Jump to content
LAWLTA

May 1st Hotfix

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Zombiewookie said:

Poison servo works, not sure the new petrify is really worth it however 

It can be if you are facing off against a high health target.

It also allows you to do full damage against Drakenlords, even if they have their ice field up.

It is also helpful if you use an Earth weapon as a Dryad.

Edited by ChrisH36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wallyy said:

almost certain they will find a way to make sure players cant have both on WM.

There is a workaround but it will be a doozy.

Water Elemental Shard (C8) can still drench by chance and it works on any damage type, like Drenching Strikes does. So combine that with Shocking Revelation and you still have a chance to stun with that and then electrocute when you drench. Replace Water with someonething like Tenacity or Defense Range.

I sadly sold my only one I had before this patch thinking I wouldn't need it but farming a new one wont be awful if I start from F30. Even before it, Shocking Revelation had a pretty average proc chance.

Edited by ChrisH36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with regards to the poison issues, what’s going on with the PDT? It’s poison effect hasn’t done any damage since the update. Two fixes have now been and gone and yet still, one of the oldest towers in the game does not do what it’s supposed to. Are we supposed to assume this is not in fact a bug and the PDT will no longer do poison damage? Some clarification would be nice. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ro8star82 said:

So with regards to the poison issues, what’s going on with the PDT? It’s poison effect hasn’t done any damage since the update. Two fixes have now been and gone and yet still, one of the oldest towers in the game does not do what it’s supposed to. Are we supposed to assume this is not in fact a bug and the PDT will no longer do poison damage? Some clarification would be nice. 

To my knowledge, PDT works  perfectly fine. Simply doesn't apply poison to target dummies. Also PDT is now attuned to poison element

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mea Culpa said:

To my knowledge, PDT works  perfectly fine. Simply doesn't apply poison to target dummies. Also PDT is now attuned to poison element

Thanks for the response. It’s difficult to see if the poison is doing damage during a map because it’s not the only source, so the dummies are the only way to know for certain. Is there a reason the poison doesn’t work on dummies? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ro8star82 said:

Thanks for the response. It’s difficult to see if the poison is doing damage during a map because it’s not the only source, so the dummies are the only way to know for certain. Is there a reason the poison doesn’t work on dummies? 

It works great I use explosive poison and watch a whole lane explode in green mist for 30secs on Timmy's revenge lane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been doing some testing with the Sand Vipers with Earth Servo and the new Fiery Fangs mod.

Okay.. so yeah the all in one Venomous Viper instant petrify combo was overpowered and I wont be missing it.. (too much!) 

But I thought since my vipers still have the earth servo, I tested it out with the PDT's and can confirm they are NOT causing any petrify combo. Well, the problem being is that the medallion I have with Earth servo and Fiery Fangs does not attune the tower to Earth. (No earth animation on tower)

However, tried with a medallion with Earth servo alone and all works as it should. Pretty nice petrify going on.  So I guess a bug? 

Also just tested Balista and PDT combo with Burning bolts amd Earth servo. Tower attunes to earth and working fine with the combo. 

Edited by All Your Yeahs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly how your universities had taught you :)
Cant take sarcasm? "Correcting" the forum, while being not able to fix real issues?
Player knows, they always do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Wallyy said:

almost certain they will find a way to make sure players cant have both on WM.

Just use Water Elemental shard.

 

I figured they'd fix Vipers and Ballistas. But to turn taunt off is a big boo :<

Edited by Little Magic Hat
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ro8star82 said:

Attuning lightning to weapons man means u can’t have water servo on it, which most people do seeing as it gives the electrocute combo. This means anyone who has a maxed chaos 8 relic with shocking revelation and water servo on it has wasted an unbelievable amount of time/resources because it’s now useless.

It's not wasted. wtv on the relics still on it,  the upgrades on the relic will stay. The only resource that was wasted might be a water servo, which is worth like 1m. 

Edited by hailminion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, uzar said:

It works great I use explosive poison and watch a whole lane explode in green mist for 30secs on Timmy's revenge lane.

I admit one of my more guilty pleasures of this game ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChrisH36 said:

It isn't. Those who were smart enough to make Water/Shocking Rev combos before this patch still keep them.

The new players will either need to use another defense to inflict mass drench (best being Ramsters) or use Earthshatters with a gilded Toss and max rate or have to use Shocking Rev's stun chance on it's own.

There is also that C8 shard Water elemental which can be used to drench enemy with 20% chance and it doesnt count as elemental meaning peole can still use water + Lightning on wmfr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ChrisH36 said:

It isn't. Those who were smart enough to make Water/Shocking Rev combos before this patch still keep them.

The new players will either need to use another defense to inflict mass drench (best being Ramsters) or use Earthshatters with a gilded Toss and max rate or have to use Shocking Rev's stun chance on it's own.

There is also that C8 shard Water elemental which can be used to drench enemy with 20% chance and it doesnt count as elemental meaning peole can still use water + Lightning on wmfr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Zombina said:

There is also that C8 shard Water elemental which can be used to drench enemy with 20% chance and it doesnt count as elemental meaning peole can still use water + Lightning on wmfr

I brought that up a few posts back.

Edited by ChrisH36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, LAWLTA said:

DEFENDERS!

We just pushed out a hotfix for PC and PlayStation 4, and Xbox One! This hotfix is aimed and squishing some bugs, bringing poison mods into alignment, and adding something new! Let’s get into it.

Elemental Combos

The Poison Chip, and it’s combination with Earth damage to create petrify, is an awesome addition to the game. Though we performed rigorous testing, we found that there were instances where this combo was overriding every other setup in terms of usage, and providing way too much CC and power.

Some of the issues were with other Mods. We changed these Mods to prevent these broken interactions:

  • Ballista Bite is now Burning Bolts

    • Poison damage turned into fire damage.

  • Venomous Viper is now Fiery Fangs

    • Poison damage turned into fire damage.

  • Plantera’s Blessing is now Fireblossom Blessing

    • Poison damage turned into fire damage.

We completely understand that these mods were fun and awesome to interact with as poison, and we didn’t want to just alter a combination, leaving less choice, and that be it. So to provided even MORE options than before, we added a POISON SERVO as a possible Mod. Previously it was only as a Chip for weapons, limiting your combinations on towers to take advantage of Petrify. Our goal is to make things as fun as possible, so while we’re sorry that it may affect your current builds, we wanted to try and make up for it by providing a Mod that gives more flexibility than before!

Bug Fixes

  • Fixed an issue with returning players getting stuck while loading into the game.

  • The following Mods have had elemental attunements assigned to them

    • Shocking Revelation (Lightning)

    • Lingering Hellfire (Fire)

  • Adjusted freezes to increase earth damage by 10% when shattered instead of scaling from enemy level and HP.

  • Petrified enemies now take 5% more damage while petrified, taunt mechanic removed.

  • Fixed an issue where Grave Infection was not doing damage, and now does only poison damage.

  • Fixed an issue where Dragon’s Gaze was not able to equip shards.

  • Adjusted Spider’s Kiss to deal poison damage.

  • Fixed a couple bugs that caused enemy health to go negative.

 

I'm not too bummed about the changes to poison MODS, especially since it opens up more options and self applying combos through MODS alone are very strong. I will say though that the overall changes to both the Freeze to Shatter combo as well as the Petrify effect feel a bit much. Anyone pushing high onslaught can attest that any effect that uses the stats of mobs to determine its damage is extremely powerful and this nerf is a hefty one. This does, however, mean that they can be tuned better by bumping up those numbers which I would hope is something that gets done to compensate a bit. Though that makes them a bit more boring so I'd try to spice them up and make each combo feel different.

If I could wave a magic wand and make these changes instantly they'd be; 

  • Ignite does the most damage overall because the enemies are not stunned by it outright.
  • Shattering a frozen enemy will cause the tower that shattered said enemy to always Crit.
  • Petrified enemies gain 'Wall Aggro' so they'll still be attacked if a lane becomes impassable.
  • Electrocuted enemies deal 5% of the storm damage that triggered Electrocute to nearby enemies over the duration of the Electrocute.

This gives each combo an identity that can be built around; Ignite would have the best overall damage, Shatter makes you wanna pump up the tower's crit damage for maximum effect, Petrify gets a little bit of its taunt mechanic back, Electrocute can spread like a plague but won't deal nearly as much damage by itself and needs tower support else the enemies become resistant too soon. I recognize that this would take time to develop but these are  just my thoughts.

If nothing else I'd like to see Maw of the Earth Drake get its taunt back on successful petrify just to give it a unique niche since it feels like so many are overlooking that when other towers gained petrify and it became the king of CCing a lane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 9:00 AM, Ron Bloodwings said:

 

If nothing else I'd like to see Maw of the Earth Drake get its taunt back on successful petrify just to give it a unique niche since it feels like so many are overlooking that when other towers gained petrify and it became the king of CCing a lane.

The Maw of the Earth Drake still works the way it is supposed to do. Crumbling Stone also stacks with the 5% bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...