Sign in to follow this  
MrPeterPFL

WM Earth or Poison?

I’m in a little pickle here and I need your help. Since the prettify combo and SR combo has been nerfed, I decided to start fresh with my Weapon Manufacture. I don’t know if I should tinker either Poison or Earth mod on to my Weapon Manufacture. 

WM (Earth) + PDT? 

WM (Poison) + EarthShatters?

What do you guys think is better? 

Earthshatter costs more but does more single-target damage (and doesn't require Piercer so can scale to quite insane damage levels), can be used in more lanes effectively as it ignores line of sight issues, and it's great against mini-bosses.

With shatterquake it can aoe earth decently. Fewer defenses can also mean DU upgrade costs get consolidated better for later waves.

• Thanks 1

If you have earth on your WM, you can use them in most flyer lanes too if you have deadly strikes. Then throw in a PDT

Another thing you could do is put poison on your Proton beam, and use them with earthshatter (with shatterquake)  so you then get the bonus of some knock up thrown in with the petrify. Then.. even throw in a PDT that will get the knocked up enemies.

You can also then use the WM and Proton beam combo together so would be a flexible set up.

• Thanks 1

I have been using the poison Wm as it blankets Poison much faster and better then PDT for larger groups on CB Lanes and CB flyer lanes. I don't use it all the time and normal reset set up is PDT , EarthShatter and Earth Viper with Split vipers. It can hold down pretty much any lane including HS. I just use Earth Toss on EarthShatter and Explosive poison on PDT.

I also add Fissures with Embermount ( i know but it works Lol ) as required for frosty lanes. I have done 2 full resets with this set up and just using dropped c7 un-upgraded relics. 

Drakenkeep I have automation and put that on the Poison Wm and use Vipers and a few Fissures. I only have to keep 2 or 3 Torches lit.  ( fissures embermount keeps burning) and no I never have an issue with more then 10 mobs as things die faster then that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im interesting in trying double ramsters (one builder with poison, one with earth). My logic is that ramsters are an efficient delivery method, and you should, in theory, be able to stop entire lanes like that, while also doing dmg. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I setup one of my WMs so that i can easilly just swap out any of 3 relics that are setup each for - poison, earth, and water. I just change relics for what i want as each is useful in different times. Being able to quickly apply the elemental condition to a wide area and up to 10 enemies at a time is very useful. No other nonelemental def can do this as well. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2