Sign in to follow this  
Dewkin1

Developers left this game in a broken state

This game is beyond broken in its current state with little to no communication on fixes that are coming.

I’ve invested a lot of time & money into this game since alpha & I would deter any new player from trying dungeon defenders 2. The game is a cauldron of bugs & unplayable lag with no communication regarding fixes. The development team is most likely too focused on Dungeon Defenders Awakened to care or support this game any longer. 

There are better games out there that don’t leave the player feeling neglected and abandoned. The end game of onslaught is in complete disarray, especially Lost Temple (floor 814 on lost temple https://m.imgur.com/a/QDZp9T9 )

The recent hotfixes have been questionable as well & have upset the vast majority of the player base, meanwhile neglecting the myriad of bugs that have been around for months and still leaving onslaught/lost temple in a broken mess. 

It’s unfortunate to see the dungeon defenders franchise continue to plummet after their success with the first dungeon defenders, I hold an affinity for the tower defense genre & really do hope chromatic games can pull off Dungeon Defenders Awakened. But after seeing how they’re leaving dungeon defenders 2 & the questionable decisions, I’ve pulled my Kickstarter backing for DDA & have begun to lose faith in this franchise. 

As a beloved fan, I’ll be wishing chromatic games the best of luck & hopeful they’ll be willing to learn from their mistakes

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm sorry I was lost when you said floor 814 lol. I only hit 55. Anyways the menu glitch after waves where it keeps moving forcing you to slow down when selling things is a nuisance. Also we get a bank for our crafting materials but no way to auto deposit? What is that. That and bosses are still getting stuck and maps sometimes still dont start, and split screen forces you to main menu when going to a full lobby in town instead of treating you as part of a party. I dont urge people not to play, but I think trendy needs to dedicate staff to dd2 because some of us wont be jumping to a remake of 1. Adding those maps to dd2 would be awesome such as a classic mode, but why make a new game? Just improve your current one. That's my opinion though. Some of my favorite games have done updates moved to a new console but never made a 2. Killer instinct for instance on xbox one is completely different then when it first dropped. I promise you stay focused on one game and make it the best experience ever no one will seek another tower defense game.

• Like 1

DD2 works waaaay better now than when i started playing over a year ago, so i am not buying into it being a 'beyond broken' game. Sure it has adjustments that are needed, but considering it started out as an mmoba, and has changed metas at least a half dozen times - there is a ton of changes that have happened, which almost always means bugs. It is unlikely DD2 will ever be done or perfect, especially since we all cannot agree what perfect for DD2 even looks like. Its a grinding game. Best advice IMO - Quit playing when the grind ceases to be fun. Plenty of other grind games out there to hold us all over until DDA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s sad but majority of the time for me is AFK farming. I’ve set up the perfect defence in one map that I don’t even look at my screen anymore. I’ll watch something on my laptop and end turn here and there. I wish they could cut down the grinding significantly. 

• Like 2

If you don't have any challenging content to play anymore, then you have finished the game.

OP, if you're at floor 814, you probably have more than 200 bours of playtime?

You can safely play something else if you're fed up.

The bugs are not that annoying during the first 50 bours of gameplay, and 50 hours of fun is more than most game would give you.

DD2 is not supposed to be played forever.......

• Like 1

Game isn't perfect but what game is / DD2 is a great game way better now than it was 

The Bugs are out of Control,  and I’m especially worried about leadership  Since I feel the last two updates have been awful. (Looking at Elandrian😉)

Im only on floor 200 but feel the Devs have really dropped the ball as of late and this is why I was worried about DDA. 

DD2  is suffering , because of DDA. 😑

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, uzar said:

Can I have your stuff :) 

only if I can steal yours

I don’t even know if they test this game anymore. Like, did they not play the game before the latest patch and realize petrify was overpowered? Why the f do they release a new combo and immediately nerf it AFTER release? Why not just fix it before releasing it? Makes me lose faith.

Posted (edited)

This is what I guess, the process went

Expectation:  Dec. - Feb. → Develop ; First 1/2 of Mar. → Testing ; Second 1/2 of Mar. - Balancing ; end of Mar. → Release update

Reality: Dec. - Feb → DDA ; First 1/2 of Mar. → DDA ; second 1/2 of Mar. - Develop ; End of Mar. → crap, let's extend the deadline, more develop ; first 1/2 of Apr. → Develop ; Apr. 16th → we gota stick to the rule and Test+Balance b4 release ; Apr. 17th → Release update

Edited by hailminion

There is still testing although the NDA prevents testers from discussing what goes on there. Bugs may or may not be found during tests and even if found may not be fixed before update launches. Perhaps more time should go towards finding bugs before updates launch and time to fix them. They may even be rushing some updates so they can concentrate on DDA who knows. They have said that they are pulling back anything significant and only focussing on QOL stuff so much of our issues will probably remain.