Zuvell

Updates for DD2

I have a few suggestions I will feel will help end game. First the issues. Bosses are still getting stuck in doors, maps are sometimes not letting you start even after everyone confirms start, the menu is still super glitchy after each wave and constantly moves your pointer around, and dryads bees still do not attack some bosses or undead enemies. Now to touch basis with quality of life. I would love the ability to see things on towers from the menu screen such as elemental marker, dps, range and other effects. Also when will we be able to gild hypershards? It appears you have it coded but haven't given us a way to do it. Also I believe power pylon and health pylon should count as buffs and should affect servos regarding buffs. Also these shards should be able to work on the monks boost aura to increase players use of an otherwise useless tower endgame. Also the introduction of new incursions and a power test to skip levels in onslaught would be helpful also. Last thing I'd like to see is additional secondary gear like the Squires shield or the barbarians second weapon. Why not give the monk a banner, or the dryad roots? Just food for thought. One of the biggest updates in my opinion is increasing synergy and adding more descriptions to the already existing items we have. To increase replay and maintain people's interest you must help them understand how to flow into a stronger force. Also rerolling secondary traits on gear and relics would be awesome too so we can reach perfection by another means this grinding and praying we didnt accidently sell a perfect stat item or put some kind of icon on weapons and relics with perfect stats and give us a warning when we try to sell it. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1

Hello Zuvell, welcome to the forums.

Personally I would like to see the defenses that are useless or not used often, given some love. Such defenses: Harpy's perch? buff beam, and any others that people think need some love. Truth is, it has been said before about giving some defenses some love but ultimately only a few? get it. This is probably the last time I even mention it because I don't want to keep saying about it and overall it doesn't happen.

Would like to have the developers tell us what registers as defense buffs and hero buffs. What the weapon stats mean when you view them in inventory.

What is being worked on now for the next update (don't have to tell us the exact details but just a general direction of the update)

Also like you mentioned about squire and barbarian having extra gear and therefore shards slots/mod slots, perhaps it would be nice for other heroes to have 1 extra gear.

I have put alot of hours into this game, it's currently my fave game and has been for a while. It would be soo nice if we could talk with a developer(s) and just have a respectful conversation about ideas and direction of the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zuvell said:

I would love the ability to see things on towers from the menu screen such as elemental marker, dps, range and other effects.

Also when will we be able to gild hypershards? It appears you have it coded but haven't given us a way to do it.

Also I believe power pylon and health pylon should count as buffs and should affect servos regarding buffs. Also these shards should be able to work on the monks boost aura to increase players use of an otherwise useless tower endgame.

Decided to break up the parts to make it easier to read. Next, I would like to know just how much you play the game or how well you know the setups people use and how the game itself works.

First point you had. Elemental in menu, sure. Dps range and other effects, not so much. Aside from the technical requirement of doing that, defenses do checks often to see what changes their dps and for the most part a menu dps is useless. Range can be seen when placed so I dont see the reason for having it in the menu. The stats that do appear in menus are actually more valuable for those who do break down and understand how the defenses work so we can best fit it up with shards/mods/etc to make the most of them without wasting stats or mod slots.

Your second point. Gilding Hyper shards is something that came with a blanket UI implementation for shards. The game looks and says "Is shard?" *Yes* "Then show upgrade UI" then moves onto "Is shard max level?" *Yes* "Show gilding UI" It does not care what kind of shard it is or where you got it just that it is a shard. We will only ever get one Hyper Shard and they will never be gildable.

Your third point I quoted above makes little sense to me. The "Otherwise useless tower endgame" part is where you lost me. First there is a hyper shard like Power Pylon called Destructive Pylon, it is the 6th Hyper you get. Part of what makes this shard Hyper is that it can be used in any defense. Next, Boost Aura is probably one of the most used defenses in the game at any level past chaos 1-2. People have many different configurations but that defense is pretty much part of any build and probably the one true meta defense. Using it in combination with a Destructive Pylon near it can double the dps of my FA, and Im not exactly in the lower areas of the game.

Though there was a thing in there about rerolling secondary stats and I fully support that. +1

I've only awoken 10 times and never see anyone use the aura tower because its costly and there are blockades that do better (40 energy per). I'm only asking about guilding hyper shards because it costs alot to max them back out each time you wake.

Also why do we not have a feature to auto deposit crafting materials into our crafting bank. I understand "some"may complain about a more convient system, but for those whose 8 bags fill rather quickly, this would be helpful.

On 5/14/2019 at 2:48 PM, Zuvell said:

Those only work on blockades as per the shard

Power Pylon only works on Blockades, Destructive Pylon works on anything

On 5/14/2019 at 2:50 PM, Zuvell said:

I've only awoken 10 times and never see anyone use the aura tower because its costly and there are blockades that do better (40 energy per). I'm only asking about guilding hyper shards because it costs alot to max them back out each time you wake.

Idk what to tell you, anyone who is in the later areas of the game use Boost Aura, its just that powerful atm

895580244_FAAlone.png.dc9df2e0a76608bdd3682f526f52adb8.png

This is my Flame aura alone it has 2 anti mods and a max rate mod on a c8 relic, with Destruction, Mass Destruction and Deadly

188042612_FAwithDpylon.png.44323955fe88b722ddab417fa8037704.png

This is with a 20 DU defense next to it with Destructive Pylon giving the noticeable bump of about 640k dps or about 1/3 of my prior dps

2009253828_FAwithBA.png.f89fee528add0d8bede87dcfe4d48767.png

This is with Boost Aura alone. It is also c8 with gilded shards and 10 mods giving about 480k dps or near 1/4 of my prior dps

281292835_FAwithBAandDpylon.png.1ca400b1cf65037b46e6c015e711f73a.png

Putting both Destructive Pylon and Boost Aura down gives me this. Double of my prior is 3.42m so this is like a 90% increase to dps, keeping in mind that the FA and 20 DU defense are the only ones in the BA at the time and I place more defenses to get more out of the Diverse Power Servo on the BA, I can easily double the dps of every single defense in the BA.

So essentially, if you have 140 DU worth of defenses down You can place BA and a 20 DU defense, 60 DU total, to add 140 DU worth of dps to your setup. That gives you 200 DU worth on the lane with an effective 280 DU worth of dps. How is that worthless in any way? Also Im well above 124 and still using all of that with much success, so I do not believe it is a useless tower.

• Like 2

Would be nice if there was an endless mode kinda like the old onslaught, where you pick a map and there are endless waves of enemies, that get stronger every x  waves, so players can grind xp & gold without having to switch map and wait through numerous loading screens. 

2 hours ago, Synevo said:

Would be nice if there was an endless mode kinda like the old onslaught, where you pick a map and there are endless waves of enemies, that get stronger every x  waves, so players can grind xp & gold without having to switch map and wait through numerous loading screens. 

Another nice thing would be text chat on consoles.