Martin Arcainess

My Issue with Dark Assassins

Hello all, how we doing?

Well after a short break I'm back onto DD2 for abit and that means hanging out with my fav mob. Dark Assassins (DA)

DA's are something that sounds cool but also stupidly annoying IF you need to do some hero action. I.E taking out the Draken Lord. I had a few issues earlier with taking him out as I kept getting DA. DA's could work in the game but not when Draken Lord is out. 

• Like 2

there is a mod which totally counters DA if you need. Otherwise they are easily stunned by a any of those defenses (rated from most effective in my opinion):

1. Manufacturer with shock revelation

2. Earthshaker tower with toss

3. Gaysers

4. Canons with stun fire

5. water + storm combo on any defense

There are also many other ways:

1. get barbarian and turtle stance totally counters them

2. Get your Hp as high as you can and they stop attacking you after a while

3. Skyguard towers attacks them too

There is one exception which is harder to deal - that is headstrong assasin - this is harder but duable with enough hp.

Hope this helps.

All the above +

HS Assassin can be countered by Barb turtle stance. I build a kill box when I don't wanna use Barb, standing into the kill box to kill em fast enuf helps a bit as long as you don't get one-shotted. 

Posted (edited)

It depends what affixes they are:

If not headstrong, then any stun combo (shock, stun, petrify) will break their hold. Drakenlord's Soul and Shackled also help. If you got a Taser Suit shard, that gives you a chance to shake them off when they hit.

If headstrong, then either use a hero with a high amount of life and armor, have an ally Book Drop them or use Barbarian and activate Turtle Stance before they get onto you then slay them with sheer force.

Either method, they count as Melee/Chaos so having those Anti-X mods helps. Skarnash is that + Miniboss.

Although not mentioned, the Mystic's Call to Madness with Debilitating Madness stacks on another 50% more damage while inside it. 

Edited by ChrisH36

Just to add, not forgetting any gato pet with Sparkle Party will also peel the non headstring ones off you. And if I recall, any gato pet with water damage can roll Soothing Water which will instantly heal you to full health and has a short cooldown. Useful in many situations as well as dealing with the stabbies. 

DA is a walk in the park, just get stronger and let him stab you all day long eventually when your strong enough, he would just tickle you and just get tired and die, sometimes I think I see him down under the sewer crying and planning that his attack only works on girly characters, girly also means weaker. If your character is still girly then make an umbrella of FA crank it up high and stay thier. That’s all about you have to do no need to cry like DA, there are bigger boys in onslaught 

23 hours ago, atharix said:

there is a mod which totally counters DA if you need. Otherwise they are easily stunned by a any of those defenses (rated from most effective in my opinion):

1. Manufacturer with shock revelation

2. Earthshaker tower with toss

3. Gaysers

4. Canons with stun fire

5. water + storm combo on any defense

My favorite thing is just proton with frosty beams.  For whatever reason they always instantly freeze right when you walk on the beam.  It's probably a bug but oh well.

Huntress Water Geyser is the only 100% removal method I am aware of. All others require time for the def to activate, and a % chance at the stun being successful. All the rest, you have to wait on their firing speed and shot cycle, but for the geyser (assuming not being used at that time) will remove the DA the second you step on it. 

I also like Viper Fang bubbles (and obelisk) for removing DAs. 

Anything that disables an enemy will work though. Just freeze/stun/petrify the DA after it latches onto you. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, All Your Yeahs said:

And if I recall, any gato pet with water damage can roll Soothing Water which will instantly heal you to full health and has a short cooldown. Useful in many situations as well as dealing with the stabbies. 

Any pet with water dmg can roll the Soothing Waters ability and it heals you for a percentage multiplier of your hero dmg stat, so a high hp hero with a low hero dmg stat may not be healed fully

If you play Chaos 6 or 7, the assassins will always come when a boss arrives, it’s purposely intended. When a boss arrives just wait, no matter how endangered your defence is, the Assassin will arrive slightly late. 

Surprise no one has said the Abysal Lord, one ability and they’re off you. 

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty used that those fellows now. Sure, they can be quite frustrating (even more so with DK), but they look quite darn cool!

There's only one thing I really wish to be done with them - Make them have some difference in terms of looks with Altar Assassins from incursions. Currently they just look like mini altar assassins.

If they just look like this (below), it would be great! This pic is part of TE's DD2 concept art.

dark_assassin_by_3nrique_d7gvth0-pre.jpg.c0953650b0af124bfe72b4d5f6198c81.jpg

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2