Sign in to follow this  
hailminion

Temple its stuck bosses

I was climbing onslaught this weekend. I always reroll Siege Roller lane cuz they tend to get stuck or take very long. Before I knew it, I got a Roller lane on 2nd wave (no point to reroll since I already spent the time to build that ridiculously big map).

Just as I was afraid of, last roller in lane always got stuck, and there was really no way to kill it from the front (tried, unrealistic). The despawn timer was roughly 5 minute, which made a 20 minute Lost Temple as long as 40-45 minute.  

I know many including myself have brought this up many times, and the devs may be annoyed already. However, this is definitely an important part of the QoL in DD2

Is there any reason at all for the despawn timer to be 5 minute every wave instead of 2 minute? It doubled the time on Temple. I can only imagine it would quadruple the time on normal maps, for those who choose not to reroll Siege Roller but have bad luck having them stuck within spawn. 

(I'd honestly much rather have LT removed as whole, for how many bugs and lags it has, until it's fixed, but I know that's a lot of work. Changing the timer may be a cheaper alternative)

High Roller lane simply shouldn't exist. Siege Rollers by themselves are fine but a whole lane of rollers shooting homing missiles across the map is dumb; esp higher onslaught where you're likely to get one-hit by one of the dozens of rockets. The stuck rollers happen frequently with the high roller lane type, regardless of the map. 

The best we can do is reroll any time that lane appears, but I can empathize with your annoyances when that lane appears as an additional lane for LT :/ 

• Like 2

I think High Roller lanes are unfair to the concept of DD2. A boss made to break up AFK behavior shouldn't be sent in clusters. It almost demands you to DPS support the lane, and takes away much of the 'tower def' of the game. If this is something in the game, than there should be a hard counter tower against it, which there is not. Instead you either place CBs or Ballistas backwards to shoot them, or finds ways to delay the lane so you can DPS it last. Sure it's different and breaks up the monotony, but not in a way i find enjoyable. 

Plus, rocket range on rollers really should be drastically reduced to only that lane, and not map-wide, along with huge nerfs to the dmg they do. It's a very unfair setup, much like HS assassin lanes. 

• Like 1

I'm not as fussed about roller lane in general because I can just reroll the bad ones, as I've sit thru enuf roller lanes to able to guess which map/lane take longer to spawn or have a high possibility of having stuck rollers. 

The issue with LT is, 90% of the LT I play have stuck bosses/mobs somewhere in map, because there so many lanes that cause stuck bosses/mobs. When normal mobs/bosses stuck deep in those lanes, I'm okay, because I can build some LSA and/or hero DPS to kill em, although it's still additional 1 or 2 minute. With Roller, it's just impossible to kill when stuck. 

(For @CG  reference, the lanes that often cause stuck bosses/mobs:

Top water lanes, where can spawn double up to quadruple lanes; 

The lane that's 3 lane over to the left from water lane, (or 1 lane to the right from the double lane with low-spawn flyer); 

Occasionally, The most left lane (the single lane left of the double lane with low-spawn flyer); 

The bottom two lanes next to the high-far-spawn flyer lane (the two that used to have cross-path issue); 

The double lane in the cave, under the two lanes above just mentioned; 

Occasionally, the double lane under the dome with pathway (mid map location)

Occasionally, the lane at far lower-right corner ( right hand side of the double lane under dome with pathway)

Roller lanes instant reroll even if they are easy lanes to handle it just slows down a map so much.

I think 2 minutes is reasonable (I'd argue 90 seconds max); it is beyond the time any mob should have died or made it past defences to a core. Also I concur with removing high rollers; they're a grievance not a challenge. 

Headstrong assassins are the reason barb is so common - I've taken to just RE rolling any headstrong flier even at my piddly floor. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I myself haven't seen stuck Siege Rollers on Temple, but I have seen stuck Yeti, Ogres, Lava Orcs and Captain Dreadbones more than I can possibly count.  High Rollers usually gets stuck in Siphon Site D's lower staircase or the ramp coming down from the double pit area at Dead Road..

As for Headstrong DAs, they are annoying but my barb has enough HP gear to deal with them if he does get latched and there are other heroes with healing abilities that can combat their damage (Adept, AL, etc.). I also found out Drakenlord's Soul still works on them and freezes them, but not if they are Unstoppable.

I very rarely reroll maps as it usually turns into a real momentum killer to have to rely on RNG to get ahead.

Edited by ChrisH36