Sign in to follow this  
All Your Yeahs

We need an alternative viewpoint

Posted (edited)

I know this has been brought up in the past more than once..

But, us console players still have no way of rotating our camera viewpoint. I mean it's nothing major but still can be annoying when you're trying to build solo and it takes like 4 attempts to get a tower down at an angle you're kinda happy with.. or in multiplayer you have to get a friend to guide your placement. 

Maybe there's those that aren't bothered by it.. but It would be a nice little quality of life improvement for a fair number of us. Though it's probably something we'd all take for granted if we had the ability.

I can understand if there have been issues trying to get the feature for us like maybe becasue our controllers are limited with button mapping. 

One option that springs to mind is the camera rotation view could be toggled on and off by pulling both triggers simaltainiously (at least during the build phase only and while in the town hub as during combat it would probably clash with hero abilties or secondary attacks?) And then the left stick could be used to adjust the camera, instead of moving your hero, and left and right trigger could act to zoom the view. 

A more simple option would be to tap down or R/L on the D pad while placing a defense to enter camera rotaion view, but that could only be used while building a tower. 

And while we're at it.. wouldn't it be a nice simple touch to add in the options menu the abilty to turn off the user interface completely so as we can take some epic in game screenshots of ourselves and our friends? :)

Edited by All Your Yeahs
  • Like 2

Tbh doesn't even need to be complicated. Right stick can just be used as camera rotation, like we are ALREADY DOING during combat. For some reason right stick is just disabled during placement. 

Left for rotating defense, right for rotating view just like in combat, should work pretty easily. (don't know if it's as easy as un-disabling right stick camera control)

Yes! This thread! Please add that view. So frustrating!!!

• Like 2

While I cannot say when/if this will come to DD2, we do know this is a pain point for players and have made sure to address this in DDA from the beginning.

• Thanks 1