gcstephen13

Hot Fix = Problematic 😄

I believe in healthy criticism and  regardless of the title that’s what it’s going to be .

what Chromatic Games just Did is “Thanos Snap” hours of peoples  time or gold on Mod Re-Rolls for a Ten Water Servo.

Now while I hated having water on my WM ( I Prefer Controller) countless people did have it and was always a recommendation on this board to newbies. If you were planning on taking away the water servo combo on the WM then it should have been Announced months ago, to ease People in. 

I’m glad Petrify got nerfed now, even though I wasted Mod Re-Rolls I get it and  think it definitely needed to be done  even though now I have wasted a slot- hello crap Fiery fangs.  Plus this Completely kills  exploration of fun combos because you’re gonna be left with  A crap Mod like myself. 

What I don’t understand is why do this now( Water WM) why alienate the people that are playing your game?  To me this just seems like a very bad business model,  specially since you’re slowing down DD2.

The way this update was handled is extremely poor with all the other bugs that are still going on in the game that should take precedent. 

Again  none of this really affects me but it affects the people I enjoy playing with. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I am glad the Petrify got nerfed myself. It was causing some awful behavior in the enemies and dragged my ONS on longer than it should have and it made C7 farming far worse than it should have. I use it for the 5% damage effect or if the lane has very few enemies like Throwers and Healers or something.

As for the Shocking Rev/Water, I was able to keep mine before the hotfix and I am going to continue to ride it until the wheels fall off. I admit that nerfing this is a ballbuster as the stun before it was still effective, but unreliable.  Not to mention as you said: It robbed people of something they fought tooth and nail to acquire.

Luckily, I am working on a contingency to compensate: The Water Elemental Shard. Although it has a chance for drench, it still works on any damage type. We will just be unable to get permastun results, but it will have to do. There is also the PEtrify combo and that can be used in a myriad of ways. All that really has changed is the amount of DU we will need to spend to think outside the box.

I think the problem was it became an unintended consequence to a previous patch and players got addicted to how effective the permastun was when they found out about it, even if there are obvious drawbacks to it (Diminishing Returns, 60DU + 30 per extra node, 10 enemies at a time, network shares buffs and debuffs, Cyberorcs, etc.). When someone is forced to quit cold turkey without warning, then it becomes difficult to deal with the issue even if it gets proven results.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 2

They had a good thing going with this latest update, making fun combos. They’re determined to fuck up their own game, kill DD2, and move on to DDA. They don’t care about this game anymore.

• Like 1

Felt rather shafted by this one.  Time and effort to setup petrify...gone.  Definitely screwed a bunch of relics.

Timing is really the curious part.  Couple months ago it was "we're moving on to the new game, dd2 is getting mothballed."  Now it's, "we're care about the meta and saw you were having too much fun."

Can't decide if they want me to drop the game or just like wasting my time.  Either way, it doesn't exactly get me hyped for DDA.

• Like 1

I think an easy solution to many of the mod woes would be for CG to enable moving mods off gear without losing the base item. Then those 10 water chips can be moved to a second WM and get your stun combo back. 

I don't mind the nerfs because i have not had a chance to see how effective poison chips are yet. We are focusing on the negative and not looking at what we gained. 2 WMs, one with earth, one with poison - could be a nice combo...or a earth WM with a PDT firing into it. Lots of petrify possibilities to explore. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

I think an easy solution to many of the mod woes would be for CG to enable moving mods off gear without losing the base item. Then those 10 water chips can be moved to a second WM and get your stun combo back. 

I don't mind the nerfs because i have not had a chance to see how effective poison chips are yet. We are focusing on the negative and not looking at what we gained. 2 WMs, one with earth, one with poison - could be a nice combo...or a earth WM with a PDT firing into it. Lots of petrify possibilities to explore. 

Or Earth or Poison the Wpn Manu and place a Ramster or Explosive Trap set of the other and not have to spend 120 DU.

Or we just use Water Elemental and improve the SR stun chances by a quarter multiplicative.

Edited by ChrisH36

I tweaked the topic title- Though the content of the post was fine, the topic title was pretty rude.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alhanalem said:

I tweaked the topic title- Though the content of the post was fine, the topic title was pretty rude.

>Problematic

Oh God XD

Well, then again, the criticism for this has been brutal for the last few days, but as I said in a previous thread: I think people are just dealing with the initial stages but will eventually adapt and overcome it.

Don't get me wrong. I still like you guys, but this should have done in advance or as I said: Should have been dealt with in the first place when Elemental Combos were added.

Edited by ChrisH36

This update has made Lost Temple a shitshow for me. Onslaught progress has once again stagnated and I've almost lost the will to continue.

It's crazy, the Poison update renewed my vigor for playing the game and I was 'momentarily' hooked again into climbing onslaught. Oh well ...

Their game engineers and planners(if theres any) are doing things of their convenience without actually thinking about players and customers themselves.
I strongly doubt whether these people actually play the game or not.
"Nerfing" is common among most games, and dd2's team is apparently not doing it in a conventional way.
Nerfing in most games are gradual adjustments of stats through stages of corrections.
Given an example of League of Legends:
They nerf overpowered champions by adjusting damage ratio and mana costs bit by bit through many patches, so that ppl can follow and adapt without much problem.

This DD2 team instead of using their time to adjust and plan, they simply remove the mechanics itself, which to them is the fastest and easiest way to accomplish their "Task" of "Nerfing"

Not only for the taunt mechanism and specific poison mods for Sand Vipers, Ballista, etc. did they have removed it from game (Instead of adjusting proper stun duration or DU cost)
They didnt even try to fix bugs properly.

Given an example I have mentioned in the hotfix (tho deleted by admin of the forum), the C8 Shard Spider's Kiss, which grant Gunwitch both poison effect and earth damage.
I have reported a bug previously about the not-working of this shard in petrifying enemies.
What they do to fix this bug is that they "Changed" the description of "Earth" damage into "Poison" damage. A typical case of their so called "nerfing" removing the mechanism itself.
What is more problematic in their so doing is that, they didnt even test the shard themselves.
By changing "earth damage" into "Poison damage", they thought they have "fixed" the bug issue, however, the bug is still there, even if you apply Earth Servo on Gunwitch's weapon together with the C8 shard I mentioned, you couldnt petrify enemies.

This is how their engineers do their job.
Careless, Lazy, and have no respect nor consideration to players

This comment might soon be removed by them
if they really do so, I will just discourage every friend of mine from playing this game or any games made by this company. Coz they wont be treated properly by the developers anyways.

Chromatic noticed that we were having a lot of fun with this new update and said “nope, fuck that”. 

I feel there is something disproportionate about my lack of butthurt over the obvious and long time coming nerfs given the extent people are complaining.

I like @Jaws_420 idea to not lose the gear that has the mod on it.

I'm looking forward to more awesome combos; keep them coming chromedome! (plis can we have the super promised @Elandrian explosion combo that you said we'd absolutely 100% definitely get) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

I'm looking forward to more awesome combos; keep them coming chromedome! (plis can we have the super promised @Elandrian explosion combo that you said we'd absolutely 100% definitely get) 

Ooh, I'm definitely am quite interested in that since that was mentioned! 

• Like 1