right you can afk any map or bosses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ColobelSpike82 said:

Before we switch to DDA I would really really love to manually increase C7 difficulty. 

Double difficulty = double enemy damage, health, speed? Or such things + double loot

Triple...

And so on... 

What du u think? 

 

I can't believe this hasn't already been brought in.  Like on DD1 we had easy, medium, hard, insane etc etc. It would make DD2 so much more fun to ramp up the chaos but without any mutators to faff with. 

And we could maybe have different fun challenge modes too, similar to Raining Goblins or Zippy Terror from DD1. like you could have an option to run an entire map with just the chaos enemies. Just Immagine if you had nothing but Lady Orcs or Kobolds to deal with going at double speed hehe..

Edited by All Your Yeahs
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way c8 loot works now (and the difficulty upgrading it) should negate such loot from dropping if there were a chaos 8 difficulty. 

 

However the possibility of the difficulty existing is there, the player would just have to use current loot. Chaos 8 could have a new enemy type and be extra difficult for players looking for the challenge.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Or better - The time of chaos is over, the Harbinger wants Annihilation!

Personally, I think just chaos 8 as a new difficulty wont seem to be a satisfying endgame conclusion. But if there's to be chaos 8, I would really love it to be a completely new experience than previous chaos/onslaught.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

Chaos 8 could have a new enemy type and be extra difficult for players looking for the challenge.

This is the part that makes no sense.

How much damage and health do you see C8 enemies having? In C7 we currently see about 30-40m health bosses and lower on normal enemies. For C8 how would you scale that? Double? Triple? Quadruple? Quintuple?

Currently with C8 stuff even Decuple times hp enemies (10x), this leaves bosses with 300-400 million hp and somewhere around floor 280-300ish, are very possible under little challenge. Which leaves the challenge up to the new enemy.

This new enemy needing to be the challenge would need to be something that turns the tables on the player. Typically called "hard counters", which are very disliked among gamers in general. These enemies have nothing in return that can stop them, thus they need to implement something for us to fight back with. This in turn makes them soft counters. 

To take a minute to explain these two for anyone who may not know what they mean but read the forum. "Hard Counter" is something that completely nullifies you and has nothing that can stop this (ie. Headstrong or stun immune Assassins) <- Even though we do have a counter to these now. A "Soft Counter" is something that is effective but not completely (ie. c1-c7 Tenacity). It works but doesnt make the enemy invalid, in that instance they can still fight back against it.

If you make a new tier and make another hard counter enemy people complain, but if you make it a soft counter in any way then its not challenging. Even with the idea of just giving them more hp and damage  in C7 doesnt make the game challenging because of all the power we have currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hajum023 said:

We already have adjustable c7 with c8 loot, its called onslaught...

I don't think that is directly comparable for what is being discussed. Onslaught is not adjustable as described in the thread. You can reroll at best, but not choose. You also don't have to play any upper floors as u can farm all gear and shards well under floor 100. So pushing floors is only for those who enjoy the mode and are working resets. It's the reset bonuses that blow the difficulty out of the water (with no other mode to use those hefty bonuses in) far more than c8 stuff or gilding does. It was the architect of its own issues. 

For me, the main issue is the Onslaught game mode itself. It is my least fave mode in the game. While it attempts to add variety and mix things up - i feel it does the exact opposite. Hard counters and mutators often force your hand as to what def you place (on any decent difficulty at least). Instead of adding options, i feel it constantly takes options away. The roll of the stage determines what you will place much more than your own creativity in finding a solution.

Even worse if you are in a reset cycle, as time and patience almost demands that you limit builds to only a few defs, as time and gold it takes to build your full hero set is extremely prohibitive. This means on resets you are playing with even less options...

To me that is the rub of that mode. As i build my hero set more and more, instead of more options and def combinations for each situation, i feel my hand forced more and more to play a certain way. It's a duality in the game that i don't care for, which is why i don't reset or climb floors. At least in Expeditions i can still freely build, even if it's more monotonous to do so.

Hence the reason for threads like this that want more difficulty but without the hand forced hassle of onslaught to get it, and why a c8 or more is desired. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Building on the story line of adventures, making incursions worthwhile, adding more map specific loot, and extending mastery challenges, would beef out the game without looking to further power creeps.

Edited by Little Magic Hat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 7:20 PM, Jaws_420 said:

I don't think that is directly comparable for what is being discussed. Onslaught is not adjustable as described in the thread. You can reroll at best, but not choose. You also don't have to play any upper floors as u can farm all gear and shards well under floor 100. So pushing floors is only for those who enjoy the mode and are working resets. It's the reset bonuses that blow the difficulty out of the water (with no other mode to use those hefty bonuses in) far more than c8 stuff or gilding does. It was the architect of its own issues. 

For me, the main issue is the Onslaught game mode itself. It is my least fave mode in the game. While it attempts to add variety and mix things up - i feel it does the exact opposite. Hard counters and mutators often force your hand as to what def you place (on any decent difficulty at least). Instead of adding options, i feel it constantly takes options away. The roll of the stage determines what you will place much more than your own creativity in finding a solution.

Even worse if you are in a reset cycle, as time and patience almost demands that you limit builds to only a few defs, as time and gold it takes to build your full hero set is extremely prohibitive. This means on resets you are playing with even less options...

To me that is the rub of that mode. As i build my hero set more and more, instead of more options and def combinations for each situation, i feel my hand forced more and more to play a certain way. It's a duality in the game that i don't care for, which is why i don't reset or climb floors. At least in Expeditions i can still freely build, even if it's more monotonous to do so.

Hence the reason for threads like this that want more difficulty but without the hand forced hassle of onslaught to get it, and why a c8 or more is desired. 

Not saying it would be bad for the game, just saying its a bit reduntant as you can get the same loot anyway. I am all for new content, but I think CG could do other things to spice up the game instead and be more rewarded for the time spendt. For instance to make incusrsions farmable at any difficulty and also have actual rewards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hajum023 said:

Not saying it would be bad for the game, just saying its a bit reduntant as you can get the same loot anyway. I am all for new content, but I think CG could do other things to spice up the game instead and be more rewarded for the time spendt. For instance to make incusrsions farmable at any difficulty and also have actual rewards.

Now that you've clarified, I have agree with you now. I'd certainly would rather CG to create a new endgame experience that's completely different from Chaos, expanding lore and returning incursions to it's former glory. I personally feel that the ultimate playstyle of Chaos for DD2 has nearly been achieved with how Onslaught/mastery works now.

I'd also have to agree with your point on OP's suggestion as even if we get to play C7 in the level of floor 150 etc, I'll still playing C7 with the same strategies and with more powerful enemies, I'll just be more hard-pressed to use the efficient strategy to counter them which makes no differences from regular C7.

So...I think what's better and  a spicier idea than an adjustable C7 would be to have C8 with ALL chaos enemies included which rewards double gold and mats! (Though If this actually gets into the game, I'd still want an endgame that's a new experience. Which then when you/I think more about it, I'd rather have the time and resource going to the new endgame experience than the aforementioned C8 haha.)

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...