Guih

Am I going to lose my WM's?

After the last hotfix, we are not allowed to combine water servo + shoking rev. Mods anymore, so for those who already has this combination, are we going to lose that relic or something?

We need to know, because if this is the case, we need to be prepared to change our strategy.

Posted (edited)

From what I have seen, those who made it before the hot fix keep it and will most likely ride it until the wheels fall off.

Those who didn't have to do 1 of 3 things:

• Take a defense that does widespread damage like a Ramster or Explosive Traps and give them Water Servos while keeping Shocking Revelation or vice versa (Water Wpn Manus and Shock spread)
  • Get a Water Elemental Shard from Chaos 8 (chance to drench) and attach that to the Wpn Manufacturer with Shocking Revelation Servo to improve stun chances
  • Switch to Petrification with Earth and Poison.
Edited by ChrisH36
  • Sad 1

But it's unfair with the new players, that's why I'm thinking that they will reverse those changes or Just Destroy this wm's combo. Would be nice to know that from a Dev.

They will just disable the water servo and say that's invalid on the relic. Same thing they do on PDT relics with elements. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Guih said:

But it's unfair with the new players, that's why I'm thinking that they will reverse those changes or Just Destroy this wm's combo. Would be nice to know that from a Dev.

As much as it is, but as I said in a previous post: This is what happens when something unintended is devised and people find out and  get addicted to it's use. The moment I saw that all Water damage can now Drench, I knew the combo was going to be meta and everyone was going to do whatever it took to get both ASAP.

There is still a multitude of ways to spread Petrification and Shock and I have already mentioned 3 of them, 4 if you factor in Earthshatter with max rate and Earth Toss. All that has changed is the amount of DU we must divert in order to inflict said ailments.

I myself am upset this happened the way it did (basically cold turkey), but I will just adapt to it and move on as many of us will.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 2

The thing that kills me in all of this is that people were specifically asking if they were going to change the nature of S.R. with Weapon Mans. in the live streams leading up to the player-centric patch...They said no multiple times...and now here we are and the combo is now dead.../facepalm. It's not like this was a new combo that came out of the patch. People have been doing this for a while. They really seem to not know WTF they're doing at this point. LOL they claimed rigorous testing when removing the taunt from petrify but I ask you who didn't know how powerful petrify was after the first wave in which they used petrify...Do they actually test anything? I mean hell, poison damage didn't work at all on patch day. I'm not feeling a lot of trust with C.G. and it's really starting to feel like Trendy 2.0.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tigorus said:

LOL they claimed rigorous testing when removing the taunt from petrify but I ask you who didn't know how powerful petrify was after the first wave in which they used petrify...Do they actually test anything? I mean hell, poison damage didn't work at all on patch day. I'm not feeling a lot of trust with C.G. and it's really starting to feel like Trendy 2.0.

This is what bothered me about the whole Shocking Revelation/Wpn Manu combo in the first place: Implemented new ideas without revisiting old ones. I get that they wanted to add Elemental Combos to make the game more thinking oriented (which I like planning strategies), but all contingencies should be factored when released. When people realized that all Water damage caused drench and SR does Shock damage, people put 2 and 2 together and got the combo and eventually we got addicted to it because of how efficient it was. Now we got the cold turkey quit and some of us aren't taking it very well, especially when this could have been squashed in the first place by making this impossible to pull off.

This feels like Mind Control towers from Sanctum 2 all over again.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChrisH36 said:

This is what bothered me about the whole Shocking Revelation/Wpn Manu combo in the first place: Implemented new ideas without revisiting old ones. I get that they wanted to add Elemental Combos to make the game more thinking oriented (which I like planning strategies), but all contingencies should be factored when released. When people realized that all Water damage caused drench and SR does Shock damage, people put 2 and 2 together and got the combo and eventually we got addicted to it because of how efficient it was. Now we got the cold turkey quit and some of us aren't taking it very well, especially when this could have been squashed in the first place by making this impossible to pull off.

This feels like Mind Control towers from Sanctum 2 all over again.

Yup. And let me be clear, I was already working on something different anyway and I'm not mad about what they did just the way they did it. I'm all about being challenged to look for something new and already had several options, anticipating that this would happen in spite of them saying it wouldn't.  This kind of thing makes it difficult for people to justify future time sinks with a game like this knowing it could all be a waste. There needs to be some kind of stability knowing our time is well spent. They need to stop re-inventing the wheel and instead figure how to improve the wheel instead.

I purchased this game the day it came out it's it's pre-pre-pre Alpha state and it broke my heart what they've done to this franchise. Instead of giving us new challenges in the form of new content they, as per the usual, they take something away or change it in a way that makes it no longer desirable. This game is in such a (seemingly) diminished state, for them to do this to their mostly veteran player with out any communication (and straight up going against what they said) is scary and shows a gross lack of respect for their player base. I mean who do they think this is for? People put tons hours and resources into playing a certain way then BAM!! all that hard work is wiped out without notice.

I had hoped after being gone for so long that when I came back these sorts of things would be a thing of the past (especially with new ownership) but it looks like I was wrong. I initially had funded DDA but after talking to a friend I came to my senses and decided to wait and see what direction C.G. would take things. I felt they needed to prove to me that things had changed. It appears my hunch was correct. I will continue to play and push myself for the challenge of it but I am not hopeful of the future for this franchise. I hope I am wrong. Good luck everyone!!!

Edited by Tigorus
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I know the feeling. I bought the game Day 1 and quit Diablo 3 and split this with Path of Exile. I mostly focus when its Onslaught and just do my farming in the middle of wrestling or work via multitasking.

Communication was the biggest ballbuster about this fiasco and this should have been addressed in the dev logs ahead of time, so we can ease ourselves into the change and have time to figure out countermeasures (which I already have and got all the parts ready for when the wheels fall off SR/Water; Water Elemental and a Tenacity Servo to replace Water). Players will adapt I am sure, but if this type of miscommunication continues, it will be a problem when DD:A comes out and I for one want THAT release to work out.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 2

The crux of this hot nerf is the lack of heads up. 

As disappointed as I am in losing taunt, petrify is still superior to stun: enemies take more damage while effectively stunned, mass area petrify is no longer a bad thing as we don't have taunt, and flying mobs over water / death drop will die instantly.

• Like 6

WM never should have been able to have dual elements IMO as no other def does. SR should have always been an elemental mod. It's an easy fix though- make a second WM (or any mass hitting nonelemental def) and put a water servo on that and overlap. Combo restored. WM sucked IMO before that huge SR meta that dropped. I think no one likes when metas shift, and change management will always result in a % of unsatisfied recipients. 

• Like 2

I don’t know why, after months of players enjoying this combo, they decide to take it away. It’s already countered by diminishing returns so it just feels like a giant middle finger to all the players. This last update sucks ass.

I changed my setup to WM's with earth servo  + pdt. I dont know what CG is going to do with the old Shocking + water, but i change it anyways, its good to try new things sometimes.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Guih said:

I changed my setup to WM's with earth servo  + pdt. I dont know what CG is going to do with the old Shocking + water, but i change it anyways, its good to try new things sometimes.

Another option people have considered is Earthshatters with Shatterquake and Poison/Tenacity Proton Beams. It has the added benefit to slow Headstrong things.

I'm just going to use Water Elemental when the wheels fall off.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 1