Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

Is this intended? (Frostfire Remnents)

So I just found out about the frost fire weapon mod.

Anyway I was busy AFK'ing a rather easy 103 (not because I am good, but because I bunker built and had easy lane mods) Onslaught map and and on the last wave I thought I may as well test out this new weapon mod on a lane. The map was perfect for it as I was defending really close to my core so there was huge packs of monsters in the active lanes. I fired some shots at the leading monsters and then stopped... and what happened next blue my mind!

The explosions cleared out monsters and then started to chain... more and more until the packs were getting blown to bits and the explosions were starting to head back down the lane of monsters until they were at their spawn!  

My question is, does the ground effect proc the explosions? or am I somehow with a combination of shards/mods causing this to happen?

This mod is hugely fun but on first impressions seems overpowered.

Shards/mods I am running that might be aiding this effect are:

• Shards: Sundering Blow, Lightning Touch, Burning strikes
  • Weapon mods: Piercer Chip, Oil Chip, Frostfire Remnants

The bold shards/mods might be causing this chain reaction. Anyway guys let me know if this is intended or not, maybe at "low" Onslaught levels this is no big deal compared to you guys who seem to all be at 600-1000, which frankly sounds way to mind numbing for me to even consider!

• Haha 1

Hehe.. looks like you've discovered one of the best weapon mods currently in game. And yes, how you've described it is working as intended.  

Defeating an enemy leaves an area of frostfire a.o.e damage on the ground. When another enemy walks into that frostfire and is also defeated, the enemy will explode and spread even more frost damage. If the enemy is also drenched, it casues that enemy to be frozen and you can also proc a shatter combo. 

It kinda has the same affect as a boom mod as it spreads frost damage in an area. Bear in mind though, to get the freeze, some form of drench is required. So add that for some insane freeze and crowd control! Turning wyverns into huge blocks of ice and watching them plummet can be great fun, and those chain reactions are a sight to behold that can rack up as long as there is a constant stream of enemies!

I wouldn't describe it as overpowered though, It's just.. very efficient! 

But anyway.. sssshhhhh... we dont want the devs to hear about this one! 

Edited by All Your Yeahs

lol yeah the bit where u no longer have to attack and the mod just chain reacts is not that OP as you are required to watch it in awe while holding your cuppa in one hand and a biscuit in the other.

• Haha 1

Add Power of the Ancients for homing balls of death that make it proc even better.

47 minutes ago, Zimmermann said:

whats the drop rate on that? and how can i farm it?

*cough*

It's a bizzarre bug that's been around some while that only seems to happen when you have a weapon equipped with frostfire remnants and are using earthshatter towers. 

We can only hope it won't be fixed at some time. 

Edit:

urrm.. *will

Edited by All Your Yeahs

I honestly expected a "nerf" to scaled damage from day one when Frostfire came out xD

It's OP because it's fixed damage and does not scale off of anything from heroes or towers. Two people did f200 W/ zero defense fully relying on heroes weapon mods. I wouldn't doubt players now can just cheese into f300 w/ just good weapon mods w/o any good defense, in a tower defense game lol

Edited by hailminion

37 minutes ago, hailminion said:

I honestly expected a "nerf" to scaled damage from day one when Frostfire came out xD

It's OP because it's fixed damage and does not scale off of anything from heroes or towers. Two people did f200 W/ zero defense fully relying on heroes weapon mods. I wouldn't doubt players now can just cheese into f300 w/ just good weapon mods w/o any good defense, in a tower defense game lol

Floor 200 with zero defenses? I somehow find that a little hard to believe. I wouldn't say it's quite THAT op lol.. 

Even in full chaos 8 gear, 10/10 mods, full ancient power and fully capped out assension.. Just maybe.. 

Edited by All Your Yeahs

Just now, All Your Yeahs said:

Floor 200 with zero defenses? I somehow find that a little hard to believe. 

U can join official DD2 discord. Many ppl watched em stream. and they did, I think, more than one map like that w/ no defense. I just didn't stick around after seeing one after I saw it was doable. 

Edited by hailminion

23 minutes ago, hailminion said:

U can join official DD2 discord. Many ppl watched em stream. and they did, I think, more than one map like that w/ no defense. I just didn't stick around after seeing one after I saw it was doable. 

Damn me.  In that case, I take it back. I just must be really crap at this game. Lol. 

Anti mods buff the frostbite and it procs from shattering torpedo Shard as well as shatterquake mod.

You don't need both oil and burning strikes, the burning strikes applies ignite effect regardless (and overrides the oil anyway)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

You don't need both oil and burning strikes, the burning strikes applies ignite effect regardless (and overrides the oil anyway)

It was to oil and light the Becons on the new Frost map. Since I really struggle with that map with bad mods and cant afford to run about collecting oil/fire to light them after the dragon freezes my defenses. I am still just using FA/LSA/BA/Blockades. 
I also have zero ascension and mediocre C7 gear.

18 hours ago, Zimmermann said:

It was to oil and light the Becons on the new Frost map. Since I really struggle with that map with bad mods and cant afford to run about collecting oil/fire to light them after the dragon freezes my defenses. I am still just using FA/LSA/BA/Blockades. 
I also have zero ascension and mediocre C7 gear.

Again, don't need oil chip. Burning Strikes lights the lamps / drakenlord without oil.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Again, don't need oil chip. Burning Strikes lights the lamps / drakenlord without oil.

good to know! i had it not working at one point... and was not sure why.. so I put back the original mods. and before putting the burning strikes shard in I noticed my oiling effect caused them to fill with oil. So I put 2 and 2 together and got 5, due to not testing burning strikes without any other "burn/oiling" ralated shards/mods.

Edited by Zimmermann

On 5/16/2019 at 5:33 PM, Zimmermann said:

So I just found out about the frost fire weapon mod.

Anyway I was busy AFK'ing a rather easy 103 (not because I am good, but because I bunker built and had easy lane mods) Onslaught map and and on the last wave I thought I may as well test out this new weapon mod on a lane. The map was perfect for it as I was defending really close to my core so there was huge packs of monsters in the active lanes. I fired some shots at the leading monsters and then stopped... and what happened next blue my mind!

The explosions cleared out monsters and then started to chain... more and more until the packs were getting blown to bits and the explosions were starting to head back down the lane of monsters until they were at their spawn!  

My question is, does the ground effect proc the explosions? or am I somehow with a combination of shards/mods causing this to happen?

This mod is hugely fun but on first impressions seems overpowered.

Shards/mods I am running that might be aiding this effect are:

• Shards: Sundering Blow, Lightning Touch, Burning strikes
  • Weapon mods: Piercer Chip, Oil Chip, Frostfire Remnants

The bold shards/mods might be causing this chain reaction. Anyway guys let me know if this is intended or not, maybe at "low" Onslaught levels this is no big deal compared to you guys who seem to all be at 600-1000, which frankly sounds way to mind numbing for me to even consider!

Try adding Banjaxed instead of oil and enjoy your coffe I prefer tea it’s just because it’s healthier choice