LAWLTA

DD:A Backer International Shipping Megathread

Oof it's worse I see they removed my reddit thread regarding refunds without messaging a reason or anything. (scroll up) 

6 hours ago, FriedKentacoBell said:

Oof it's worse I see they removed my reddit thread regarding refunds without messaging a reason or anything. (scroll up) 

Assuming I'm looking at the correct threads (since you linked them), it looks like they removed by AutoMod due to reporting.

Regarding any kind of refund regarding the shipping costs, please contact our support through BackerKit, and they will begin to process either the shipping cost or a full refund for your pledge.

So many personal opinions, maybe they should start responding to the support tickets 

1 minute ago, LAWLTA said:

Assuming I'm looking at the correct threads (since you linked them), it looks like they removed by AutoMod due to reporting.

Regarding any kind of refund regarding the shipping costs, please contact our support through BackerKit, and they will begin to process either the shipping cost or a full refund for your pledge.

Just got the email from the BackerKit ticket, thanks for responding.

2 hours ago, FriedKentacoBell said:

Just got the email from the BackerKit ticket

What email did you received ? 

One from CG or the automated email when you send a ticket ? When did you send the ticket ? 

I received this 

=========

Hello,

Regarding

the shipping costs you inquired about, we have four options available to you. They are the following:

Keep your pledge.

Pay the shipping cost and receive the physical goods: We'll also give you 3,300 Gems for Dungeon Defenders II as a thank you!

Keep your pledge.

Pay the shipping cost and NOT receive the physical goods: We'll refund your shipping cost and also give you 1,100 Gems for Dungeon Defenders II as a thank you!

Downgrade your pledge

below $40 through BackerKit to a lower pledge tier, and use refunded credits to purchase additional items.

Cancel your pledge

and get refunded.

These

are the only options we have available to us, as to why, we’ve

outlined here. Please let us know which you’d

like moving forward and we’ll be sure to make sure it happens.

Best,

CG

Support

=========

Submitted ticket at backer kit 10 days ago ish and responded last Saturday on not wanting gems but a refund. 

Now getting this copy pasta response, reacted with the exact same "I'd like a refund. Cancel my pledge" 

Hope it doesn't take another week of processing. And that they refund it now. 

Ok thank you, I sent my ticket for full refund Saturday, so during the weekend. I will probably have an answer at the end of the week.

ok je suis pas le seul à avoir eu ce problème lol, moi je trouve ça correct de se faire rembourser les 30euros et de ne pas avoir un t-shirt tout pourrie et une affiche moche :)

par contre ne pas répondre aux gens pendant 2 semaines c'est super moche mais bon.

aller courage les gars bisous

• Thanks 1

Same here just received the message that my pledge has been refunded.

Thank you CG and good luck with DD:A. I hope you can deliver it on time without bugs.

I have a dilemma, i dont like DD2 but i really like the t-shirt. Would it be possible that instead of giving us something in Dungeon Defenders 2 which i dont play, giving us something in Dungeon Defenders Awakened which would have alot more use since thats the game i pledged for. It could be the first 3 dlcs for free or something like that. All in all i really like that you take responsebility for the issue.

Posted (edited)

Just found out about this thread now thanks to the recent kickstarter project update and, having some experience importing stuff, got to say I'm quite disappointed...

First of all, shipping a t-shirt and poster to Europe using the cheapest method (which is usually USPS) should only cost $10~$15, $20 max if you add tracking and insurance. So I find it ludicrous how you charged us $30 and still say you're covering part of the costs...

Second, I do hope you mark the packages as Gift, which they are, so customs won't ask us for an invoice to pay import taxes over the items' value, which we won't have.  (Shipping companies, like DHL, FedEx, etc also like to come up with their own additional fees on top of customs, so again, do hope you'll be using USPS for international shipping.)

Thirdly, as others have stated, it would make much more sense if you gave us an additional key for DDA or season pass as compensation. Although I enjoyed DD2 during beta, I wasn't much of a fan of how the finished product turned out.

Edited by Sunny4
  • Like 2

@LAWLTA, Any update on when  we are likely to receive our gems or an ETA when physical goods will be shipped? No rush just curious as nothing has been mentioned since this post was made.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dizzydiana said:

@LAWLTA, Any update on when  we are likely to receive our gems or an ETA when physical goods will be shipped? No rush just curious as nothing has been mentioned since this post was made.

Gems is going to be when we lock orders (which we're giving time on that still, as we still have people changing their tiers, and we cannot do so after orders are locked). Physical goods are closer to release.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

Gems is going to be when we lock orders (which we're giving time on that still, as we still have people changing their tiers, and we cannot do so after orders are locked). Physical goods are closer to release.

Thanks, I was wondering why we had not heard on the gems. I understand some backers may of needed more time to get their order to their satisfaction, I had dealt with mine virtually the second i received my survey xd. I just didnt think this was still being dealt with at this stage. As I said I am in no rush, just wondered what was happening since no statement had been made. May I please ask you again to try to be more proactive with details and communicate more often on how things are proceeding. It does your company harm to leave us backers feeling ignored and forgotten. it can look a little like "Now we have your money, we dont care". I know this is not intended, but you are developing a reputation for poor communication. This has been a long standing issue which makes it difficult to recommend others to invest in DDA at this point.

• Like 3