Faysumi

Platform to Play On

Hi folks, I got my survey earlier and it's asking about the platform I want my copy of the game for. Frankly I hadn't looked for a while and forgot it was coming to console.
So I have a few questions on that if anyone happens to know, based off whether I'd get it for PC or Switch (or both):
First off, will the game be cross platform?
Will save states work across platforms?
Will there be a physical release on console?

If anyone has any insight on any of these it would be much appreciated. Thanks! (also, apologies if there are threads on this already)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I believe - no cross-platform play (yet at least), cross save as in one account across saves will be available, and no physical release is likely since none have been in the franchise that i know of. Please, anyone correct me if I'm off. 

Edited by Jaws_420

wonder if I can hold my answer until after it's release....

would love to stay on xbox, but if on release it's just all super buggy on console, I'll play on PC....

I think cross-platform is in the works (hopefully), however, save states would most likely be a no-go. I've yet to run across a game that supports save states between PC and Switch - Im surprised Paladins and Smite didnt even carry it.

The Kickstarter mentioned:

UNREAL ENGINE 4:   WE CURRENT GEN NOW, DEFENDERS! This opens up the possibility for unparalleled visuals, cross-platform support and faster development! 

Aside from that, I don't know of any official word.  Might just depend on if Sony let's their users play with the others or how quickly the DLC can get on all the devices.