LAWLTA

May 1st Hotfix

DEFENDERS!

We just pushed out a hotfix for PC and PlayStation 4, and Xbox One! This hotfix is aimed and squishing some bugs, bringing poison mods into alignment, and adding something new! Let’s get into it.

Elemental Combos

The Poison Chip, and it’s combination with Earth damage to create petrify, is an awesome addition to the game. Though we performed rigorous testing, we found that there were instances where this combo was overriding every other setup in terms of usage, and providing way too much CC and power.

Some of the issues were with other Mods. We changed these Mods to prevent these broken interactions:

• Ballista Bite is now Burning Bolts

• Poison damage turned into fire damage.

• Venomous Viper is now Fiery Fangs

• Plantera’s Blessing is now Fireblossom Blessing

We completely understand that these mods were fun and awesome to interact with as poison, and we didn’t want to just alter a combination, leaving less choice, and that be it. So to provided even MORE options than before, we added a POISON SERVO as a possible Mod. Previously it was only as a Chip for weapons, limiting your combinations on towers to take advantage of Petrify. Our goal is to make things as fun as possible, so while we’re sorry that it may affect your current builds, we wanted to try and make up for it by providing a Mod that gives more flexibility than before!

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with returning players getting stuck while loading into the game.

• The following Mods have had elemental attunements assigned to them

• Shocking Revelation (Lightning)

• Lingering Hellfire (Fire)

• Adjusted freezes to increase earth damage by 10% when shattered instead of scaling from enemy level and HP.

• Petrified enemies now take 5% more damage while petrified, taunt mechanic removed.

• Fixed an issue where Grave Infection was not doing damage, and now does only poison damage.

• Fixed an issue where Dragon’s Gaze was not able to equip shards.

• Adjusted Spider’s Kiss to deal poison damage.

• Fixed a couple bugs that caused enemy health to go negative.

SOCIAL DEFENDERS
To get reliable updates on what’s to come, be sure to check out our social platforms for the latest juiciest beans to be spilled:

The entire team has had a blast making this content, we cannot wait for all of you to get your hands on our next update. Stay tuned for more info soon!

For Etheria!

The Dungeon Defenders II Team

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

• The following towers have had elemental attunements assigned to them

• Lingering Hellfire (Fire)

Shocking Revelation and Lingering Hellfire are not towers?

Posted (edited)

Since you guys are working with Elemental Combo checks, I feel I should bring these 3 up and they are all Petrify based:

• The Drakenlord while Petrified will take full damage from any attack, regardless if he has been ignited or not
  • The Goblin Siege Roller while Petrified has a wonky hitbox that causes some abilities and even attacks to act as if you hit the front or sides, even if you use them on the engine itself
  • Sometimes, the Siege Roller while petrified takes full damage from certain effects like the Fissure of Embermount's Embermount Flames Servo
Edited by ChrisH36

14 minutes ago, GlaiveCar said:

Shocking Revelation and Lingering Hellfire are not towers?

Typo. I think they meant mods.

• Like 1

I'm glad you stayed true to your word that the last patch had no nerfs, and saved them for this patch which nerfed several strategies straight into the ground.

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Guys shocking revelation + water mod is still working as before, even though you aren't allowed to make a new relic with that combo.  Please fix this ASAP.  I hate having powerful defenses.

• Haha 1

I'm not really affected by the poison nerf as I'm still using old school shocking revelation.

That is until I put two and two together on this haha!

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

The following Mods have had elemental attunements assigned to them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nude_tayne said:

Guys shocking revelation + water mod is still working as before, even though you aren't allowed to make a new relic with that combo.  Please fix this ASAP.  I hate having powerful defenses.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or the real deal....

• Haha 1

Just now, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

haha it was both actually.  I really abused those self petrifying vipers this past week, but I can't say it was really that fun after the novelty wore off.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nude_tayne said:

haha it was both actually.  I really abused those self petrifying vipers this past week, but I can't say it was really that fun after the novelty wore off.

I see! I haven't even tried the poison meta yet, really gotta do that soon in-case Shocking gets nerfed again haha!

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I see! I haven't even tried the poison meta yet, really gotta do that soon in-case Shocking gets nerfed again haha!

They uber nerfed the poison  with today's patch too -- petrified enemies no longer taunt.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nude_tayne said:

They uber nerfed the poison  with today's patch too -- petrified enemies no longer taunt.

Nani!?....I had no idea that petrify taunt....and taunt as in the petrified attracts enemies to attack it?

Now that probably explains why Poison-Earth-Petrify seem so good and became the meta....

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

Nani!?....I had no idea that petrify taunt....and taunt as in the petrified attracts enemies to attack it?

Now that probably explains why Poison-Earth-Petrify seem so good and became the meta....

Yeah the last game I played yesterday was a C7 match where someone just set up one or two self-petrifying vipers per lane, including air lanes because a viper would just make fliers drop out of the sky.  It was a nice farewell to that mechanic.  The first game I played today a 10/10 tenacity dropped for me though and I like to think the devs programmed that in on purpose as an apology for all these brutal nerfs :)

• Like 1

Saw that coming :classic_laugh: my "1/10 venomous viper" and "1/10 earth servo" still on an un-upgraded relic

Surprised it took em this long to change SR attunement. 

So basically ur completely screwing over anyone who has upgraded a weapons manufacturer to max chaos 8 with a water servo on?

1 hour ago, ro8star82 said:

So basically ur completely screwing over anyone who has upgraded a weapons manufacturer to max chaos 8 with a water servo on?

hows that?

24 minutes ago, Wallyy said:

hows that?

Attuning lightning to weapons man means u can’t have water servo on it, which most people do seeing as it gives the electrocute combo. This means anyone who has a maxed chaos 8 relic with shocking revelation and water servo on it has wasted an unbelievable amount of time/resources because it’s now useless.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, ro8star82 said:

Attuning lightning to weapons man means u can’t have water servo on it, which most people do seeing as it gives the electrocute combo. This means anyone who has a maxed chaos 8 relic with shocking revelation and water servo on it has wasted an unbelievable amount of time/resources because it’s now useless.

Oh shit lol, thanks. didnt pay attention to that part.

8 hours ago, LAWLTA said:

Bug Fixes

•  Fixed an issue with returning players getting stuck while loading into the game.

• The following Mods have had elemental attunements assigned to them

Reading this as a "Bug Fix" was indeed a shocking revelation.... At least address it!

(Typo: hotfix is aimed and *at)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

It isn't. Those who were smart enough to make Water/Shocking Rev combos before this patch still keep them.

The new players will either need to use another defense to inflict mass drench (best being Ramsters) or use Earthshatters with a gilded Toss and max rate or have to use Shocking Rev's stun chance on it's own.

Edited by ChrisH36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisH36 said:

It isn't. Those who were smart enough to make Water/Shocking Rev combos before this patch still keep them.

The new players will either need to use another defense to inflict mass drench or use Earthshatters with a gilded Toss and max rate.

almost certain they will find a way to make sure players cant have both on WM.

3 minutes ago, ChrisH36 said:

The new players will either need to use another defense to inflict mass drench or use Earthshatters with a gilded Toss and max rate.

I see! Then phew! I still have that Mods combo in my relic for my WMs.

Thanks for the clarification!

Posted (edited)

I’m on PC and tested the new poison servo mod on sand viper and cannon: I can’t see the poison effect nor can I see the petrify effect when combining with an earth tower in combat. Can someone verify that the poison servo works?

Edited by *ATHENA*