So I ordered the kickstarter $100 tier because it had a 4-pack that I was going to give out to friends, I thought it was just be codes so they could decide what platform they wanted it on. It's asking me to select the platforms I want to get them on now. I've seen that it's cross platform so I can play on my computer and then when I want to sit on my couch I can play on ps4 and then when I want to go out I can play on my switch. How does that work? If I can go from one to another then it doesn't seem like an account is tied to a device so why am I being asked to choose the platform format? It seems like it's tied to an account and not a download or platform. I don't know what format they will want it on primarily when it comes out. Also is it possible to sign in to multiple accounts on a single switch, we have 1 switch but 3 people in my house might be getting the game as well and was wondering if we could switch accounts at will on a single device depending on who wants to play.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

they have not mentioned that cross platform play will be in this game. they did mention that they will do cross saves though. this means you can play the game on one platform, save your game, then play your save game on a different platform. For example: you need 2 copies for yourself if you wish to play on an xbox and then PC. 

you would need 3 copies if you want to play your game on PC, ps4, and switch so you would end up with 1 extra copy for one of your friends.

Not sure how it works on Switch, but on Xbox, the account that has purchased the game has to be signed in  in order for other accounts to play the game unless that xbox is your primary device (Home Xbox)

Edited by super_slayan
added more info

Cross play is something they are hoping for but cannot promise (Sony cough cough). As super_slayan mentioned you will need a key for each platform you wish to play on and cross saves will be in effect to allow you to pick up where you left of. From what was mentioned I would assume there will be some sort of main account information stored to tie all the different platforms together, As for your friends/family it should be possible for them to sign in to their account and play DDA separately. I am also not sure on if they would need different keys since I only use one account on my switch. I also have no clue how local co-op would work with the switch especially with just one device the size of the screen makes me think if possible I'd probably on use it on a TV only for co-op.