Jump to content
Troll_dd2

WHAT'S THERE ANYMORE ON ONSLAUGHT?

Recommended Posts

For my advice, you guys should put hyper mods for rewards
Like anti-frost+orcs mod
Sounds too op? Why you guys afraid players being too "op" in a non-competitive game? (Like ruining wmfr?)
Onslaught is already a end-game stuff, just chill and let the players enjoy the game, especially you guys already focusing on DDA

Maybe every 100 floors would be nice, 150 seems hard unless you put a really strong mod reward in floor 100
Hope you guys still have interest to update dd2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did  u just steal my thread title :Emoji_Goblin:

yeah, love the idea, nv thought abt that, altho creates more of a power creep problem if they can figure out how to solve that. 

I'm currently satisfied with all those fantastic c8 shards, but I do look forward to anything as far as rewards go, when I finish gilding those good-looking c8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha sry about dat
I think putting strong mods rewards in onslaught is a nice end game goal
And anti-frost+orc in floor 100 would be necessary cause headstrong frost lane is just a bad design dat you can only kill them by high dps

btw, only 1-3 c8 shards are good-looking to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troll_dd2 said:

Why you guys afraid players being too "op" in a non-competitive game? (Like ruining wmfr?)

There is a little thing called an integer limit. This game has one and it is why you hear about enemies having 2b HP at floor 945+, this is because they are at the integer limit. They cannot get more health so realistically if you make any player do tons of damage then a blind person could play at the those floors. This is a bad thing, if any 5 year old can beat the game then no one finds it fun and then we have no playerbase and CG goes out of Business then we dont get more games like DDA or the eventual DD3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Exglint said:

There is a little thing called an integer limit. This game has one and it is why you hear about enemies having 2b HP at floor 945+, this is because they are at the integer limit. They cannot get more health so realistically if you make any player do tons of damage then a blind person could play at the those floors. This is a bad thing, if any 5 year old can beat the game then no one finds it fun and then we have no playerbase and CG goes out of Business then we dont get more games like DDA or the eventual DD3.

Of coz I didn't mean to make a new player op
But if a guy can climb 900floor, just let him get a op mod and show off, why not?
And I don't think hyper mods will be op, it just make climbing onslaught slightly easier

I am currently on floor 280, and i believe there are only 4 players 945+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Exglint said:

There is a little thing called an integer limit. This game has one and it is why you hear about enemies having 2b HP at floor 945+, this is because they are at the integer limit. They cannot get more health so realistically if you make any player do tons of damage then a blind person could play at the those floors. This is a bad thing, if any 5 year old can beat the game then no one finds it fun and then we have no playerbase and CG goes out of Business then we dont get more games like DDA or the eventual DD3.

Besides headstrong frosty lane is just a bad idea, you can only counter them with really high dps
And there is no difference between me or a 5 year old against them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Troll_dd2 said:

Of coz I didn't mean to make a new player op
But if a guy can climb 900floor, just let him get a op mod and show off, why not?
And I don't think hyper mods will be op, it just make climbing onslaught slightly easier

I am currently on floor 280, and i believe there are only 4 players 945+

Tbf they showoff enough just having that floor number next to their name, we dont need more people like that.

If your hyper mod listed above was realized that single mod would give 256% bonus damage to a Frost Gobu or Frost Orc where a single one would give 60% and two would take the extra mod slot. Where it seems through your posts you are really just trying to say Frost Orcs are terrible by the mod above and the example mutator/lane you gave, I would instead suggest making a thread about the Frost Orcs. The Frost Orcs have actually already been nerfed once, they used to completely stop defenses if only 4 were nearby, each was a flat 25% drop. Which made them much harder than today were no matter if you have 1 or 1000 Frost Orcs, they will never freeze the defense, it will only be really really slow.

15 minutes ago, Troll_dd2 said:

Besides headstrong frosty lane is just a bad idea, you can only counter them with really high dps
And there is no difference between me or a 5 year old against them

This is just part of the nature of Onslaught, the random lanes and random mutators of the game mode. Part of the pitch line they gave is a mode where each lane is different and needs its own variation of defenses to be beaten. So realistically, anything that allows spamming of the same setup on every single lanes goes against the entire idea that is Onslaught. I would hope that anyone not 5 years old would have a huge difference between them and a 5 year old, older players of games should develop strategical and tactical knowledge, something that separates them from those that dont have that. Planning and execution of each map should be something that should show between different levels of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Exglint said:

Tbf they showoff enough just having that floor number next to their name, we dont need more people like that.

If your hyper mod listed above was realized that single mod would give 256% bonus damage to a Frost Gobu or Frost Orc where a single one would give 60% and two would take the extra mod slot. Where it seems through your posts you are really just trying to say Frost Orcs are terrible by the mod above and the example mutator/lane you gave, I would instead suggest making a thread about the Frost Orcs. The Frost Orcs have actually already been nerfed once, they used to completely stop defenses if only 4 were nearby, each was a flat 25% drop. Which made them much harder than today were no matter if you have 1 or 1000 Frost Orcs, they will never freeze the defense, it will only be really really slow.

This is just part of the nature of Onslaught, the random lanes and random mutators of the game mode. Part of the pitch line they gave is a mode where each lane is different and needs its own variation of defenses to be beaten. So realistically, anything that allows spamming of the same setup on every single lanes goes against the entire idea that is Onslaught. I would hope that anyone not 5 years old would have a huge difference between them and a 5 year old, older players of games should develop strategical and tactical knowledge, something that separates them from those that dont have that. Planning and execution of each map should be something that should show between different levels of players.

It makes me wonder wt floor are you at now
I am almost 300 and my ascension lv is 3105
I can tell you the only thing I need to do to climb floor 900 is to farm "Unholy Catacombs" hours and hours (somehow they think c8 ampoule is the problem but not Prisine Citrine Cluster)
If you think dat will makes the game more fun, I got nth to say

And I can't understand your 256% vs 60% logic.
Anyway, if 60% is op they can just change it to 40%, w/e
The main point is there are no goal for players to play onsluaght, and dat is a serious problem
Adding weapon skin is not the way to fix it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a typo, I believe he means 256% vs 160%. and the logic is called multiplication in math. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Troll_dd2 said:

It makes me wonder wt floor are you at now

I have afk'ed my way to 300 before boredom set in from playing alone and currently taking a short break playing with others in the lower areas of the game. Will be continuing my afk grind to 500 with no cheesy defenses or heroes slowly from here so I dont get as bored. Then quit pushing because Im not resetting anymore and I can clearly see there is no reward for pushing further.

21 minutes ago, Troll_dd2 said:

And I can't understand your 256% vs 60% logic.
Anyway, if 60% is op they can just change it to 40%, w/e

The way the game calculates damage with anti mods is multiplicative so two 60% bonuses is 256% damage

As far as that second part lowering values and lowering damage is going on in another active thread atm so I wont 

Edited by Exglint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Exglint said:

<snip>

The way the game calculates damage with anti mods is multiplicative so two 60% bonuses is 256% damage

It's actually 156%, if comparing against 60%. i.e. a 156% dmg increase with 2x 60% dmg increase mods stacked multiplicatively. Otherwise it's 160% effective damage that should be compared to 256% effective damage. (effective-damage is not the appropriate term, but too lazy to recall a better one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyway, my steam game time is 600+ but I feel like there is nothing left for me to play
They need to give some end-game goal for players
Making a new game mode like mastery would be nice but it will take them too much time
Giving mods rewards is much easier and reasonable

Edited by Troll_dd2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i'd love to see (just me being greedy mayhaps) is the following (in addition to existing Cosmetic & Mananode rewards):

  • Every 50 floors: choose from either one of
    • random amount of mod reroll tokens bundle
    • random crafting resource bundle
    • random gold cache
  • Every 100 floors: choose from either one of
    • specific 10/10 relic
    • specific weapon
    • specific <insert-item-locked-behind-RNG>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, malf said:

What i'd love to see (just me being greedy mayhaps) is the following (in addition to existing Cosmetic & Mananode rewards):

  • Every 50 floors: choose from either one of
    • random amount of mod reroll tokens bundle
    • random crafting resource bundle
    • random gold cache
  • Every 100 floors: choose from either one of
    • specific 10/10 relic
    • specific weapon
    • specific <insert-item-locked-behind-RNG>

I would love this (assuming you meant one 10/10 mod ofc and not a relic full of 10/10s). I think for balance reasons with resets in mind, I think should have its nown bar counting the number of maps done and not just be handed out at floor 50, 100 and so on, would be kinda hard to balance if you could get these rewards every 30 floors :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hajum023 said:

I think should have its nown bar counting the number of maps done and not just be handed out at floor 50, 100 and so on, would be kinda hard to balance if you could get these rewards every 30 floors :)

Don't start giving rewards until f150 will solve the problem :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hailminion said:

Don't start giving rewards until f150 will solve the problem :)

I remember back then before Isle of Dread (I'm not sure whether are you before that) - During Power of the Ancients and Protean Shift Expansions Era, three maps equals one Onslaught floor (aka three maps done in one sitting and every third map from 60 was the lost temple). The angel flair was at 65, old doom was at 95 and  final form was at 114.

So with that map/floor measurement, it was quite an endeavor to reach 114 for those averages player. That was my goal of reaching 114 the whole time and it took me nearly three months to get there. Also back then (mostly POTA era) with that measurement too, it is already a wow thing (maybe?) to see one with 95 and 114 flair.

Now I have to agree, that old doom and final form flairs doesn't really mean anything currently. If there is a new flair set to obtain at floor 250, 500. You bet I'll push!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going to add, while I'm ok with three map floor at one point, I didn't really like it either as that makes AP a slow torturous, no life looking grind. Funny thing is, it was great for def pack grinding though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yh I heard the 3 map floor was brutal.... and no replay feature. 

I got in around October, I think that's after Protean Shift? 

some unique flair, a new section, in addition to "wings, hair, etc", have a "background", so more combo to do

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want more flairs rewards for onslaught , 1 for 945 would be nice -> Add the caption : Congratulation you completed the tutorial !!!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 12:38 AM, hailminion said:

yh I heard the 3 map floor was brutal.... and no replay feature. 

I got in around October, I think that's after Protean Shift? 

Just remembered to answer this haha.

Isle of Dread came in around mid-september 2018 so yeah, you arrived during the Isle of Dread era.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:38 AM, hailminion said:

some unique flair, a new section, in addition to "wings, hair, etc", have a "background", so more combo to do

Gosh, I would really love more flairs combos! :)

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...