Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not a lot of expectations since this is my second. So yeah but it cost a lot per reset. Any suggestions how I can save time and gp per resets besides guilding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Join public groups to get carried (at least partway)
  • Use the Discord LFG channel to search for people climbing the same floors and team up
  • Create a spreadsheet of mats/resources you will need and spend time farming / purchasing them beforehand to create a cache.
  • GRIND BABY, GRIND!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gold wise: Not really, 1m - 2m gold per AP is kinda a must if you have no gild shards (if u plan to get gild shards prior to AP, u gota think abt the time part, and I don't think that's worth it personally)

Time wise: Not really faster way w/o the "2x speed" option lol. Getting familiar with maps and placement of defenses can contribute a bit in efficiency. 

I can give you a rough time sheet for reference. 

AP 1 - 10: 2 hrs each

AP 11-14: 3 hrs each

AP 15-22: 4 hrs each

AP 23-27: 4-5 hrs each

AP 27+ : 5-7 hrs each

 

Edit: One small trick I was doing during AP to save gold, was to upgrade shards 80-90% the way up instead of 100%. Last couple updates generally cost more. It's not a lot, but does add up little by little slowly. 

Edited by hailminion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The replied was expected like farming, grind, etc. I guess no hacks and short cut in this rout, I gotta look for better alternatives something no common and efficient thier gotta be a better way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Neoneo said:

I gotta look for better alternatives something no common and efficient thier gotta be a better way. 

the time table I give is a rough range. a map is a map. No matter how efficient you are, you'll always spend 6-10 min on a map. And you will always have to do 10 maps per AP at beginning, 15 maps per AP after 10, and slowly to 30 maps every AP as you approach AP 30.

Unless you find and willing to risk some ban-worthy hacks for running DD2 at 2 times the speed, or jump from f50 to f80 in 2 maps, there's no way around it. 

Edited by hailminion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear hail I appreciate the info, and I guess it’s obviously miss understood about what I wrote about hack, what I’ve meant it it’s just being efficient in playing the game without less cost on gold and faster route in doing reset in less time. No worries I got some plans planed out for efficient but can’t share it yet until proven 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently starting my ninth reset can knock one out a day. 

Have 2mill gold upgrade your weapon Man fully chaos 7 and defender medals to upgrade speed and crit damage etc. 

 

Uograde defense rate rate on earth shatter tower and just run onslaught map. Making sure you hope for a medallion to drop. Equip this to the earth shatter and replace every time you get a better one. 

 

Do the same for harpoon or air defence equipping whatever you find on the floor. 

 

With the ascension points you should be able to clear whatever map you start on. Once you find a medallion it’s onwards and upward. 

 

I find it gets awkward floor 31+ though when the frosts get involved. Plain sailing up to that point using just those defences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, malf said:
  • Join public groups to get carried (at least partway)
  • Use the Discord LFG channel to search for people climbing the same floors and team up
  • Create a spreadsheet of mats/resources you will need and spend time farming / purchasing them beforehand to create a cache.
  • GRIND BABY, GRIND!

I still havent done a reset yet.

does this mean you need to grind each chaos difficulty etc to upgrade your relics? I assume I would keep my existing relics as they have all the nice mods that I want. Please tell me you don't lose those right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You keep your existing relics but they revert to campaign level... low stats etc. However using gold you can just level them up to chaos 7 straight away if you have enough gold. Although I would only upgrade what you need to get to the next AP. 

Just run onslaught from the get go... it will drop higher chaos stuff sooner and will eventually get you to chaos 7 stuff. 

I was was reluctant but seems worth it because when you find better quality mods. Just transferr them on reset (campaign level) and is much cheaper etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Although I would only upgrade what you need to get to the next AP. 

 

after my first reset, how do i determine when my next AP is?

maybe im miss understanding.

As I understand it: I go to like Onslaught level 100+ on my first reset, then do i climb to 100 again each reset? or just to 30?

I will obviously only upgrade the relics/gear im using on my core heroes. which is basically 4 relics, maybe 5 (no longer really use SGT's as they are poop XD)

I also guess i would upgrade my squire and my ranged monk gear too.

 

 

Edited by Zimmermann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AP goes like this: climb for min asc → reset as soon as hitting target floor (so 30, 31, etc) → final climb or climb for min asc again → reset however many times u want as soon as u hit target floors → final climb. 

The last thing I would recommend anyone do is to upgrade relic(s)/gear(s) while on AP runs, for how mat consuming and gold consuming it is. (ofc, if u are rich with tons of material and swim in abundant of gold and have nothing to spend em on, by all means upgrade away).

Recommend checking out Juicebag's youtube video, where he talks about throw-away relics (tradable relics) you use on every AP, in order to avoid all the mat/gold cost from upgrades, and reset efficiently. 

Edited by hailminion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zimmermann said:

after my first reset, how do i determine when my next AP is?

maybe im miss understanding.

As I understand it: I go to like Onslaught level 100+ on my first reset, then do i climb to 100 again each reset? or just to 30?

I will obviously only upgrade the relics/gear im using on my core heroes. which is basically 4 relics, maybe 5 (no longer really use SGT's as they are poop XD)

I also guess i would upgrade my squire and my ranged monk gear too.

Every time you AP Reset:

  • All gear across all characters and inventory or vault slots will be reset to campaign level (including the mods in them).
  • All unguilded shards will be reset to the base level.
  • Your ascension rank will be reset to your minimum ascension level and all characters will have their ascension point allocation refunded.
  • All gear in your player shop will be removed (and returned to your inventory for free) and reset to campaign level.
  1. For 1st AP Reset
    • Gild as Many Shards as you deem 'important'
    • Collect up Gold and Mats resources to quicken following resets
    • Push as high in Onslaught as you feel comfortable to increase your Talent Caps and Minimum Ascension. Common breakpoints:
      • Floor ~50: unlocks minimum Ascension 250+, so that you never need to farm ascension in order to reset.
      • Floor 100: arbitrary initial high number
      • Floor ~273: close to max (999) Talent Caps unlocked and ~3000 minimum Ascenscion unlocked (can cap a 999 power in every Ascension tree)
      • Floor 600: ~6000 minimum Ascension (can cap 2x 999 power in every tree - e.g. Hero HP & Hero Dmg, or 2 defenses, etc.)
  2. For Subsequent AP Resets
    • Reset as quickly as possible.
    • Each reset will:
      • Min: increase the Onlsaught floor you can start on (you will either need to upgrade your gear with mats, get carried, or use your ascension to get to you clear higher floors. This will increase all the way to floor 50 and for some initial resets this might not happen.
      • Target: increase the Onslaught floor you need to reach (starting with 30). This will increase all the way to floor 80 for some initial resets this might not happen.
    • Just open up your 'Power' screen from the inventory and you will see the Target onslaught floor you need to reach. (Assuming your minimum ascension is higher than 250, you can forget about this requirement).
  3. (Optional Onslaught Push)
    • After 10-20+ resets, you might decide to consildate your gear, shards, gold, etc. and push to a new Onslaught Floor breakpoint.
  4. For Subsequent/Remaining AP Resets
    • There are currently ~70 odd AP Resets you can do to unlock all available Ancient Powers.
    • I think you might be able to get even more resets to increase the GOLD/XP % boosts, but the AP points will be wasted.
  5. Final Onslaught Push

#3, #4, can be repeated often before going for #5

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@malf thanks man!!

I have one final question, why do I need mats?

Assuming I only use 4-5 relics for each AP reset, and it only costs gold to upgrade them. Do I need mats to upgrade the mods on my relics? or will they auto upgrade to higher tiers as I upgrade the relic?

Basically I dont know which mats I need and why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zimmermann said:

@malf thanks man!!

I have one final question, why do I need mats?

Assuming I only use 4-5 relics for each AP reset, and it only costs gold to upgrade them. Do I need mats to upgrade the mods on my relics? or will they auto upgrade to higher tiers as I upgrade the relic?

Basically I dont know which mats I need and why.

To upgrade any piece of gear: Weapon, Armor, or Relic; you need a combination of:

  • Resources: Gold or Def. Medals
  • Mats: Chaos & Gear-Specific Mats

Additionally, if the upgrade will advance the gear item from 1 chaos level to another (e.g. Chaos 1 -> Chaos 2), you also need the target Chaos specific item (relic/token?).
More info: https://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Tinker_Materials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks alot buddy @malf

That does look like a long boring grind. But I guess I can binge watch some TV as I can just AFK the lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zimmermann said:

Thanks alot buddy @malf

That does look like a long boring grind. But I guess I can binge watch some TV as I can just AFK the lot.

hehe, nps. Anytime for a fellow defender.

Especially the OG Monk! Still recall reusing a lot of your monk strats back in the day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind - it is not necessary at all to do resets. You can play and beat everything in DD2 without ever resetting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Keep in mind - it is not necessary at all to do resets. You can play and beat everything in DD2 without ever resetting. 

I don't believe you can reach extremely high onslaught floors without the added benefit of resetting.

Your statement is wholly contingent on what you define as "everything in DD2". I strongly suspect that the answer to that is highly subjective to the type of player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Unless you are serious about pushing high onslaught and instead just casually playing around, it's pretty much everything about DD2 as of this era.

Chaos 7 expeditions, Chaos 7 incursions, and Mastery, Gilding, M.O.D.S. hunting for the gear setup. They are all doable without reset. Pushing high onslaught is just an option. There isn't any enticing reason to reset other than that. It's not like there is a new unique gamemode with unique difficulties that require ancient power to beat that or even to unlock it. There isn't any true roadmap currently on why we're getting all the power. What forces are we going battle after getting stronger "training in the realm of Onslaught"? Yes, I used the word training as we aren't even fighting the true enemy.

If only Ancient power/high onslaught could become an integral part of the game's roadmap with good payoffs instead of just being an option.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

If only Ancient power/high onslaught could become an integral part of the game's roadmap with good payoffs instead of just being an option.

Incoming new difficulty - Massacre I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII; can only be unlocked by reaching f300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900. 

like this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, malf said:

I don't believe you can reach extremely high onslaught floors without the added benefit of resetting.

Your statement is wholly contingent on what you define as "everything in DD2". I strongly suspect that the answer to that is highly subjective to the type of player.

All of Campaign, Adventure, Incursions, Mastery, Expeditions, all trophies and achievements, every piece of gear and weapon, every shard, every MOD, all flair, and every game title is available without having to reset. There is nothing on floor 999 on Onslaught that you cannot get from floors under 100. The only thing you get on high Onslaught is a floor number and pride. If that's your thing, go for it, but everything that DD2 has to offer can be achieved without resetting or having god like skills. There are indeed players on high floors who have never reset, so even that is not limited either.

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, hailminion said:

Incoming new difficulty - Massacre I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII; can only be unlocked by reaching f300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900. 

like this?

It's more like completing Mastery and reaching like AP 11 unlocks the Annihilation gamemode. (A more refined idea. Will make a thread about it.) Then you would be able to play Nightmare as a taste of the Harbinger's oncoming second invasion. Once you reached AP 30, you now unlock Macabre which is a way harder version of nightmare with new enemies.

When you reach 4000 minimum asc. (which does requiring climbing semi-high onslaught, right?) You unlock the Forbidden difficulty. The harbinger's assault has once again failed. It's time for the Old Ones to show it's wrath. Not for the faint of heart. But you've trained greatly in the Realm of Onslaught. The mananode has prepared you for this. Rise up to the threat!

I like your idea of the 00s milestones. Would be a great incentive to climb if those floors awards a flair set. With each set getting more prestigious looking as you climb.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh, i like that concept a lot. Love these ideas!

If they would just remove tbe whole "all gear goes to zero" part of resets, that is an ap process i could get behind. Just one thing missing though - a reason to need that difficulty level. It would need to unlock gear, shards, and mods to really make it something worth pushing for IMO. We need like 1 more gamemode beyond Onslaught, that you use Onslaught to reach. A true high endgame mode. That would get me to chase and grind for it. I just can't run in a circle any longer only for a larger floor number. I need a new carrot on my stick to chase. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Ooh, i like that concept a lot. Love these ideas!

If they would just remove tbe whole "all gear goes to zero" part of resets, that is an ap process i could get behind. Just one thing missing though - a reason to need that difficulty level. It would need to unlock gear, shards, and mods to really make it something worth pushing for IMO. We need like 1 more gamemode beyond Onslaught, that you use Onslaught to reach. A true high endgame mode. That would get me to chase and grind for it. I just can't run in a circle any longer only for a larger floor number. I need a new carrot on my stick to chase. 

And that's what Annihilation is for! :) I too, can't play onslaught forever aside from the factor of we're aren't even fighting the real enemy. And I need a major break from Chaos/incursion enemies too.

And it's also a very good place to use unused DD2 materials from the early MOBA days for the new enemies. (For Macabre)

In fact, I'm even quite excited with the prospect of fighting them than Chaos/Incursion currently!

jordan-kerbow-lilwitch.jpg?1443242425

jordan-kerbow-southernsiege.jpg?1443242425

jordan-kerbow-werewolf.jpg?1443242423

jordan-kerbow-siege.jpg?1443242415

jordan-kerbow-spiderqueen.jpg?1464829797

jordan-kerbow-waspqueen.jpg?1443242420

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

not gonna lie, I'm lovin' this discussion and suggestions now! Those are especially some pretty badass designs!

<3

Edited by malf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...