dizzydiana

Countess and Ranger

I realise with the current development of DDA getting the countess and ranger may not happen for DD2. We were told many times they were looking to complete the gender swap heroes when we asked about new heroes for DD2, but nothing happened. The implemented change after change with no sign of either the Countess or the Ranger, did they really have no time to create them? Is there any chance at all that these 2 heroes which were promised to us being brought in or have the devs completely abandoned them? I am not looking for completely new heroes, but we were told we would get the gender swaps of the main 4 heroes around 2 years ago and I would like them to uphold their promise.

• Like 4

Yes please! However, if they have the same skills and more importantly - towers, than I'd rather these 2 come out as skins/flair instead. It's a waste of a hero slot if they being nothing new, or usable (looking at you Adept) to the table IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superb_Meow said:

It would be nice to have 2 extra heroes to complete the 4 main heroes. But to be honest I have no idea what's next for DD2 besides quality of life changes?

Aside from the heroes, I am really hoping for at least an actual endgame mode/difficulty to finish up DD2's lore, the return of Dragonfall Carnival and the two maps that's on artstation. (Barbarian and Western themed map.) 

2 hours ago, hailminion said:

we will be getting new content every 6 weeks

Really? Where'd you heard that? Just curious there...

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hailminion said:

Source please.

Didn't they already say they're not working on characters this year? Or did I dream that up - cba looking back at previous streams to confirm. I would much rather have Man and Machine than more gender swaps.

im totally on board with this topic, have been for some time. I want countess back, i want the alt gender heroes finished as promise. The countess was my all time favorite hero.

Also, dont say the current alt genders dont bring anything to the table, cause they do. They may not be the "meta" towers or skills, but, honestly, a lot of other heroes also have nothing that no one cares about. Lavamancer being one of the more popular of the unpopular heroes, followed by mystic. Doesnt mean they dont bring anything to the table, it's just stuff most gamers here dont want. Id imagine that's because they arent suitable for pushing onslaught difficulty >,>

ANYWAY. For the love of god, please finish the alt genders T^T

The only thing the current alt heroes contribute to is DPS setups. Between the 2 we got, only one out of the 8 defenses is new, and that 1 tower is a complete bust. They add nothing to tower building, which is the heart of this game. Their skills also lack much originality. The DPS only heroes also outshine them by far in damage, so really they are there to break up the monotony of DPS builds or are appeasing a specific play style for someone. To me, it's a wasted effort that could have been just as easily captured with a flair set instead. 

Reduced effort (as comparred to net new towers) could have easily given us some variation, especially with elements, like a poison aura instead of flame, or lightning tower in place of flame or one that shoots fireballs instead of a flame. No new towers to dream up if you at least give variations to the current defs you cannot get anywhere else. How about an Initiate aura with no elements, so you can mod it? That would be fun. Instead of a boost aura, how about a reduced enemy damage aura?

I live for towers in the game. I regularly use Lavamancer and Mystics (more than 1). The more options, the better IMO. That's why the alt heroes were so disappointing to me. With 2 non-dps specific heroes, our builds increased zero (sans that sad AA tower we do not speak of). 

So if Countess and Ranger have the same skills and defs - I'd rather not have them and waste any dev time on that task. DD2 is long overdue for a new tower set. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, hailminion said:

Where'd you hear this from?

Not to be a ball buster but afaik, this is the DD2 we are going to get. Unless Chromatic put out a recent statement stating they plan to release more content to this game, this is the DD2 we are going to keep. Hope you're content with the current state & upheld promises. 

• Like 1

I think there is a lot of subjective posts here and no one is actually wearing the CG tag, thus does not speak for or know the true answers. Now looking at the OP's start, the question posed was about the last two genderswaps and if we will get them, then the first reply gave the best answer. Drifting onto what will or wont happen with patches is outside our knowledge, as they have said they will continue updating DD2 and nothing more. Unless someone has become their new Project Manager I think stating things like "new content every 6 weeks or DD2 is the way it will stay" is getting away from the topic at hand.

15 minutes ago, Exglint said:

I think there is a lot of subjective posts here and no one is actually wearing the CG tag, thus does not speak for or know the true answers. Now looking at the OP's start, the question posed was about the last two genderswaps and if we will get them, then the first reply gave the best answer. Drifting onto what will or wont happen with patches is outside our knowledge, as they have said they will continue updating DD2 and nothing more. Unless someone has become their new Project Manager I think stating things like "new content every 6 weeks or DD2 is the way it will stay" is getting away from the topic at hand.

I appreciate your critique on how gaming forums operate. You should publish an academic dissertation over this newfound knowledge (: 

10 hours ago, Dewkin1 said:

Where'd you hear this from?

From my dream lol.  (The post 7 hours before yours, in response to Little Magic Cat.)