Sign in to follow this  
Superb_Meow

Servo discussion

Hello,

I was wondering how some of the damage based servo's compare to each other. Such as anti vs boom vs elemental vs crit dmg.

For now I have a relic or two that are this combo: Power + Anti + Tenacity (this is for proton beam).

Posted (edited)

To be most efficient, you want to stack Anti servos together, as they stack multiplicatively.

Example:

• max Anti-melee: 60% dmg increase
  • max Anti-chaos: 60% dmg increase

• Additive: 1 + (0.6 + 0.6) = 2.2 := 120% dmg increase
  • Multiplicative: 1 * 1.6 * 1.6 = 2.56 := 156% dmg increase

versus

• max Power server: + ~8k DP := 8 / 60* = 0.133... := ~14%** dmg increase
    * discounting Ancient Powers or Talent Cap increase, overall relic defense is ~52k whilst using Destruction shard - I'm using 60k as a random higher baseline.
    ** I have a strong feeling that this number is too low and I've messed up my calculation somehow. But I'm fairly certain that even if it's wrong, the overall conclusion is still accurate.

Additionally, for any defense that can be affected by a disable (Cybork / Frost Orc), a 10/10 tenacity becomes extremely useful. Alternatively, you can also utilize the Automation Hypershard (from the final hypershard reward in Mastery mode) to have the same effect as a 10/10 tenacity on a c8 mod/relic (disable protection is 'only' 95% on a 10/10 c7 mod/relic).

Edited by malf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find there is a simpler way to understand how mod stacking works so effectively.  

Say for example you have a defense that is usually hitting 1mil DPS (without any anti-mods) - 

If you add a max +60% Anti-Mele mod then that defense would now be hitting Mele enemies for 1.6mil DPS. 

Now throw in a max +60% Anti-Chaos mod on top, and the enemy being targeted happens to be both a Mele and Chaos enemy, like for example a Lady Orc, then the additional 60% would be 60% of 1.6mil (+0.96) which would mean your defense would now be dealing 2.56mil DPS to the Lady Orcs. 

Now throw in a +60% Anti-Orc mod in the mix and now that defense would be hitting those poor Beserkers for 4.096mil DPS (+60% of 2.56mil)

The only slight downside to stacking mods is for every stack, you are targeting a potentionally smaller catagory of mobs but for a higher damage.  

Though they don't stack, a favourite combo of mine is using Anti-Mele and Anti-Ranged on flame auras or poison dart towers. They are counter mods, and together make up the largest portion of the overall mob count. Both defenses can also be used effectively for flyers so are pretty universal. 

• Like 1

Thanks malf. So 2 anti servos plus a tenacity would be better for auras and proton beam, etc, right?

What about crit dmg in all of this? It's only good with power servro?

1 minute ago, Superb_Meow said:

What about crit dmg in all of this? It's only good with power servro?

This is a lot of maths, just leaving it here in case you wanna see the maths for it. TL;DR is; crit no good, power no good and anit-mod very good. (except for certain defenses like boost aura where anti-mods has no effect).

• Like 1

Just now, hajum023 said:

This is a lot of maths, just leaving it here in case you wanna see the maths for it. TL;DR is; crit no good, power no good and anit-mod very good. (except for certain defenses like boost aura where anti-mods has no effect). (Edit: crit < power unless you have all types of crit chance and damage possible at that point I am too unfamiliar to say whats better, but anti-mods are better anyways so why bother?).

All Your Yeahs  and hajum023, thank you for the information.

hajum023, i read the opening post where the maths was but i get the general idea that anti > other power servo's.

I'm wondering about my defenses going forward, I tend to prefer consistant damage over burst damage but I probably would like a mix, where

a few defenses are consistant in damage and a few are burst damage.

Posted (edited)

Two anti servos are best. But personally I would only go with a tenacity if you have a gilded defense rate shard. If not a defense rate servo is the best for that third slot as ideally you'd want to get to that rate cap for the most damage. 

In my opinion, I think tenacity servos can be a little overrated. I try and build towers mostly on cybork lanes and would only  use a tenacity on a crowd control defense such as a weapon mfr or reflect sheild with poison or earth damage. 

Edited by All Your Yeahs
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, All Your Yeahs said:

Two anti servos are best. But personally I would only go with a tenacity if you have a gilded defense rate shard. If not a defense rate servo is the best for that third slot as ideally you'd want to get to that rate cap for the most damage. 

I think tenacity servos can be a little overrated. I try and build towers mostly on cybork lanes and woild use a tenacity servo mainly on a mainly crowd control defense like a poison weapon mfr. 

So for a tower like cannonball tower, it's best to go: anti + anti + pierco?

For auras, nodes, traps: anti + anti + rate/tenacity?

You make a good point about the cybork lanes.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, for a general use cannonball, I would probably go one anti mod, piercer and rate. Or two anti mods if you have a guilded defense rate.

And for nodes auras and traps, two anti mods and rate. Or if you have a guilded defense rate, three anti's or two anti's and a range servo would be good. 

Edited by All Your Yeahs
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, hailminion said:

when ppl are lazy to do addition and multiplication we learned in elementary school xD

:juicy:

Hello hailminion,

My mental health is poor, I have OCD, anxiety, depression among other things. My ability to concentrate, to remember  and to do things efficiently are

weakened because of my mental health. I don't know whether your comment was aimed at me or just in general but please consider that

you are going to meet people from different walks of life both on the internet and in online games. What most people see as easy and elementary,

a certain percentage of people are going to find difficult/stressful/lowers self confidence. Having said all this, I wish you well and hopefully we can discuss

things DD2 related.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, All Your Yeahs said:

Yeah, for a general use cannonball, I would probably go one anti mod, piercer and rate. Or two anti mods if you have a guilded defense rate.

And for nodes auras and traps, two anti mods and rate. Or if you have a guilded defense rate, three anti's or two anti's and a range servo would be good. 

Thanks All Your Yeahs. It would be nice if we could label our relics. So if you built a relic to be for cyborks, then you could label it as such.

I also made a relic that had: crit dmg + crit chance + some other crit dmg servo........

Posted (edited)

Sure thing. 

I personally wouldn't put any tenacity on my auras since it's a sacrifice on damage output. Couple things you can do, aside from building towers on cybork lanes, which is a great strat to avoid stun. 

1. Placement: cyborks don't have great aggro range nor much vertical range. So placing auras above or under them, or at the side (1300+ range) will avoid being attacked by cyborks

2. Range: Hyper shard from Mastery or putting extra range shard/servo will help you out-range cyborks very easily even if u put it in front of them, since it'll take em a long walk to get to your auras/nodes to attack, and give you long enuf time to kill em b4 they stun your defenses, assuming they are under proper CC such as slow/stun. 

3. Having tenacity only on reflect beam, and put everything vulnerable behind. Reflect beam with tenacity 100% will protect all defenses behind, while not having to sacrifice their damage

Edited by hailminion
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, hailminion said:

Sure thing. 

I personally wouldn't put any tenacity on my auras since it's a sacrifice on damage output. Couple things you can do, aside from building towers on cybork lanes, which is a great strat to avoid stun. 

1. Placement: cyborks don't have great aggro range nor much vertical range. So placing auras above or under them, or at the side (1300+ range) will avoid being attacked by cyborks

2. Range: Hyper shard from Mastery or putting extra range shard/servo will help you out-range cyborks very easily even if u put it in front of them, since it'll take em a long walk to get to your auras/nodes to attack, and give you long enuf time to kill em b4 they stun your defenses, assuming they are under proper CC such as slow/stun. 

3. Having tenacity only on reflect beam, and put everything vulnerable behind. Reflect beam with tenacity 100% will protect all defenses behind. 

Thanks hailminion. That's interesting about not placing a tenacity on auras so as not to sacrifice damage output. Also interesting about placement when dealing with cyborks.

Edited by Superb_Meow
the word cyborks was further down....