buff c8 reflect beam range shard to max range

Maybe only when gilded.  I'd like to be able to use my range hypershard in something else other than reflect beam.

So what you are saying is, you want a normal shard that you can gild and get as many as you want to be as good as or better than a hyper shard something you can only get once?

Honestly, the hyper shards already need a looking at to rebalance them to be better than any other shard as is because several have fallen behind in usefulness. Part of the hyper shard desire is an all powerful shard the is matched by no other shard. If they buff anything to be equal to or better then hyper shards lose their worth. If you want multiple hypers in effect then get a friend who has it and get them to use it on a different defense, as is how they were supposed to be.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Exglint said:

So what you are saying is, you want a normal shard that you can gild and get as many as you want to be as good as or better than a hyper shard something you can only get once?

I guess what I'm actually saying is I think using vicious strikes (my favorite shard in the game) in reflect beam is kind of lame, especially when there is a new shard specifically designed to increase its range.  I don't know maybe the new shard makes the range "good enough".  I just heard it wasn't max.  You can max out reflect beam's range with only 2 upgrades on vicious strikes, and there are several defenses in the game that can already be max ranged without that shard.

Alternatively I'd also like to see removal of range limits in the game entirely.  Sure it would probably break things, but it would be fun, and isn't that the point?

Edited by nude_tayne

2 hours ago, nude_tayne said:

Alternatively I'd also like to see removal of range limits in the game entirely.  Sure it would probably break things, but it would be fun, and isn't that the point?

Broken things might b fun short-term, but kills longevity of a game. 

• Like 1