18 hours ago, Exglint said:

Temporal Feather, Farmed at easy difficulty, equippable in an extra slot above the helm, has one effect and no stats: Removes timers from all game modes Kappa

adds a timer for a chance a slightly better rewards 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

As for the aspect of remembering the pathing methods to race against the timer to build, it can get kinda boring eventually for me as I'd assume you have to build in that fashion the same way everytime you enter that map. I don't mind grinding with timers if there is great rewards in it but sometimes, I would like to chill around the map while building and I certainly would not want to chill in lower difficulties.

Build timers even those that are reasonably generous do tend to make it so you perfect ONE build so you can complete it within the limit with time to spare. Just having a timer makes one focus on efficiency rather than flexibility where builds are concerned. Survival which sadly is not present in DD2 is where you found more experimentation and honing your knowledge of how different combinations work or fail. I much preferred survival even though in many respects the difficulty was harder than just completing the map. I have never played optimal or been part of whatever the existing meta is. I never focus on whats "best way" to deal with X or y mob/map. I might be using the so-called worst hero to DPS or build with purely because i just love that hero. This probably puts me at a disadvantage and why I might find timers in general more frustrating.

To me it all depends on where your enjoyment is , are you the type to min/max or just wanna see what might be possible regardless if it is optimal or not? For those who enjoy being efficient and min/max timers add something extra to push you to improve efficiency even more. are you the type to take your sweet time planning before you act or want to streamline it as much as possible?

An interesting discussion I got involved with on the DD1 discord server (not official DD server) brought up a good point. Why people are not asking for removal of hardcore mode as well? Where was the outcry to make sure that is also left out? Is it perhaps because it was never implemented in DD2? Gave me food for thought.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

A question that would be valuable to know would be, are people okay with ready timers for each wave? So when the majority click go, the other players are then timed to demote people hanging up multiplayer games when with randoms.

Also, if so, would people prefer the ability to unready and the timer to be able to be canceled if it loses majority?

I presonally think, even with infinite time to build, ready timers would need to remain as multiplayer games are hardly the place to have a leisurely stroll. Unreadying may still give the ability to hang up a game or to pester someone, but if the majority is doing this, they probably are not the people to be playing with.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, LemonyNebula said:

A question that would be valuable to know would be, are people okay with ready timers for each wave? So when the majority click go, the other players are then timed to demote people hanging up multiplayer games when with randoms.

Also, if so, would people prefer the ability to unready and the timer to be able to be canceled if it loses majority?

I presonally think, even with infinite time to build, ready timers would need to remain as multiplayer games are hardly the place to have a leisurely stroll. Unreadying may still give the ability to hang up a game or to pester someone, but if the majority is doing this, they probably are not the people to be playing with.

I agree that in multiplayer having ready timers is needed, many people do not want to wait 10 minutes while someone sorts through their inventory etc. I always veiwed it as if the builder is ready you should be too. If you want to sort through every item you picked up do so back in tavern/town when it wont interfere with the rest of the group. I dont think anyone even those of us who dislike build timers feel a need to remove the ready timer. Ready timers do not force me to build solo in under 70 seconds or whatever but allow multiplayer not to be held back because one player is afk etc. I am not too sure about optioning out of timer afterwards, this really depends on what the kick options are. Will it e like Dd1 where the host has automony and decides who they do and dont play with? Or more like DD2 where the majority decide? Until I know how kicking of players works I am not really sure if I am for or against it.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 2